@DangeRuss ordered to play in first preseason game.

bileever

Reaction score
I suspect that after last year, he is questioning his approach. He wants to please Sean Payton by staying on script, while wanting to go back to playing the way he did before. Having too many different voices in your head is not a good thing. I don't know if you can be an effective NFL QB if you become indecisive because you are thinking too much.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Perhaps Russ will leverage his underwhelming performance last night into getting his in-facility office back... Coach, if you let me have my office back, I promise that I'll play better next week.

ronnieboycefanclub

Reaction score
I watched on Gamepass and did anyone notice after the game was over, Wilson gathered some players in a circle for what appeared to be a prayer meeting. Apart from Wilson and one other, they were all Cardinals. Was the Bronco, someone who had not heard it before. After hearing it, they did not wish to hear it again?

keasley45

Reaction score
Just hopped over to the Broncos forum. Surprised to see zero threads (post first preseason game) on their passing game, Russ's performance under his new HC, the look of the new offense, etc.... zero conversation.

Is it denial time already?

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Just hopped over to the Broncos forum. Surprised to see zero threads (post first preseason game) on their passing game, Russ's performance under his new HC, the look of the new offense, etc.... zero conversation.

I visit there occasionally, and my take is... Donkey fans have their fingers crossed... and their mouths shut about Russ... all the while trusting Sean Payton to eventually elevate the Donks back to being relevant again (with or without Russ).

strohmin

Reaction score

It looks like they are already blaming the O-line and receivers for dropped passes and wrong routes.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
This is one of those unstoppable-force-vs.-immovable-object things. Just as it's hard to answer the question of whether an infinitely powerful god can create an object so heavy that even the god itself can't lift the object, it's hard to answer the question of whether L.J. Collier isn't good enough to be a starter even on the worst defense in the NFL, or if the worst defenses in the NFL are so bad that even L.J. Collier could start there.
🤔
Cardinals' team website listed Collier was their STARTING defense end.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
It looks to me like he's even less mobile abet the small
sample size but these were 2nd/3rd string he faced-Yikes!
You see on that sack that he can't even do his whirly spin
move?
This does not bode well for his game of off script sandlot stuff.
I read that he is now 215 lbs after an off season of serious weight loss. Does he looked noticeably slimmer? 215 after, what was before? 230?

Scout

Reaction score
I read a Broncos website head line that Wilson led three successful drives and the botched field goals were an anomaly. While true the context that is missing is that the Broncos had favorable field position for the most part and would have a combined 13 points only to show for it. Furthermore, the inability of the offense to convert third downs and punch the ball into the endzone when it mattered the most still haunts the Broncos offense dating to last season.

I am sure Payton will fix and improve things for the Broncos offense in general. But there is something fundamentally wrong when the Cardinals are starting LJ Collier out there and the Broncos made it seem like a struggle to move the football and score points against one of the most pedestrian defensive line front in all of football. Of course credit to Gannon's coaching staff for having these guys play up to their ceiling even if they are on paper not recognized as being good. Cardinals defense whether first string or second string looked very competent and polished out there against the Broncos 1s.

P.S. Broncos defense will be fantastic again but the Broncos offense being very pedestrian again will make it harder for them to win games if they can only muster 13 points in the first half and then lay goose eggs in the third quarter. That was the big flaw last season for the Broncos and priority #1 for Payton to fix.