SNUBBED by Baldwin!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
RussWILSON3":i57enrae said:
Thank you for a respectful, and rational post.

Attachments

• rs_634x1024-140130203337-634-doug-baldwin.ls.13014_copy.jpg
    rs_634x1024-140130203337-634-doug-baldwin.ls.13014_copy.jpg
    219.4 KB · Views: 1,157

drdiags

Reaction score
Just don't be like the Houston Texans fan who thought she took a picture with Arian Foster. Doug does have a distinctive look with that peanut head, but it was uncanny how close the not-Arian Foster looked in comparison to the actual one.

And as a black guy, I know we all don't look alike in case anyone's mind started to go that route.

halfrack

Reaction score
HawkAroundTheClock":cojwvkn8 said:
Rocket":cojwvkn8 said:
I passed a 2 door Mercedes on a motorcycle when I was a teen, Farrah was in the passenger seat... she smiled and waved.
I backed off and swung around to the left, and the 6 Million Dollar Man flipped me off. Screw him.

Beat that.

One night I drank champagne off an unconscious Liza while spanking Bette Middler unconscious and kickboxing Rosie Perez. All this after knocking out Mickey Rourke, Mickey Rooney, Peter Fonda, and Gavin MacLeod with a left hook, uppercut, uppercut, and right cross, respectively. Then I got all their autographs tattooed on my ass. We get together once a year to re-enact the whole thing. Except Mickey Rooney. He's dead. Danny DeVito's sitting in this year.

You too???!!! Holy crap! You left out the Brazilian wax party at Bill and Melinda's party palace though!

WendellWent

Reaction score
Crazy! I was actually on the corner the OP is talking about! Out of nowhere some dude started yelling at a group of us on the corner. I didn't catch what was said, but a guy turned around and said that he gets mistaken for Doug Baldwin everywhere he goes. He didn't look like him really up close, but I could see it from far away.

Looks like a case of mistaken identity.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
WendellWent":2lhbkq1u said:
Crazy! I was actually on the corner the OP is talking about! Out of nowhere some dude started yelling at a group of us on the corner. I didn't catch what was said, but a guy turned around and said that he gets mistaken for Doug Baldwin everywhere he goes. He didn't look like him really up close, but I could see it from far away.

Looks like a case of mistaken identity.

LMFAO

chris98251

Reaction score
Doug Baldwin, just won s a Super Bowl, just signed a good size contract, out in public in Seattle area, idiots in car yell all the time, idiot in car may have been heard may have been on ignore since we have a lot of idiots in Seattle, I work down town and see them first hand everyday. Your in a car he's outside, he has the road noise, people noise around him, possible stereo systems in cars music, not to mention buses and a whole other variety, he may have been in a conversation as well.

I know when walking around I tune out as much as I can, why couldn't he have.

Rocket

Reaction score
halfrack":7p0d90cg said:
HawkAroundTheClock":7p0d90cg said:
Rocket":7p0d90cg said:
I passed a 2 door Mercedes on a motorcycle when I was a teen, Farrah was in the passenger seat... she smiled and waved.
I backed off and swung around to the left, and the 6 Million Dollar Man flipped me off. Screw him.

Beat that.

One night I drank champagne off an unconscious Liza while spanking Bette Middler unconscious and kickboxing Rosie Perez. All this after knocking out Mickey Rourke, Mickey Rooney, Peter Fonda, and Gavin MacLeod with a left hook, uppercut, uppercut, and right cross, respectively. Then I got all their autographs tattooed on my ass. We get together once a year to re-enact the whole thing. Except Mickey Rooney. He's dead. Danny DeVito's sitting in this year.

You too???!!! Holy crap! You left out the Brazilian wax party at Bill and Melinda's party palace though!

Oh sure, make fun. Fairmont Hot Springs, ask the Radish. Lee Majors and Farrah Fawcett vacationed there regularly back when there was dinosaurs.
Children... sheesh.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Last time I was in Seattle, a dude in the passenger side of a clapped out Dodge D50 rolled up to where I was beside the street, a HUGE cloud of smoke rolled out of his window, and he proceeded to argue with me about how I was a towel.

Now when I say argue, I mean he argued. I, much like Baldwin, said nothing to the crazy sumbish.

