With our great run game..

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Seanhawk":s4z9kayx said:
Spin Doctor":s4z9kayx said:
davidonmi":s4z9kayx said:
He wasn't good today, but saying he was "pass poor" is a ridiculous exaggeration.
10 YPA and killed the Giants on the ground, these aren't excuses, they are facts.
The first pick was bad, but the second basically turned out as a punt. The throw was on 3rd and 5
He missed on an easy 60 yard pass, he missed an easy throw that was right in front of him in the end zone, he missed an easy throw to Baldwin that resulted in a pick, and his first throw was a bad decision.

Yeah, we won but it was against an awful team, against an awful defense. This type of play would cost us dearly against the 49ers, the Cardinals, etc.

I see you're agenda. Easy 60 yard throw with a guy bearing down on you? No such thing. Easy throw to Baldwin? It would have taken a perfect throw to get it over that coverage had it been thrown over the correct shoulder, but it wouldn't have been easy.
Those are throws that you expect NFL players to make on a constant basis, especially ones that are labeled as "elite" around here. On that throw to Kearse he had time to set his feet and make the throw. That is a throw he normally makes with ease, that is a throw MOST NFL QB's make.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Lords of Scythia":2iti5wam said:
davidonmi":2iti5wam said:
Wilson's in a slump, and he isn't getting much help.
The run game today is really encouraging, on the other hand everyone has run on NY
It's not Wilson, it's the stinking offensive line every time he drops back to pass--all he can do is run.
Please, Wilson had plenty of time today, I don't want to hear that BS.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":2h5kfpgj said:
Lords of Scythia":2h5kfpgj said:
davidonmi":2h5kfpgj said:
Wilson's in a slump, and he isn't getting much help.
The run game today is really encouraging, on the other hand everyone has run on NY
It's not Wilson, it's the stinking offensive line every time he drops back to pass--all he can do is run.
Please, Wilson had plenty of time today, I don't want to hear that BS.

The Doctor is tired of the Spin and BS.

Knock it off you Wilson lovers.

Seafan

Reaction score
RWs worst two games have been in the rain. His confidence seems to be down a bit. His worst throwa today he actually had good protection. Hopefully he snaps out of this soon. That said, why the heck did they throw the ball at all today?

davidonmi

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":2zqyqers said:
Seanhawk":2zqyqers said:
Spin Doctor":2zqyqers said:
davidonmi":2zqyqers said:
He wasn't good today, but saying he was "pass poor" is a ridiculous exaggeration.
10 YPA and killed the Giants on the ground, these aren't excuses, they are facts.
The first pick was bad, but the second basically turned out as a punt. The throw was on 3rd and 5
He missed on an easy 60 yard pass, he missed an easy throw that was right in front of him in the end zone, he missed an easy throw to Baldwin that resulted in a pick, and his first throw was a bad decision.

Yeah, we won but it was against an awful team, against an awful defense. This type of play would cost us dearly against the 49ers, the Cardinals, etc.

I see you're agenda. Easy 60 yard throw with a guy bearing down on you? No such thing. Easy throw to Baldwin? It would have taken a perfect throw to get it over that coverage had it been thrown over the correct shoulder, but it wouldn't have been easy.
Those are throws that you expect NFL players to make on a constant basis, especially ones that are labeled as "elite" around here. On that throw to Kearse he had time to set his feet and make the throw. That is a throw he normally makes with ease, that is a throw MOST NFL QB's make.
Yes those are plays he can make, but easy? Seriously? Most NFL qb's don't escape that pocket and buy time to make that throw.
100 yards on the grounds and 10YPA, not his best game by any stretch of the imagination. Maybe not even a good game, but pass poor? absurd

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Smellyman":xnweqr37 said:
russell. is off, but it is mostly because the pass pro stinks and the WR's stink.

Thank you for writing this in Christopher Walken voice.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":3salxwnu said:
Seanhawk":3salxwnu said:
Spin Doctor":3salxwnu said:
davidonmi":3salxwnu said:

Like the Drew Brees pass to Kenny Stills?

