Great Win!!

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Make no mistake. This is a game this team loses 26 out of 30 times in franchise history.

Yep, there were warts. The defense still looks a little too much like the 2022 defense for my liking so far. Carved up the middle in both pass and run. Ugh.

But it’s Week 2 so I am far from hitting the panic button yet. This is a young team and you can see the potential and yes the growing pains that come with being young. Thank God for Wagner. A total General on the battle field.

The most impressive thing of all today in my mind is how extraordinary the offensive line held up without their starting tackles! And at times we lost more linemen. Unreal!

Football fans much smarter than me will no doubt talk about how tight ends played a role in coverage and protections, et al. No matter what they did, it worked brilliantly so hats off to the coaches.

Geno. Can we admit the man is the real deal now? What a performance. Outside of that sack at the end of the 4th, he was amazing. Both Goff and Smith have earned my respect. I wrote them both off a couple years ago.

How about Tre Brown! Take a bow dude! Stay healthy and he will be a FACTOR.

I knew I would see this team show up versus what we saw last week. I just wasn’t sure if they could pull it off and they did. Love being wrong.

Injuries are a valid concern but this team showed fight today. They showed glimpses of what they could be and will be. 11 wins is still in sight. Next week is a win (book it) so 2-1. Where do we go from here?

Rams and Cardinals have decided they are not going to just lay down after all.

The NFC West will be feisty to the finish. While it may ultimately still be a two horse race late December, the Rams and Cardinals will make it more interesting than we may have thought.

Proud of our boys today. Great, great win.

warden

Reaction score
Going on the road against a good team after a bad loss without your starting tackles is some serious adversity. Oh myWe did OK. Improved a lot from last week. Still a lot of work to do but this game will help the players mind set. Yeah great win

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
Make no mistake. This is a game this team loses 26 out of 30 times in franchise history.

Yep, there were warts. The defense still looks a little too much like the 2022 defense for my liking so far. Carved up the middle in both pass and run. Ugh.

But it’s Week 2 so I am far from hitting the panic button yet. This is a young team and you can see the potential and yes the growing pains that come with being young. Thank God for Wagner. A total General on the battle field.

The most impressive thing of all today in my mind is how extraordinary the offensive line held up without their starting tackles! And at times we lost more linemen. Unreal!

Football fans much smarter than me will no doubt talk about how tight ends played a role in coverage and protections, et al. No matter what they did, it worked brilliantly so hats off to the coaches.

Geno. Can we admit the man is the real deal now? What a performance. Outside of that sack at the end of the 4th, he was amazing. Both Goff and Smith have earned my respect. I wrote them both off a couple years ago.

I knew I would see this team show up versus what we saw last week. I just wasn’t sure if they could pull it off and they did. Love being wrong.

Injuries are a valid concern but this team showed fight today. They showed glimpses of what they could be and will be. 11 wins is still in sight. Next week is a win (book it) so 2-1. Where do we go from here?

The NFC West will be feisty to the finish. While it may ultimately still be a two horse race late December, the Rams and Cardinals will make it more interesting than we may have thought.

Those tackles played out of their minds. Zero sacks or hits allowed and no penalties.

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
Thank you for grounding our collective psyche in what we thought our team was about!

A week 1 stinker vs a week 2 whatthehellwasthatbutilltakeitinahotminute.

As long as we can build week to week, who knows what's the limit. As always, I'm in for the ride!

JPatera76

Reaction score
I’d like for um week one to be swapped with one of our pre season wins please lol..

Week one looked like a 4th Preseason game and was played as such.

And the rams let’s be real, outside of Ramsey they’re now healthy and the same team that went to the SB. AZ has been semi surprising as well. But it seems Seattle plays better when the division is also playing as well.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
This is a Pete special. This isn't even close to the first time they've won a game that many, including myself, thought they would come up short in.
That team was laser focused and fired up from the get. Geno made an incredibly boneheaded decision on that 17 yard sack. But.........NAILS when it mattered. That's exactly what I've been waiting for. He was damn good yesterday. That win changes the entire outlook going forward, imo.
Just take a look at the 10am record under Pete, especially the last few years. It's incredible how much they get up for these 10am starts.
Complete opposite of how it was under Holmgren.

Young Team
Fire Pete

JPatera76

Reaction score
This is a Pete special. This isn't even close to the first time they've won a game that many, including myself, thought they would come up short in.
That team was laser focused and fired up from the get. Geno made an incredibly boneheaded decision on that 17 yard sack. But.........NAILS when it mattered. That's exactly what I've been waiting for. He was damn good yesterday. That win changes the entire outlook going forward, imo.
Just take a look at the 10am record under Pete, especially the last few years. It's incredible how much they get up for these 10am starts.
Complete opposite of how it was under Holmgren.

Young Team
Fire Pete

In Genos pod game presser he quickly took responsibility and accountability for it. No, “we this or we that” which overall is just a nice change and breathe of fresh air.

As for 10am games. I remember always being nervous for them lol. And PC teams usually felt like it was stuck a lot playing Carolina in them on the road. This had a similar feeling. Slow start defensively, 2nd half get a little better but not shoot themselves in The foot.

LastRideOut

Reaction score
I actually thought the defense played pretty good overall today. The scoreboard doesn't show it but the defense made several key stops and that's what really counts.

It's not the '12, '13, '14 defense for sure. I don't think we will see that level of defense again for a while. Most teams don't have defenses like that year in year out.

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
I actually thought the defense played pretty good overall today. The scoreboard doesn't show it but the defense made several key stops and that's what really counts.

It's not the '12, '13, '14 defense for sure. I don't think we will see that level of defense again for a while. Most teams don't have defenses like that year in year out.
The rules and the way we enforce them have all changed such that we will never see that suffocating style of defense ever again.

We also had multiple generational, HoF tier talents on that defense. Wagner, Thomas, Chancellor, Sherman were the elite of the elite at their positions from the moment they stepped on the field as rookies.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score

Brown was the shit.

Without him, don't think we win this game. I hope to see more of that from him!

Gritty win on the road against a team that was motivated and pounding their chests!

I'll take it. I'll also take the 2 missed field goals please. Hope that's not a thing now.

We couldn't have asked for much better yesterday. This is just the spark they needed I think.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
I’d like for um week one to be swapped with one of our pre season wins please lol..

Week one looked like a 4th Preseason game and was played as such.

And the rams let’s be real, outside of Ramsey they’re now healthy and the same team that went to the SB. AZ has been semi surprising as well. But it seems Seattle plays better when the division is also playing as well.
Not really. Only one offensive lineman is left from the SB and they were highly effective against us. Both the WRs that torched us for 100 yards each were not on the SB team and one of them wouldn’t even have played much if their best weapon had been healthy.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
It was a great game! The team I expected the team might be this season showed up. If they continue to improve this might just be a good season.

The Lions are a very good team though I believe the Hawks are a better team and deeper on both sides of the ball, but it's close and I expect the Lions to be a playoff team.

My team had moments of ugliness though and some mistakes were made that could have cost the game but in the end they were mentally tough and won despite leaving lots of points on the board and giving up some huge plays that should have been stopped.

Dvl Dug

Reaction score

jammerhawk:
Thanks for recognizing that offensive line play.