Brutal But Accurate Analysis By Seahawks Draft Blog

PeruHawk

Reaction score
Here is a harsh, but I believe accurate assement of the Seahawks current state. The Seahawks aren’t going anywhere

"
So much is wrong currently but you have to start with the offense.

I can’t recall a unit so poorly managed as this. Going into the season it looked like a major strength. They had exciting skill-players everywhere. They had a veteran quarterback. The offensive line received investment including a top-10 pick at left tackle. Everything was set up.

Instead of being a strength the offense is a disaster.

The route concepts are so painfully basic. They fail to challenge opponents with any serious misdirection or creativity. They spent two second round picks on the running back position and it’s an afterthought in the offense.

D.K. Metcalf is regressing badly. Geno Smith has regressed badly. They don’t know how to involve the tight ends in the passing game. Tyler Lockett isn’t being used enough.

They get almost no push up front with the offensive line and they’re being bullied most weeks.

Third downs? Awful, week after week. Red zone offense? As bad as you’ll ever see.

The whole thing is broken.

How could they come out in this game against a common opponent and not have anything to throw at them? They started the game with a quarterback draw from a QB who’d spent the entire week nursing an injury. If it wasn’t a draw and simply a blown play, what does that say for the organisation of the offense if you botch your first offensive play in a scripted series?
"

Are the players that bad, or could this be one of the biggest coaching failures of all time?

Last edited:

Seak

Reaction score
While Rob has his low viewer channel and live stream, I think hes at least pretty on point with his gripes.

The only thing about that though, is everyone is always "proven right" expecting or predicting the worst cause its easy.

Most teams are gonna fail, a lot are stuck in middle status like hawks.

Im on board though that this team needs a change. I'm even on the lets start lock the rest of the season and see what happens

Pete needs to retire after this year!

GemCity

Reaction score
DK is a meg-star on another team. Well, one with a decent OC.

I firmly believe Waldron is to blame.

From what I understand, Pete doesn’t mingle in the offense much but, there’s a common theme here…regardless of who we have at OC.

Average fan here…all speculation..

Seak

Reaction score
I cant see DK being a mega star on another team myself BUT
I agree on the Waldron front but the offence has looked the same for a long time. Not sure anymore if hes the total problem
Also average fan here too bro haha

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Right now, if things don't change, I can't say any remaining game is a sure win for the Seahawks. Next three are Cowboys, 49ers, and Eagles. Then Pittsburgh is playing better, Titans have Henry and Hopkins plus Jeffery Simmons on the DL, and the Cards are at home. So those three games don't look as promising as they did a few weeks ago.

GemCity

Reaction score
I cant see DK being a mega star on another team myself BUT
I agree on the Waldron front but the offence has looked the same for a long time. Not sure anymore if hes the total problem
Also average fan here too bro haha
Maybe. It’s hard to tell as we seem to only send him on go routes.

Physically, he’s way more talented than how we use him.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Rob gets a ton of crap but over the past 3-4 years he’s been pretty spot on and well ahead of so many of the haters on here. I get his style can be little rough at times but he’s been on it

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
DK is a meg-star on another team. Well, one with a decent OC.

I firmly believe Waldron is to blame.

From what I understand, Pete doesn’t mingle in the offense much but, there’s a common theme here…regardless of who we have at OC.

Average fan here…all speculation..
I don't really think that DK Metcalf would be a mega star on another team. He is a good receiver, for sure but I think he is always going to be below the elite threshold.

One of the most perplexing things about DK Metcalf is his style of play. He doesn't play up to his size level. DK really sucks at high pointing the ball and boxing out defenders. He doesn't have a great feel for the timing and he looks awkward trying to come down with the ball. He plays more like a small receiver.

The guy doesn't really know how to use that big body.

Ozzy

Reaction score
On the right team I think DK probably has a monster year. Doesn’t seem like we utilize him how we should. Trying to force jump balls just because he’s big hasn’t worked yet but we still keep trying it.

I think another team that isn’t afraid to use the middle of the field would have a field day with that and DK

GemCity

Reaction score
On the right team I think DK probably has a monster year. Doesn’t seem like we utilize him how we should. Trying to force jump balls just because he’s big hasn’t worked yet but we still keep trying it.

I think another team that isn’t afraid to use the middle of the field would have a field day with that and DK
Middle of the field? What’s this middle of the field you speak of?

😉. Very true.

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
I don't really think that DK Metcalf would be a mega star on another team. He is a good receiver, for sure but I think he is always going to be below the elite threshold.

One of the most perplexing things about DK Metcalf is his style of play. He doesn't play up to his size level. DK really sucks at high pointing the ball and boxing out defenders. He doesn't have a great feel for the timing and he looks awkward trying to come down with the ball. He plays more like a small receiver.

The guy doesn't really know how to use that big body.
Yeah this is accurate. Too many body catching or body dropping and he doesn’t go up and take the ball at the high point. He gets caught waiting for the ball and it gets contested or knocked away.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Geno hasn’t regressed. It’s just he had a solid half of a season last year, and expectations got out of wack.