@DangeRuss ordered to play in first preseason game.

PackersNation

Reaction score
Major disrespect for a future HOF QB, league tradition for elite QBs to sit out most of preseason games, and play just a few snaps.
I don't think it's "disrespect" to play your starting QB a few snaps in the first preseason game. Russ obviously won't play a ton in the preseason.

Just because wrapping QBs in bubble wrap until week one has become the norm, doesn't mean it is good coaching.

I also do believe that fans deserve to see the starters for at least a series or two in preseason games, like we ALWAYS did not too long ago.

I realize this is about Seattle fans hating on Russ more than anything else, but for fans to be saying that a head coach with a NEW team is showing "disrespect" by playing his starters a bit in the first preseason game is almost beyond the pale.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
I don't think Russ is upset at all about playing a bit in the first preseason game. You will have to find something else to derive malicious joy from.
I don't care whether he plays or not. The thing I get a kick out of is knowing that Wilson left Seattle to go to a city that wants to win, and in the course of a year the entire narrative of Pete holding Russ back got turned on its head. He linked up with a rookie head coach who he was going to be "partners" with, and got exactly the offense he not only wanted, but helped design. Faceplant. Now the rookie head coach is fired, and Wilson has the coach he supposedly wanted all along, but now has lost all decision-making privileges. And he's deucing it up in practice.

Meanwhile, things are looking good in Pete-land, with the retread Geno at the helm. Life is good.

It's not exactly malicious pleasure, it's more like enjoying karma being visited on someone deserving of it.

(edit) For what it's worth, that article read like poorly written clickbait. I put no stock in it.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
I don't think it's "disrespect" to play your starting QB a few snaps in the first preseason game. Russ obviously won't play a ton in the preseason.

Just because wrapping QBs in bubble wrap until week one has become the norm, doesn't mean it is good coaching.

I also do believe that fans deserve to see the starters for at least a series or two in preseason games, like we ALWAYS did not too long ago.

I realize this is about Seattle fans hating on Russ more than anything else, but for fans to be saying that a head coach with a NEW team is showing "disrespect" by playing his starters a bit in the first preseason game is almost beyond the pale.

Yeah, you're right. Not only are the people on this site too small-minded to grasp the greatness of the opportunity we have for you to share your "vast" football knowledge with us (as you've seen in the thread about Kenny McIntosh), we do things that are "beyond the pale." It's pretty clear you shouldn't be wasting any more of your valuable time here.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
I don't think Russ is upset at all about playing a bit in the first preseason game. You will have to find something else to derive malicious joy from.

Name another vet qb expected to start the first preseason game. Its not like Kyler Murray is showing up. Instead, the cards will put out Colt McCoy along with Etling and Alex McCough As Russ’ competition.

Last edited:

bileever

Reaction score
Also, the OP was citing an article by a Denver Broncos reporter who is expressing surprise over the situation.

94Smith

Reaction score
Also Andy Reid traditionally has played Mahomes in preseason