SNUBBED by Baldwin!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":18qn99ea said:
No one has said the obvious. It wasn't Dougie Fresh.

That' s why he shook his head. Or the OP was being an obnoxious moron. I suppose we can't rule that out, either.
Having read all of his posts in this thread, that's my vote.

halfrack

Reaction score
HawkHouse":1329y4gt said:
LMAO! This thread is awesome, love the vitriol being tossed about, good stuff ...

rastahawk":1329y4gt said:
Probably was in the middle of silly a fight with his girlfriend about where to go and eat. Women tend to make a-holes out of nice guys ;)

I was thinking the same thing as Rasta, we have no clue what his day has been like up to that point. He may have been getting hollered at all day and his lady was tired of it, might have just gotten getting chewed out, who knows !!!

Bottom line, he didn't tell you to go *pluck* yourself (Seahawk humor right there, lol) or flip you the bird, etc.

No biggie, IMO ;)

Or, he didn't feel good. If it was him, you just don't know what's going on in his head. It would take a really big guy (REALLY BIG) to acknowledge every single fan who yelled at them. Give the guy the benefit of the doubt.

Greenhell

Reaction score
I knew this wasn't going to end well for the op. It never does. Remember the post about seeing Rice at a store? The guy was shredded for pages.

Rocket

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":waayrbsy said:
Marshawn is Marshawn, ya know? He's a really private dude.

I think someone on this board awhile back approached him as he was pumping gas, and the .netter was behind him in line, asked to get a pic. And Marshawn responded something like, "ah hell no". Any one remember that?

Saying hi is one thing, askin' for a picture at a gas pump is definitely an "ah, hell no" moment... private dude or not.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
kthebestwayw":1ehnkiff said:
Only in a business setting I wouldn't make a big deal about seeing an athelete or celebrity but on the street they are fair game. He should have waved and then be done with it. Kind of a dick move

I wouldn't ever make a big deal about seeing an athlete or celebrity because I'm a grown damn man, but that's just me.

"Fair game?" For what, having to put up with mouthbreathers who desperately need attention from a famous person?

Hell, I saw Brandon Browner buying PS4s with his boys at the Fry's Electronics on release night, but I was somehow able to keep cool, not gawk like an idiot, and mind my own business. Also, Brandon Browner and his boys looked rough, which would of course discourage not keeping cool, but even so.

ClumsyLurk

Reaction score
RussWILSON3":p1a5bm3p said:
hawknation2014":p1a5bm3p said:
Missing_Clink":p1a5bm3p said:
I met Doug at a bar last summer. He was sitting by himself near me and I was like "Doug, is that you?" He said yea, and he was friendly. I just briefly told him I was a big fan and a season ticket holder and that I enjoyed the Fresh Files. He said thanks and we shook hands. It was cool.

Sorry your experience was not so good. Maybe he just didn't want a big crowd of people to know who he was or something.

And therein lies the difference between politely approaching someone at a bar, which is a normal social situation, VS. yelling "What's going on?" through your car window while he's standing on a street corner with his girlfriend.

As fans, we have got to have better manners than that.

Since when does having good manners, mean holding someone in a higher regard? We're all people. I treated him the same as I would anyone else.
You should have known better, like the others here. Tsk Tsk.

;) Thanks for sharing your story any how.

halfrack

Reaction score
In 1984 I was walking with my friend (a 49er fan). Which didn't mean anything back then, to the Kingdome when Chuck Knox walked right in front of us. Dan asked me if I was going to ask him for an autograph. I said no I wasn't cause I didn't want to look and act like an ass. Truly I was starstruck, and having his autograph would have been great. I just couldn't bring myself to bother the poor guy. He was obviously moving in such a way as to get through the crowd as quickly as possible. I let him be.

drdiags

Reaction score
I remember when that A-Hole Tim Ruskell refused to acknowledge my drunken shout out on game day leaving Pyramid Ale House before the game started. What a douche! I was one of the few diehards left at the time trying to defend that lame-oh. Ha ha ... I suck!

sc85sis

Reaction score
I have met Pete briefly on three different occasions. I do not assume he remembers or knows me. I do not assume he ever wants to remember or know me. I would not shout at him from a car and expect him to acknowledge me in return. Actually, I just wouldn't shout at him from a car to begin with.

