@DangeRuss ordered to play in first preseason game.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
My dads funeral was today so I just now found out Dangerwich LOST to who was it, Colt McCoy? AlexmcGough? Who?

keasley45

Reaction score

keasley45

Reaction score
I guess Sean needed to see classic Russ in real-time for himself. Zona's 3rd string D is looking stout! 😉

I think I've figured it out. All those times I've watched Russ's receivers standing, wide open, looking at him. (Like in the clip above) hoping, waiting for him to just throw them the ball while he refused, pumped, pirouetted, and then took an unnecessary sack... I thought it was his failure to see them or understand the offense.

No. He's a business man. I think all along, he's been using them as first hand witnesses to the punishment he took in the league, so that they can recount, first hand and in great detail their recollections of seeing him crumble to the ground, over and over again. Very dramatic. I mean, he could just throw them the ball. But a biography full of stories about 5 yard completions to the flat don't sell as well as those of the martyrd superstar who risked his life for the game.

Last edited:

Lagartixa

Reaction score
I suspect that you are right about Zona was playing their 2nd and 3rd stringers, afterall LJ Collier was out there, he couldn't be their starter.

This is one of those unstoppable-force-vs.-immovable-object things. Just as it's hard to answer the question of whether an infinitely powerful god can create an object so heavy that even the god itself can't lift the object, it's hard to answer the question of whether L.J. Collier isn't good enough to be a starter even on the worst defense in the NFL, or if the worst defenses in the NFL are so bad that even L.J. Collier could start there.
🤔

Lagartixa

Reaction score
Pete just covered for Wilson all these years, by catering an offense to his specific skills.

What's glorious about this is that Payton was asked on a TV broadcast last year what he would do to "fix" Russell Wilson, and what he said suggests more hilariously entertaining Broncos tribulations are coming.

Payton's reply was that he would get film of Wilson's successes in the past with the Seahawks and bring back the plays on which he was able to succeed. The problem with that? When Wilson and the Seahawks were succeeding with those plays, Wilson tried to get the head coach (who is also executive VP of the team) and GM fired because he felt they were holding him back.

There are so many ways for this to get even more entertaining. If Payton forces Wilson to play what Wilson fans incorrectly called "Peteball" (shoulda been called "Russball," because it was the need to work around Wilson's limitations that forced the Seahawks into it), will Wilson lobby to have Payton fired? If Wilson goes off script, will Payton have the balls to bench him? $124M for less than two seasons of a bad starting QB is pretty hard to swallow.

If the Broncos cut Wilson in the next offseason, they have to choose whether to take $85M of dead money on the 2024 cap or split that into $35.4M on the 2024 cap and $49.6M on the 2025 cap. For those of us who enjoy Broncos failure, the Wilson trade and contract extension are the gifts that keep on giving.

keasley45

Reaction score
What's glorious about this is that Payton was asked on a TV broadcast last year what he would do to "fix" Russell Wilson, and what he said suggests more hilariously entertaining Broncos tribulations are coming.

Payton's reply was that he would get film of Wilson's successes in the past with the Seahawks and bring back the plays on which he was able to succeed. The problem with that? When Wilson and the Seahawks were succeeding with those plays, Wilson tried to get the head coach (who is also executive VP of the team) and GM fired because he felt they were holding him back.

There are so many ways for this to get even more entertaining. If Payton forces Wilson to play what Wilson fans incorrectly called "Peteball" (shoulda been called "Russball," because it was the need to work around Wilson's limitations that forced the Seahawks into it), will Wilson lobby to have Payton fired? If Wilson goes off script, will Payton have the balls to bench him? $124M for less than two seasons of a bad starting QB is pretty hard to swallow.

If the Broncos cut Wilson in the next offseason, they have to choose whether to take $85M of dead money on the 2024 cap or split that into $35.4M on the 2024 cap and $49.6M on the 2025 cap. For those of us who enjoy Broncos failure, the Wilson trade and contract extension are the gifts that keep on giving.

View attachment 60160
If Wilson fails again, they can't keep him around. The pain from the cap hit would be far less than that of, for years, having a daily reminder of the worst personnel decision in franchise history, and one of the worst in league history walking around the lockeroom.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
It looks to me like he's even less mobile abet the small
sample size but these were 2nd/3rd string he faced-Yikes!
You see on that sack that he can't even do his whirly spin
move?
This does not bode well for his game of off script sandlot stuff.