For those thinking we ever changed anything for Wilson think again.

OP
OP
John63

John63

Reaction score
I agree . I think if anything Pete Carroll and John Schneider tried to accommodate lil #3
To their own detriment. PC doesn't need a 35 year old 5'10" qb who wants to throw for 5000 yards per season. . I think they shouldve ran him out of town last time he forced a new contract
Well, you can agree but the facts show otherwise, adding Ro was added to help the run game per PC not to help Wilson. The RO as we used it is purely a running play either he gives it to the back or he keeps it both are running that does not help Wilson it help the run game. as said in the article by PC himself they never changed period.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
except again as shown we ran it almost the same as passed it. 25 rushes to 27 passes. Should we have run it more perhaps? But also remember the Rams Qb through the ball 25 times only 2 less than Wilson.
Yes, they should have run it more. Wilson was embarrassingly bad, as he often is in the playoffs.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Well, you can agree but the facts show otherwise, adding Ro was added to help the run game per PC not to help Wilson. The RO as we used it is purely a running play either he gives it to the back or he keeps it both are running that does not help Wilson it help the run game. as said in the article by PC himself they never changed period.
This is absolutely absurd. Displays a severe and fundamental lack of understanding as to how the actual game of football is played.

A running game is good for a quarterback.

Utilizing Russell in the read option helped the offense, which helped the quarterback.

Do you honestly think Russell didn't benefit from edge rushers hesitating on play action due to the effectiveness of the read option?

Rather than lying (and make no mistake, you are blatantly lying) about quotes on a message board, why don't we actually try to talk about how the sport works for once?

morgulon1

Reaction score
This is absolutely absurd. Displays a severe and fundamental lack of understanding as to how the actual game of football is played.

A running game is good for a quarterback.

Utilizing Russell in the read option helped the offense, which helped the quarterback.

Do you honestly think Russell didn't benefit from edge rushers hesitating on play action due to the effectiveness of the read option?

Rather than lying (and make no mistake, you are blatantly lying) about quotes on a message board, why don't we actually try to talk about how the sport works for once?
Agreed. The RO helps everyone and everything. Yet it only works if the defense has any reason to think the QB will actually keep the ball and run with it.

I was originally speaking of Pete Carroll trying to accommodate and keep #3 happy by bringing in different players and coaches.

OP
OP
John63

John63

Reaction score
Agreed. The RO helps everyone and everything. Yet it only works if the defense has any reason to think the QB will actually keep the ball and run with it.

I was originally speaking of Pete Carroll trying to accommodate and keep #3 happy by bringing in different players and coaches.
What good is bringing in different players san ocaches if the system stays the same.

W

Welshers

And then there is this. No value to the conversation juts chdish attempts to belittle another Seahawks fan.
OK John, but you have to understand, from the perspective of many of the posters in this board it can be difficult to have what we feel is an unbiased conversation with you. You seem like a great guy and please don't take any of the criticism here personally. It is strictly based on football discourse. And your loyalty to Russel is certainly admirable.

With that said, you put Wilson up on some kind of pedestal. You make thread after thread about how he is so perfect and refuse to critisize him in anyway. It makes for disingenuous conversation. Some of us have what I consider to be legitimate issues with Wilson's game. Things went badly in Seattle and he played a part in it. You are unable to discuss that because of your blind loyalty.

OP
OP
John63

John63

Reaction score
OK John, but you have to understand, from the perspective of many of the posters in this board it can be difficult to have what we feel is an unbiased conversation with you. You seem like a great guy and please don't take any of the criticism here personally. It is strictly based on football discourse. And your loyalty to Russel is certainly admirable.

With that said, you put Wilson up on some kind of pedestal. You make thread after thread about how he is so perfect and refuse to critisize him in anyway. It makes for disingenuous conversation. Some of us have what I consider to be legitimate issues with Wilson's game. Things went badly in Seattle and he played a part in it. You are unable to discuss that because of your blind loyalty.
Actually, I don't. In fact, when I first joined this forum I did not talk much about Wilson. However all the vitriol and in some cases exaggerations, kind of brought out the underdog rooter in me. Truth be told my favorite Seahawk is not even Wilson. My favorite all-time is Largeant. My favorite current, well as last year was Wagner. This year given Wagner is gone not sure yet. Leaning toward Diggs. I just don't like it when people pick on others and use untruths to do it. If you look in the game forum I have said when he made emistakes. The problem is people in hear decided a long time ago before there were Wilson lover labels and such that if you say anything good about him you suck.

The reality is I know he is not perfect and still has things to work on, the difference is I know all players do even Brady and Rodgers. Btu some here act like it is only Wilson. Exmaple someone on here said he never throws to Tes, yet if you look 20% of his passes go to the TE, and guess what that's the same as Mahomes who is one of the best TEs.

You want to say he could throw more to Tes, okay I might actually agree, you want to say he misses people short middle sometimes. I might agree, but nope they say he never hits short middle which is wrong. FYI if you watch enough games you will all WBs miss open guys short middle, Brady, Rodgers etc.

So there it is, and now in 3-2-1

OP
OP
John63

John63

Reaction score
He's gone John..Let him go
You defended him to the end like only you could.
Life goes on man it's time to embrace it along with change.
When others stop talking about him in a Seahawks forum I will.