With our great run game..

Smellyman

Reaction score
russell. is off, but it is mostly because the pass pro stinks and the WR's stink.

watching all these other teams WR's make plays for their qb makes me sad.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":2m1juhco said:
SomersetHawk":2m1juhco said:
Wilson's not playing well, he seems to be pretty scared in there. Someone mentioned happy feet, and despite not believing it last week, it kind of looked like that today. Our pass pro is really poor. I'm not going to accept the argument that it's on Wilson because he scrambles too early, we really struggle to give him long enough to let a play develop/our receivers get into their routes.

There were a couple of promising signs today where our O-line gave Russ some time, and I have no doubt these improvements were a result of Unger and Okung being back, but we need to do it a little more consistently, plus you'd expect it to improve given our success running the ball. Britt continued his struggles from last week, getting Miller back's going to be a pretty big deal.
Today Wilson had time, I'm not going to accept people blaming it on pass pro today. When he holds the ball for over 4 seconds, that is on him. He's playing off.

Fair enough, I understand you've got an agenda.

seahawk Dan

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":1xin4bpy said:
SomersetHawk":1xin4bpy said:
Wilson's not playing well, he seems to be pretty scared in there. Someone mentioned happy feet, and despite not believing it last week, it kind of looked like that today. Our pass pro is really poor. I'm not going to accept the argument that it's on Wilson because he scrambles too early, we really struggle to give him long enough to let a play develop/our receivers get into their routes.

There were a couple of promising signs today where our O-line gave Russ some time, and I have no doubt these improvements were a result of Unger and Okung being back, but we need to do it a little more consistently, plus you'd expect it to improve given our success running the ball. Britt continued his struggles from last week, getting Miller back's going to be a pretty big deal.
Today Wilson had time, I'm not going to accept people blaming it on pass pro today. When he holds the ball for over 4 seconds, that is on him. He's playing off.

I agree, all this talk Wilson is not worth the big Contract , today should have proved that , yes the passing game need big improvement , but when you have a guy like Lynch, and Wilson on the filed together anything can happen like it did today / LYNCH IS THE BEAST 4 TDS WOW. :thirishdrinkers:

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":mjwty297 said:
DavidSeven":mjwty297 said:
Whatever works. He played the point guard role well. That's valuable.
How often will this style work? Against the better teams in the NFL we're going to need to get more production through the air. We were playing one of the worst secondary's in the NFL, yet we couldn't get any semblance of a passing game going, despite Lynch going off.

Wilson is not playing good football right now.

So wait til next week.

OP
OP
hawkfannj

hawkfannj

Reaction score
My take is Wilson is holding on to the ball too long even when a WR is open . Looks a little gun shy out there!

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Scottemojo":20md3hga said:
Spin Doctor":20md3hga said:
DavidSeven":20md3hga said:
How often will this style work? Against the better teams in the NFL we're going to need to get more production through the air. We were playing one of the worst secondary's in the NFL, yet we couldn't get any semblance of a passing game going, despite Lynch going off.

So wait til next week.
People have been saying that since the Rams game. How has that worked out? He's playing this way against the absolute worse teams the NFL has to offer.

Smellyman

Reaction score
hawkfannj":2v6xi09c said:
My take is Wilson is holding on to the ball too long even when a WR is open . Looks a little gun shy out there!

my take is also when he holds to ball too long our pedestrian receivers STILL can't get open.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Scottemojo":36rmz9u3 said:
Wilson is still pressing.

No bigs, he has a week to get right.
Yeah I believe he's pressing too. Needs to look at what his RBs are giving this team and just relax. His decision making has always been his greatest strength and "pressing" has changed that.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":2d1tf6g8 said:
Scottemojo":2d1tf6g8 said:
Spin Doctor":2d1tf6g8 said:
DavidSeven":2d1tf6g8 said:

So wait til next week.
People have been saying that since the Rams game. How has that worked out? He's playing this way against the absolute worse teams the NFL has to offer.
You're right. He sucks. Cut him.
Satisfied?

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Satisfied?
I don't want to cut him, but I don't think this kind of play merits 20 million dollars a year.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Personnel is an issue; Russell pressing on throws is also an issue; his rushing and misdirection is also a huge reason we won.

Shrug. This is Seattle football.

DrDix

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":2blh61lk said:
SomersetHawk":2blh61lk said:

Good thing, it DOESN'T matter that you, random nerd on a forum doesn't accept it. Wilson was off, as he has been for the last 3 weeks, but that is the result of NO protection, receivers who cannot get open 90% of the time.

Stop trying to act as if everything wrong in the passing game is on the QB, learn the game kid.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":3u0emjvc said:
Scottemojo":3u0emjvc said:
Spin Doctor":3u0emjvc said:
DavidSeven":3u0emjvc said:

So wait til next week.

He made plays with his feet.

You kinda make winning suck.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":v96rvt8k said:
Satisfied?
I don't want to cut him, but I don't think this kind of play merits 20 million dollars a year.

agreed, even after a near unprecedented first 2.5 years in the league, I think we should let him walk. qb's like RW grow on trees.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
DavidSeven":3una1enr said:
Personnel is an issue; Russell pressing on throws is also an issue; his rushing and misdirection is also a huge reason we won.

Shrug. This is Seattle football.
Again, this was against one of the worst defenses in the entire NFL. Against disciplined defenses this type of misdirection does not work on a consistent basis.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":10vjx9ki said:
Satisfied?
Yeah we know dude. But he is gonna get it so maybe it's time to move on and discuss the issues he's having and what he might do to change it. You know things like Scottmojo said "he's pressing" and like I said "his decision making has always been his greatest strength and pressing has changed that". That sort of thing.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I saw Drew Brees press for an entire season. It happens.

I once saw Peyton Manning press for 4 games when his best receiver was Austin Collie.

This shit just happens. Russ will be just fine. When? Can't say.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Did I miss something? I didn't think he was that off today. The long throw to Kearse was terrible but I didn't see him miss all that often after that. The running game was unstoppable so they didn't need to pass much to finish it out. Wilson is fine.

BillHawks

Reaction score
I don't like putting a ton of blame on the receivers, they are getting open, just not for long. A lot of it has to do with the route tree the Hawks run. You can't compare what the Hawks receivers are doing to guys on the Colts because the routes are so different. Sometimes the ball needs to come out quicker and it doesn't for whatever reason. Sometimes the line doesn't protect well enough. Sometimes the receivers don't get open at all. There's a lot more to it than just "the receivers can't get open" or "Wilson holds the ball too long".

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Scottemojo":154s5w7y said:
I saw Drew Brees press for an entire season. It happens.

I once saw Peyton Manning press for 4 games when his best receiver was Austin Collie.

This shit just happens. Russ will be just fine. When? Can't say.
More excuses for subpar play, when will they stop?