PFF's opinion on our offense vs Ravens

toffee

Reaction score
Our offense was ineffective, this is PFF's subjective opinion of our players' performance in that game:

On pass blocking,
  • Charbonnet passed blocked 4 times and earn an excellent grade of 83.3, K9 absolutely sucked graded at 3.6
  • our guards played ok, Lewis had a decent game, even Phil had a workmanlike performance.
  • TEs weren't involved much in pass blocking, not sure why Dissly wasn't involved in pass blocking at all. Parkinson and Fant combined 4 passblocking snaps.
  • RT was the problem Peters sure didn't play like a former all-pro, Forsythe equally bad. Our center and RT looked like the problem in run and pass blocking.
Of all the WRs, Snap counts wise Bobo was involved i 6 passing plays he barely played , but JSN (31) , Lockett (33) and DK (31) were almost equal.

Abe Lucas will be practicing this week, that ought to change the dynamic of our OL.

Pff wk8 offense

Last edited:

Sprfunk

Reaction score
Well, K9 only had one pass blocking play, so not a huge sample size. He obviously didn't do a good job on that play.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
Well, K9 only had one pass blocking play, so not a huge sample size. He obviously didn't do a good job on that play.
Let's make it clear that PFF is grading is a black box operation and purely subjective, I use PFF as one of the data points.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I've been fairly critical of Geno but the line was an even bigger problem against Baltimore. They have to get that figured out moving forward and if they do then a lot of our Geno and Waldron debate probably goes away. I hope.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
For perspective, the league average rating is 65, and the standard deviation is 8. For you non-math people, Jason Peters's 36.4 is in the 0.018 percentile.
Looks to me like Father Time finally caught up with Peters. He actually played pretty well for the Bears, but it’s time for him to get back to fishing (his hobby).

I really miss Lucas!

cymatica

Reaction score
Play calling set the team up for failure. Absolutely no excuse to go WR heavy and sit the TE's in this game. Almost no plays designed to counter the pressure or help Geno and the online. Having him sit in the pocket all game without moving him or the line was stupid

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
Play calling set the team up for failure. Absolutely no excuse to go WR heavy and sit the TE's in this game. Almost no plays designed to counter the pressure or help Geno and the online. Having him sit in the pocket all game without moving him or the line was stupid
This, and just when the line was struggling, why not sent TEs to help out?

SNDavidson

Reaction score
Especially when uncle will is just a small tackle in pass protection/run game, unless unc is hurt there's absolutely no excuse.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
Especially when uncle will is just a small tackle in pass protection/run game, unless unc is hurt there's absolutely no excuse.
According to PFF, Will played 11 snaps, of which 7 were run blocking, 4 were receiving. Zero in pass blocking.

cymatica

Reaction score
Even if Will is hurt, we could have used formations with 2 tight ends. Pete's excuse was laughable, which amounted to claiming the tight ends weren't used because we couldn't run enough plays.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
Concur, we know Pete's PR game plan, I hope he's done something significant behind closed doors.

bileever

Reaction score
We really need Abe Lucas back. Of all the O-linemen that have been injured, his loss has had the most impact on the team.

As I posted on a different thread, we've pretty much had bottom of the league O-line play this year, in both pass protection and run blocking. If we can just be average, our play makers will have a chance to shine.

renofox

Reaction score
It was the guards that whiffed on their stunts the most. They absolutely did not play well.
I haven't reviewed the all-22 yet, but that's what my eyes were telling me during the game.

Raven played A LOT of games on our O-line and our guys looked lost quite often.

JPatera76

Reaction score
Our offense was ineffective, this is PFF's subjective opinion of our players' performance in that game:

On pass blocking,
  • Charbonnet passed blocked 4 times and earn an excellent grade of 83.3, K9 absolutely sucked graded at 3.6
  • our guards played ok, Lewis had a decent game, even Phil had a workmanlike performance.
  • TEs weren't involved much in pass blocking, not sure why Dissly wasn't involved in pass blocking at all. Parkinson and Fant combined 4 passblocking snaps.
  • RT was the problem Peters sure didn't play like a former all-pro, Forsythe equally bad. Our center and RT looked like the problem in run and pass blocking.
Of all the WRs, Snap counts wise Bobo was involved i 6 passing plays he barely played , but JSN (31) , Lockett (33) and DK (31) were almost equal.

Abe Lucas will be practicing this week, that ought to change the dynamic of our OL.

View attachment 61691
Ehh.. I mean K9 even last yr sucked at pass blocking. I remember Geno actually chewing him out on the field for a blown assignment.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
I've been fairly critical of Geno but the line was an even bigger problem against Baltimore. They have to get that figured out moving forward and if they do then a lot of our Geno and Waldron debate probably goes away. I hope.
Not sure how PFF came to that in this miserable game, our Guards played well enough to be league average, and Cross played to somewhat slightly below league average. Our RT was very very bad between Stone and Peter, our center was way below league average too.

The mystery to my untrained mind was the lack of TE help for the RT in the second half, or the TE did help with the analysts in PFF missed them?

Latest posts