GREAT WIN!

LTH

Reaction score
Ok... coming back from a humiliating home loss, the go into a hostile environment and make it happen. This is a testiment to the character of this team!

There should be no questions about Geno Smith... yes we want to see him continue to play well but my goodness that last drive said a lot to me.

Shane Waldron called a great game and the O as a whole showed great improvement from last week. Lockett is just the man!!!

There is still a lot of criticism of the D. But here is the thing... we saw great improvement from last week against a really decent offense and that's exactly what we want to see... 2 sacks three turnovers and some pressures ...

IMO spoon had a good first game, yeah he made some mistakes but thats to be expected. I thought the secondary played better than last week as they are still learning.

Guys it's a process! We want to see improvement every week but keep in mind there are going to be some set backs as well. It's not how they start its how they finish. The season a learning catalyst to peak exactly at the right time. Still some work to do it's obvious where.

I'm impressed the went into Detroit and won that game with back up tackles... that says a lot about the coaching staff they only gave up one sack and kicked butt!

Great game hope you guys enjoyed it as much as I did!

YOUR THOUGHTS ONTHE GAME?

LTH

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
We did not win it in the 4th quarter. I am good with it.

The ups and downs are what we watch game for. I expected a loss as the Lions looked pretty impressive in their opener...I was in Michigan at the time in enemy territory. LOL

Over all a decent game and one to improve on.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Going on the road against a legit NFC contender and getting a win is ALWAYS A GREAT WIN.

GENO DOUBTERS IN SHAMBLES once again. HE IS ONE OF HIM.

Spoon's going to be a legit force.

I don't know where this team is going, they have proven nothing at this time. Haven't proven to be trash, haven't proven to be good. Should be fun.

morgulon1

Reaction score
Most of them were never on. They always hedge with we are not sold on him. It's funny watching them pine for Mahomes though. There is only one.
I've always had a similar thought. At any given time , there's only 1-3 QBs of that caliber that people are screaming for.
John Schneider can't go behind the vmac and shit a Patrick Mahommes.

I never was a Geno basher , although I can't sit here and say " I just knew in my heart #7 is the man!!" Like some on here can say. I do think this win is a huge pivotal moment for his development and confidence. This is what the man needed. Did anyone see the smile on his face at his presser after the game ?

That's what it's all about . Good job dude!

m0ng0

Reaction score
Pete sucks, John sucks , the d sucks, everybody besides Geno sucks and somehow we win a game... LUCKY DAY!!!

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
The other thing I forgot to mention is what this team overcame. 2 bogus calls, the intentional grounding call and the penalty on Parkenson. 2 missed FG. 2 back up tackles that played really well.. missing Morris and Mafe

I'm so stoked there is no quit in this team I LOVE IT!

LTH

Mad Dog

Reaction score
I expect Geno to have a totally Hassellbeck-ian career. Fans will constantly be on the fence through wins and losses. He's going to make some Hass like mistakes, but when he's given time, he's going to pick you apart and play winning football. we got to a SB with Hass. We can do it with Geno.

Hopefully Cross and Lucas will be back by the bye week and healthy for a stretch run. Hopefully the Niners get a bit beat up to even the odds. Hopefully the defense finds its mojo. If so, we'll be god. If not, well then you've gotta just roll with the punches each week.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
And the DK blasters are pretty quiet too. He was clutch, and didn't buy in to Detroit players trying to egg him on. Nicely done, DK. Nicely done.
I want a reporter to ask him if he received any feedback from his Blue Collar Southern parents regarding his bad behavior last week, not to linger on it, I want to know what moms said to him lol

SNDavidson

Reaction score
I expect Geno to have a totally Hassellbeck-ian career. Fans will constantly be on the fence through wins and losses. He's going to make some Hass like mistakes, but when he's given time, he's going to pick you apart and play winning football. we got to a SB with Hass. We can do it with Geno.

Hopefully Cross and Lucas will be back by the bye week and healthy for a stretch run. Hopefully the Niners get a bit beat up to even the odds. Hopefully the defense finds its mojo. If so, we'll be god. If not, well then you've gotta just roll with the punches each week.
He's got more athletic talent and I think more poise than we want the ball and we're going to score Hass, whom I adore.

morgulon1

Reaction score
And the DK blasters are pretty quiet too. He was clutch, and didn't buy in to Detroit players trying to egg him on. Nicely done, DK. Nicely done.
The only time I saw anyone speaking about DK was when he does something incredibly stupid. He has physical tools to be an all pro. It just depends on if he can handle the mental aspect . I was really proud of the way he handled business in Detroit. He was a complete pro yesterday

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Nah, he's been getting blasted for years. Including people claiming he can't do stuff that he clearly can do. I just think it's funny.
I love the guy. Do I want him to grow up? Yep.