Overall feelings about our draft?

BlueTalon

Reaction score
Four really good players were available when our first pick number sixteen came up. The only way we could screw that pick up was by trading down. I am ecstatic that we picked one of those four players
Theoretically, we could have traded back three spots and still have gotten one of your four players. But I can't think of anyone who I'd rather have chosen, so I'm glad we just stayed and picked.

SPOHAWK

Reaction score
Face it we really don't know what the new Offensive & Defensive schemes are going to be, right? We have been so used to Pete's stuff...none of us truly know how these draftees are supposed to fit, where when along with the players we have on the roster already and the 700 moves JS/MM will make between now and training camp, preseason and first game...I assume that MM, Grub and Darde have some answers and will adjust a lot...over all we don't know...its kind of exciting after the last ten years of stale Pete>

zhawk

Reaction score
Not flashy but well thought out and executed. I also agree that these are extended building blocks that elevate and provide an excellent step forward to future championships.

BirdsCommaAngry

Reaction score
Didn't get cute early on and Schneider usually fairs relatively well with some of his later round picks. Still, it's an NFL draft. We could be looking at a HoFer or two or a bunch of dudes who aren't on the team in five years.

OP
OP
Hawknight

Hawknight

Reaction score
Face it we really don't know what the new Offensive & Defensive schemes are going to be, right? We have been so used to Pete's stuff...none of us truly know how these draftees are supposed to fit, where when along with the players we have on the roster already and the 700 moves JS/MM will make between now and training camp, preseason and first game...I assume that MM, Grub and Darde have some answers and will adjust a lot...over all we don't know...its kind of exciting after the last ten years of stale Pete>
Bingo! With these draft picks among the many 1 year deals we signed before the draft, this season is going to be one big lab test for this team. Nothing is set in stone and even the coaches are probably still tinkering away as the puzzle comes together. We have a huge amount of unknowns until this team is finalized come game 1 of the season and see how well this unit gels together and acclimates to the offensive and defensive schemes as Spohawk mentioned. We as fans can judge this draft/FA picks until we are in blue in the face, but nothing will be proven until this team is tested.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Overall it was a good draft. Really can't say much until these guys get on the field and play. That will determine how well this draft was. I was not enamored with them picking 2 CBs. They have plenty of DBs already on the roster.

chris98251

Reaction score
I have read a lot of the profiles and a common trait is a nasty disposition and take no prisoners attitude on these guys top to bottom for every pick with athleticism, if nothing else they will make the current starters work like hell to keep their jobs going forward.