Neither Doug nor any other celebrity should have to be "on" 24x7x365.

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
I met Richard Kiel (Jaws from the James Bond Moonraker and Happy Gilmore movies) today at my doctors office. Really cool guy, and VERY big. I was not snubbed. Back to the thread.

Rocket

Reaction score
I passed a 2 door Mercedes on a motorcycle when I was a teen, Farrah was in the passenger seat... she smiled and waved.
I backed off and swung around to the left, and the 6 Million Dollar Man flipped me off. Screw him.

Beat that.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Was at a hotel bar watching my neighbors band play. The Delaware Destroyers had played in the Opera House (Spokane) that night.
I saw George at the bar. Sent him one bourbon, one scotch, and one beer. He drank the bourbon and beer, left the scotch sitting on the bar when he left.
100% true story.
I say to heck with celebs that don't do what we want them to do.:)

400WattHPSHawk

Reaction score
sc85sis[i:3qzxpurv said:
":3qzxpurv]I have met Pete briefly on three different occasions.[/i] I do not assume he remembers or knows me. I do not assume he ever wants to remember or know me. I would not shout at him from a car and expect him to acknowledge me in return. Actually, I just wouldn't shout at him from a car to begin with.

Neither Doug nor any other celebrity should have to be "on" 24x7x365.

You meant to say, "Stalked" right? ;)

I don't care one way or the other to be honest in this shallowing debate, but one thing I've noticed in the few posts I've read ( one gets the gist with the first ten posts) Is the term "yelling out the window" or "shouting" as sis puts it. To me that paints the OP into a negative light, after all who wants someone "yelling" at them from a car window?

I get the picture (and I have a relating thread in the Lounge) of the OP stopped at a red light with a 16oz cold one and a Mariner Hat-Beard on sayin' WOOOOOOoooo Dougy Baldwin! WHOOOOOooo waddup man!

I guess the question is what is your definition of "yelling"?

To the OP. Maybe he was just out chillin with Golden Tate's girlfriend?

HansGruber

Reaction score
I don't think it's a big deal that the dude yelled at ADB, but you shouldn't expect a response.

I met Earl Thomas as I was leaving Joey's around Christmas last December. He was walking with another person. I was looking at my phone (actually posting on .Net), looked up and Earl Thomas was walking by.

I've met quite a few famous people and always left them alone, but for some reason, I reacted like a teenaged girl seeing Justin Bieber at the mall. It's actually somewhat embarrassing but funny. I stammered something like, "Holy @#$#! Earl @#$@ Thomas!" and freaked out.

He was awesome. Started laughing, walked up to me, shook my hand, we chatted for a few minutes, and the person he was walking with took our picture. I told him he was the best safety I'd seen since Kenny Easley, better than Ronnie Lott. He said, "Damn man, better than Lott?" Which was funny. Told him I'd see him in New York, and he said for sure. What really struck me was his size, so I even said, "Dude, you're my size! I coulda played pro football!" and he laughed pretty hard at that. Very personable guy. Seemed to be entertained by my reaction, although I was embarrassed for acting like a teen girl.

Earl

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
Rocket":2wde4g4x said:
I passed a 2 door Mercedes on a motorcycle when I was a teen, Farrah was in the passenger seat... she smiled and waved.
I backed off and swung around to the left, and the 6 Million Dollar Man flipped me off. Screw him.

Beat that.

One night I drank champagne off an unconscious Liza while spanking Bette Middler unconscious and kickboxing Rosie Perez. All this after knocking out Mickey Rourke, Mickey Rooney, Peter Fonda, and Gavin MacLeod with a left hook, uppercut, uppercut, and right cross, respectively. Then I got all their autographs tattooed on my ass. We get together once a year to re-enact the whole thing. Except Mickey Rooney. He's dead. Danny DeVito's sitting in this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.