Stealers Looking for a WR...

bigskydoc

Reaction score
The trading deadline is Nov. 5th, or roughly 1/2 through the season. I doubt that we'll be out of the running by then.
I doubt we will be out of the running either, but if, at the half way point, it is obvious that we aren't close to competitive, even if we technically could still make the playoffs, I would consider us to be out of the running at that point.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
...and DK is apparently on the list.
Maybe RW lobbying for a reunion?

Can I assume most fans would not want this at this point?

Stealers Eyeing DK

I don't see this team winning anything real in the next 2 years and by that time DK will not be worth his price tag IMO. I'm for a trade provided it solidifies something that may pay off in 2 years. I don't know what that is...maybe more in the one of the lines? and draft picks. DK is a game changer absolutely, but his drawbacks really hurt the team and may even prevent the cohesiveness needed under the new coach. That is my 2 cents.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
I'll take this opportunity to say I was wrong for wanting DK somewhere else, we need him. But I wish other teams didn't play so dirty as to bait him into a penalty. And I wish he was aware of that before he falls for the trap. I'm sure he knows that's what they're doing, but in the moment, critical thinking can go right out the window sometimes.

Sad part is every time he falls for the trap, it just solidifies to the other teams to keep pressing him and that the strategy works. And at this point in his career, he's proven he is incapable of not falling into the trap. Mind it takes a GOOD & TOUGH (emotionally, mentally and physically) DB to make him fall into that trap, so not every team will be able to do it, but the ones that do have turned DK into a liability in the game. It's one thing to not perform, it's another to become a liability.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Had JS considered trading DK, he would have done so before the draft and would have required 2024 capital for him... certainly not just 2025 capital.

Trading away DK now makes no sense.

For a GM no player is off the trade block, that being said their value vs what another team is willing to trade at any given time all comes into play. If some team wanted to offer some stud pro-bowl player on a rookie contract with a 1st round draft pick for DK you think JS wouldn't make that trade?

Rat

Reaction score
The only person who should want DK traded is Steve Largent, whose plethora of team records are vulnerable, if not essentially broken, as long as #14 is still wearing Seahawks blue.

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
For a GM no player is off the trade block, that being said their value vs what another team is willing to trade at any given time all comes into play. If some team wanted to offer some stud pro-bowl player on a rookie contract with a 1st round draft pick for DK you think JS wouldn't make that trade?
Metcalf is not worth a pro bowl player on a rookie contract and a 1st rd pick it would be either or.

Torc

Reaction score
Sad part is every time he falls for the trap, it just solidifies to the other teams to keep pressing him and that the strategy works. And at this point in his career, he's proven he is incapable of not falling into the trap. Mind it takes a GOOD & TOUGH (emotionally, mentally and physically) DB to make him fall into that trap, so not every team will be able to do it, but the ones that do have turned DK into a liability in the game. It's one thing to not perform, it's another to become a liability.
I'm way more confident in McDonald's ability to instill some discipline in DK than I was with Pete. For all of Pete's good qualities, holding a player accountable was not one of his strengths. Pete just figured DK would learn his lesson, I suspect McDonald is gonna help that learning process along....real quick.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
If some team wanted to offer some stud pro-bowl player on a rookie contract with a 1st round draft pick for DK you think JS wouldn't make that trade?
The odds of that happening are beyond the realm of reason.

Not.happening.anytime.soon.

Latest posts