None of that story is fabricated, by the way.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I've got a reason I'm not going to share here for why I love Doug Baldwin above & beyond him being an underrated Seahawks WR, and I'm not going to read most of this thread so maybe it has been covered, but assuming you actually correctly identified him I'm guessing something in your demeanor or tone of voice annoyed him; or perhaps he was having a bad day.

Either way, whine less, IMO.

HawkWow

Reaction score
I wouldn't be offended, OP. Doug shouldn't have been either. Some people are naturally uncomfortable with unsolicited attention. Doesn't make him a bad guy, maybe just a bit confused. IE: Unhappy when unrecognized, unhappy when recognized. It's Doug.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
When I was a teenager riding my 10 speed bike down this hill/road and I got accused of fraud by an old drunken hippie stoner redneck of a dude whom I never seen before sitting in his lawnchair in his driveway...... for reals! :|

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
Rocket":dwaolp9h said:
halfrack":dwaolp9h said:
HawkAroundTheClock":dwaolp9h said:
Rocket":dwaolp9h said:

Beat that.

Oh sure, make fun. Fairmont Hot Springs, ask the Radish. Lee Majors and Farrah Fawcett vacationed there regularly back when there was dinosaurs.
Children... sheesh.

hehehe... FWIW, I actually believed your story from the get-go, Rocket. I was just using it as a launch pad to capture my feelings about the train-wreck nature of this interesting, but ridiculous thread. :)

hawkpride

Reaction score
Ok I got one. Back in the 70's I was at Lake Sammish (? spelling) State Park. I was grabbed by undercover police and questioned, because I was at the time driving a VW, and 19 at the time, they thought I looked like Ted Bundy. LOL
It goes to show people make mistakes all the time IDing people, if the pros did it, most likely this also was a mistaken identity .

kobebryant

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":1pkw4ncq said:
kthebestwayw":1pkw4ncq said:
Only in a business setting I wouldn't make a big deal about seeing an athelete or celebrity but on the street they are fair game. He should have waved and then be done with it. Kind of a dick move

I wouldn't ever make a big deal about seeing an athlete or celebrity because I'm a grown damn man, but that's just me.

You're not alone, my dude.

Heck, I haven't worn a jersey since I was a teenager (Iverson) as I think it's lame to wear another man's name; its the equivalent of when my girl wore my letterman jacket in high school.

dunceface

Reaction score
Everybody needs to RELAX! he clearly had his "pedestrian" face on...
10432477_442053119231299_1371866633804903683_n.jpg

hawknation2014

Reaction score
kobebryant":ggz9w5kr said:
Smelly McUgly":ggz9w5kr said:
kthebestwayw":ggz9w5kr said:
Only in a business setting I wouldn't make a big deal about seeing an athelete or celebrity but on the street they are fair game. He should have waved and then be done with it. Kind of a dick move

I wouldn't ever make a big deal about seeing an athlete or celebrity because I'm a grown damn man, but that's just me.

Heck, I haven't worn a jersey since I was a teenager (Iverson) as I think it's lame to wear another man's name; its the equivalent of when my girl wore my letterman jacket in high school.

LOL.

You compare wearing a Seahawks jersey to a girl wearing her boyfriend's letterman's jacket, but your username is Kobe Bryant!?

In summary:

Wearing team's jersey= lame

Using a player's name for your username=cool?

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
hawknation2014":1pqq2x5g said:
kobebryant":1pqq2x5g said:

LOL.

You compare wearing a Seahawks jersey to a girl wearing her boyfriend's letterman's jacket, but your username is Kobe Bryant!?

In summary:

Wearing team's jersey= lame

Using a player's name for your username=cool?

LMAO. The irony is strong with this one.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
kobebryant":22nj7gds said:
Smelly McUgly":22nj7gds said:
kthebestwayw":22nj7gds said:

What a dumb way to look at that

Rocket

Reaction score
HawkAroundTheClock":308h7ja8 said:
hehehe... FWIW, I actually believed your story from the get-go, Rocket. I was just using it as a launch pad to capture my feelings about the train-wreck nature of this interesting, but ridiculous thread. :)
I know, I was just rolling with the punch, er... flow.

Then Allen Iverson told us about his girlfriend getting {censored} by Kobe in a hotel in Colorado and the thread morphed into a sexual thing... winkie envy.

Status
Not open for further replies.