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":1r9l1d9n said:
Spin Doctor":1r9l1d9n said:
hawksfansinceday1":1r9l1d9n said:
Spin Doctor":1r9l1d9n said:
Russell Wilson clearly had his worst game throwing, I think of his entire career. He missed easy throws and open receivers multiple times, he had great pass protection, and a historical performance by the running game. Despite this fact Wilson played like garbage as a passer. His poor play was on *HIM* today. Despite this I see people such as yourself blaming the receivers, blaming the line, etc. Today that was plainly not the case, just accept that he played poorly.
Yeah you're right on all accounts. Really.
BTW, Tical posted the same thing that you did about not wanting to pay RW and laid out reasonable points to support his stance. At this point you look like nothing but a hater and have actually hurt your position by doing so.
I'm sorry, but I just cannot stand the do no wrong attitude around here regarding Wilson. He has a poor game, yet you see people praising him.

This was the worst game of his career passing wise IMO. I've never seen him miss so many easy throws, yet people still are blaming it on the receivers, blaming it on the Line when they clearly were not the issue today. I will give him credit for play in the pocket. He stepped up in the pocket, and committed for the most part. He looked much improved in this area.

He accounted for over 250 yards of offense and 1 TD by himself alone. You're reaching here, sweetheart.

XOXO

Mama Cass
Yet he threw for 82 yards, that is not a formula for success in the NFL, against more disciplined teams he would have cost us.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":6nevef40 said:
peachesenregalia":6nevef40 said:
Spin Doctor":6nevef40 said:
hawksfansinceday1":6nevef40 said:
Yeah you're right on all accounts. Really.
BTW, Tical posted the same thing that you did about not wanting to pay RW and laid out reasonable points to support his stance. At this point you look like nothing but a hater and have actually hurt your position by doing so.
I'm sorry, but I just cannot stand the do no wrong attitude around here regarding Wilson. He has a poor game, yet you see people praising him.

This was the worst game of his career passing wise IMO. I've never seen him miss so many easy throws, yet people still are blaming it on the receivers, blaming it on the Line when they clearly were not the issue today. I will give him credit for play in the pocket. He stepped up in the pocket, and committed for the most part. He looked much improved in this area.

He accounted for over 250 yards of offense and 1 TD by himself alone. You're reaching here, sweetheart.

XOXO

Mama Cass
Yet he threw for 82 yards, that is not a formula for success in the NFL, against more disciplined teams he would have cost us.

Huh?

172 on only 17 attempts.

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
Smellyman":rbyl81pa said:
even on his two picks i wish a WR could make a play and bail him out sometimes. PRich could've come back on the ball a bit more. the deep balll to Baldwin wasn't a great throw either, but every week I see other receivers go up and make a play for their qb. RW is seemingly on his own.

I ride the fence in this argument, normally, but you are off your rocker if you out the blame for those interceptions on anybody else other than RW. The first interception should have been thrown to the outside and Richardson was still there attempting to break up the pass. The second interception was nothing short of atrocious.

Sealake80

Reaction score
Wilson made big mistakes today sure... But dude balled out and we did win. Seriously. :thirishdrinkers:

Smellyman

Reaction score
CurryStopstheRuns":2ima32vd said:
Smellyman":2ima32vd said:
even on his two picks i wish a WR could make a play and bail him out sometimes. PRich could've come back on the ball a bit more. the deep balll to Baldwin wasn't a great throw either, but every week I see other receivers go up and make a play for their qb. RW is seemingly on his own.

I ride the fence in this argument, normally, but you are off your rocker if you out the blame for those interceptions on anybody else other than RW. The first interception should have been thrown to the outside and Richardson was still there attempting to break up the pass. The second interception was nothing short of atrocious.

Yes they were both poor throws, agreed, which I stated. Both are on RW

for once I would like to see our receivers make plays that I see out of receivers around the league. That is all I am saying.....

Like Tate used to. :(

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
He really does look like he's pressing and has happy feet. On his first pick, he had Baldwin WIDE OPEN over the middle of the field and locked onto Richardson instead and made a really bad read.

On the second pick.. just.. really was a bad throw from the get go.

We need him to snap out of this funk because you're not running for 350 on the Chiefs and Cardinals. He's going to have to beat each of those teams with his arm.

imnKOgnito

Reaction score
Hopefully this won't get me labelled as a 'hater', because I love Wilson and am pretty sure he can correct these current issues, but Spin Doctor is right. Wilson was horrible as a passer today, and most of it was due to poor decision making or hesitancy.

