With our great run game..

seahawk Dan

Reaction score
hawkfannj":3u48spsl said:
My take is Wilson is holding on to the ball too long even when a WR is open . Looks a little gun shy out there!

I totally understand what you are saying but Wilson is a winner , he is a champion , he might be gun shy once in a while, but if you have a QB that can do what he does you do not let him go for any money, yes he is worth 20 million.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
austinslater25":14hem6mz said:
Did I miss something? I didn't think he was that off today. The long throw to Kearse was terrible but I didn't see him miss all that often after that. The running game was unstoppable so they didn't need to pass much to finish it out. Wilson is fine.
On both of his interceptions he made awful throws, he missed a receiver in the endzone that was open throwing way too low. His accuracy was very bad today, he should've had at least 150 yards throwing, and one touchdown if his accuracy was up to snuff.

Smellyman

Reaction score
even on his two picks i wish a WR could make a play and bail him out sometimes. PRich could've come back on the ball a bit more. the deep balll to Baldwin wasn't a great throw either, but every week I see other receivers go up and make a play for their qb. RW is seemingly on his own.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Smellyman":1mlm8yqr said:
even on his two picks i wish a WR could make a play and bail him out sometimes. PRich could've come back on the ball a bit more. the deep balll to Baldwin wasn't a great throw either, but every week I see other receivers go up and make a play for their qb. RW is seemingly on his own.
More baseless excuses for piss poor play.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
I've got to hand it to Spin Doctor, he's way too relentless to be a troll, but please dude, considering most people don't agree with you, can you, like, give it a rest?

Just accept this is your point of view and be unhappy in it. Nothing we're going to say is going to convince you about Russ, only his performances, likewise us with you.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":3qt5oske said:
Smellyman":3qt5oske said:

nothing is in a vacum. Plenty of blame to go around.

Are you his Ex?

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Scottemojo":1xkjze0s said:
I saw Drew Brees press for an entire season. It happens.

I once saw Peyton Manning press for 4 games when his best receiver was Austin Collie.

This shit just happens. Russ will be just fine. When? Can't say.

Good post. Right now there are numerous factors as to why the passing game is performing below average. Russell Wilson pressing, weather the last two weeks has factored into sloppy play, receivers not threatening to a defense, etc. The Seahawks don't have a WR that strikes a fear to a defense. Defenses don't have to gameplan for any receiver on the team currently. This is where the loss of Percy Harvin hurts...too bad it didn't work out. It makes the way Lynch and Wilson are playing in the run game. Teams know they have to stop the run and they still can't do it. Props to the Seahawk run offense. Hopefully this will open up the passing game in the future. Still a work in progress.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":1oc0n2xj said:
Scottemojo":1oc0n2xj said:
I saw Drew Brees press for an entire season. It happens.

I once saw Peyton Manning press for 4 games when his best receiver was Austin Collie.

This shit just happens. Russ will be just fine. When? Can't say.
More excuses for subpar play, when will they stop?
Subpar passing. His running was excellent. And the throw to Baldwin at the 3 was real nice. The 60 yarder to Kearse was perfect.
Or do you only notice mistakes?

Should we cut Lynch and Turbin for fumbling? Perhaps Sheramn should be replaced, he gave up passes to OBJ?

you should be celebrating a dominant win, with 2nd half excellence and physical dominance. Your agenda reeks.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
SomersetHawk":55w6cahu said:
I've got to hand it to Spin Doctor, he's way too relentless to be a troll, but please dude, considering most people don't agree with you, can you, like, give it a rest?

Just accept this is your point of view and be unhappy in it. Nothing we're going to say is going to convince you about Russ, only his performances, likewise us with you.
Yeah you know Tical posted the same thing that you did about not wanting to pay RW and laid out reasonable points to support his stance. At this point you look like nothing but a hater and have actually hurt your position by doing so.

davidonmi

Reaction score
He wasn't good today, but saying he was "pass poor" is a ridiculous exaggeration.
10 YPA and killed the Giants on the ground, these aren't excuses, they are facts.
The first pick was bad, but the second basically turned out as a punt. The throw was on 3rd and 5

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Smellyman":1om40cn4 said:
Spin Doctor":1om40cn4 said:
Smellyman":1om40cn4 said:

Are you his Ex?
Russell Wilson clearly had his worst game throwing, I think of his entire career. He missed easy throws and open receivers multiple times, he had great pass protection, and a historical performance by the running game. Despite this fact Wilson played like garbage as a passer. His poor play was on *HIM* today. Despite this I see people such as yourself blaming the receivers, blaming the line, etc. Today that was plainly not the case, just accept that he played poorly.

davidonmi

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":2q88s9xg said:
Smellyman":2q88s9xg said:
Spin Doctor":2q88s9xg said:
Smellyman":2q88s9xg said:

Are you his Ex?
Russell Wilson clearly had his worst game throwing, I think of his entire career. He missed easy throws and open receivers multiple times, he had great pass protection, and a historical performance by the running game. Despite this fact Wilson played like garbage as a passer. His poor play was on *HIM* today. Despite this I see people such as yourself blaming the receivers, blaming the line, etc. Today that was plainly not the case, just accept that he played poorly.
10 YPA, not saying he was great, nor good, but you are being ridiculous

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":irf3z8zf said:
Yeah you're right on all accounts. Really.
BTW, Tical posted the same thing that you did about not wanting to pay RW and laid out reasonable points to support his stance. At this point you look like nothing but a hater and have actually hurt your position by doing so.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
davidonmi":xyiv8jhw said:
He wasn't good today, but saying he was "pass poor" is a ridiculous exaggeration.
10 YPA and killed the Giants on the ground, these aren't excuses, they are facts.
The first pick was bad, but the second basically turned out as a punt. The throw was on 3rd and 5
He missed on an easy 60 yard pass, he missed an easy throw that was right in front of him in the end zone, he missed an easy throw to Baldwin that resulted in a pick, and his first throw was a bad decision.

Yeah, we won but it was against an awful team, against an awful defense. This type of play would cost us dearly against the 49ers, the Cardinals, etc.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
Spin Doctor, I respect your opinion and I will just leave it at that, you can't change anyone elses mind. Let the game be what it is. Wilson will get paid and there's nothing you can do about it, it's just the going rate for a franchise QB. The FO will make that decision and us as fans will have to endure whatever comes our way. Win lose or draw we are still winning as a TEAM.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":18l5akxx said:
He missed on an easy 60 yard pass, he missed an easy throw that was right in front of him in the end zone, he missed an easy throw to Baldwin that resulted in a pick, and his first throw was a bad decision.

Yeah, we won but it was against an awful team, against an awful defense. This type of play would cost us dearly against the 49ers, the Cardinals, etc.
You're absolutely correct. I'm really glad we weren't playing one of those teams today. Seriously.

You're also coming off as a hater and that really denigrates your position that Wilson isn't worthy of an extension. Makes it difficult for people to truly consider your points.

davidonmi

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":kusv6qyf said:
davidonmi":kusv6qyf said:

The pass to the endzone he had to set and throw quickly, and was hit as he threw. A pass he should make, but easily?
Not sure which one you're referencing here, please elaborate.
That was not an easy throw, bad throw, but the defender was right on Baldwin.
Obvious agenda Is obvious

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":1rra93iy said:
davidonmi":1rra93iy said:

I see you're agenda. Easy 60 yard throw with a guy bearing down on you? No such thing. Easy throw to Baldwin? It would have taken a perfect throw to get it over that coverage had it been thrown over the correct shoulder, but it wouldn't have been easy.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":3k9bdmtx said:
Spin Doctor":3k9bdmtx said:
Yeah you're right on all accounts. Really.
BTW, Tical posted the same thing that you did about not wanting to pay RW and laid out reasonable points to support his stance. At this point you look like nothing but a hater and have actually hurt your position by doing so.
I'm sorry, but I just cannot stand the do no wrong attitude around here regarding Wilson. He has a poor game, yet you see people praising him.

This was the worst game of his career passing wise IMO. I've never seen him miss so many easy throws, yet people still are blaming it on the receivers, blaming it on the Line when they clearly were not the issue today. I will give him credit for play in the pocket. He stepped up in the pocket, and committed for the most part. He looked much improved in this area.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
davidonmi":1l68rx1f said:
Wilson's in a slump, and he isn't getting much help.
The run game today is really encouraging, on the other hand everyone has run on NY
It's not Wilson, it's the stinking offensive line every time he drops back to pass--all he can do is run.