I haven't watched the replay or all 22, but my seats have a very good north-south view of the field. Wilson missed wide open receivers when staring right at them simply because he refused to throw the ball. I don't know if he just didn't trust his eyes, or what. On one play he had a wide open receiver crossing, stared him down and waited until the receiver was about to collide with his own teammate and two Giants defenders before throwing the ball. Result: Incomplete, should have been picked, and hung two receivers out to dry at once. A couple of other plays, he had easy dump offs to backs over the middle but chose to run around and try to find a big play instead of taking what was easily there.

Even the long pass that turned into a great play result was pretty bad from a decision making perspective. He had the underneath guy wide open for a 15 yard gain and an easy first down but instead launched a risky, low percentage pass down field to a receiver that was actually pretty well covered when he threw it. Of course, I love the result, but in my opinion it was a poor decision at the time.

The worst one was his first pick. He had a receiver (Baldwin, I think) wide open in the middle of the field, no one within ten yards of him and only the safety to beat. That would have been a HUGE gain, but instead he locked onto Richardson and threw into tight coverage when he had a big opportunity for the taking elsewhere.

Now, Wilson is a great QB, but he has some huge holes and weaknesses in his game right now that you'd simply have to be a major homer not to see. Hopefully he'll break out of it, and I'm all for paying the man and believe we ultimately have to anyways, but if I'm the GM I'm pumping the breaks a little bit to see if he's going to pull up by next year when the rent comes due.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I thought the naked bootleg,option read plays were great and should be used regularly with the play action..Russ wan't too good passing today but we didn't need him to be ..Love the beast and we need to extend him..Russ needs to take something less so we can..As I've said it will do no good to go to trash because Beast goes and Russ takes up a big chunk of the cap..There is no good scenerio I can see if we don't keep Beast other than getting AP or Rice ..I know some of you would just go off on that ...

OP
OP
hawkfannj

hawkfannj

Reaction score
seahawk Dan":2zmztqk8 said:
hawkfannj":2zmztqk8 said:
My take is Wilson is holding on to the ball too long even when a WR is open . Looks a little gun shy out there!

I totally understand what you are saying but Wilson is a winner , he is a champion , he might be gun shy once in a while, but if you have a QB that can do what he does you do not let him go for any money, yes he is worth 20 million.
I agree he is a pure winner and I wouldn't want anyone else but you have to admit his throws are going high an awfull lot and with the type of run game we had today I'm sure there was a few WRs open . the panic run around offense we display way too often is fun to watch but I'm looking for some consistency in at least the short passing game.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
imnKOgnito":27l77bni said:
Hopefully this won't get me labelled as a 'hater', because I love Wilson and am pretty sure he can correct these current issues, but Spin Doctor is right. Wilson was horrible as a passer today, and most of it was due to poor decision making or hesitancy.

I haven't watched the replay or all 22, but my seats have a very good north-south view of the field. Wilson missed wide open receivers when staring right at them simply because he refused to throw the ball. I don't know if he just didn't trust his eyes, or what. On one play he had a wide open receiver crossing, stared him down and waited until the receiver was about to collide with his own teammate and two Giants defenders before throwing the ball. Result: Incomplete, should have been picked, and hung two receivers out to dry at once. A couple of other plays, he had easy dump offs to backs over the middle but chose to run around and try to find a big play instead of taking what was easily there.

Even the long pass that turned into a great play result was pretty bad from a decision making perspective. He had the underneath guy wide open for a 15 yard gain and an easy first down but instead launched a risky, low percentage pass down field to a receiver that was actually pretty well covered when he threw it. Of course, I love the result, but in my opinion it was a poor decision at the time.

The worst one was his first pick. He had a receiver (Baldwin, I think) wide open in the middle of the field, no one within ten yards of him and only the safety to beat. That would have been a HUGE gain, but instead he locked onto Richardson and threw into tight coverage when he had a big opportunity for the taking elsewhere.

Now, Wilson is a great QB, but he has some huge holes and weaknesses in his game right now that you'd simply have to be a major homer not to see. Hopefully he'll break out of it, and I'm all for paying the man and believe we ultimately have to anyways, but if I'm the GM I'm pumping the breaks a little bit to see if he's going to pull up by next year when the rent comes due.
Why would you get labeled a hater? This is reasonable and educated (by end zone view) analysis. Unfortunately, I find it discouraging too. Here's hoping he gets this stuff straightened out and soon.

kearly

Reaction score
So much for the red zone issues today. The only time they didn't get a TD was when Darrell Bevell decided it was smart to pass pass kick on 2nd and goal from the three.