SNUBBED by Baldwin!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I met him last summer at the Play 60 thing up in Vancouver, BC. Him, Sherm and Red were all super cool.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Bruce Irvin snubbed me at Amber on 1st Ave. He had his hoody over his head and was looking over his shoulders at the ATM. I yelled "Bruuuucceee!" He looked up and took off lol. I thought it was funny as hell

brimsalabim

Reaction score
-The Glove-":39281d3d said:
Bruce Irvin snubbed me at Amber on 1st Ave. He had his hoody over his head and was looking over his shoulders at the ATM. I yelled "Bruuuucceee!" He looked up and took off lol. I thought it was funny as hell

That sounds like it might not have been his card he was attempting to use...

OP
OP
R

RussWILSON3

Reaction score
hawknation2014":xnd7wmhh said:
Missing_Clink":xnd7wmhh said:
I met Doug at a bar last summer. He was sitting by himself near me and I was like "Doug, is that you?" He said yea, and he was friendly. I just briefly told him I was a big fan and a season ticket holder and that I enjoyed the Fresh Files. He said thanks and we shook hands. It was cool.

Sorry your experience was not so good. Maybe he just didn't want a big crowd of people to know who he was or something.

And therein lies the difference between politely approaching someone at a bar, which is a normal social situation, VS. yelling "What's going on?" through your car window while he's standing on a street corner with his girlfriend.

As fans, we have got to have better manners than that.

Since when does having good manners, mean holding someone in a higher regard? We're all people. I treated him the same as I would anyone else.

OP
OP
R

RussWILSON3

Reaction score
volsunghawk":15qycaaf said:
RussWILSON3":15qycaaf said:
volsunghawk":15qycaaf said:
Get over it. He doesn't owe you anything.

Yaaaa... Ok since I clearly stated he owes me something . . Take it down a notch, Doug.

Based on your post, it sounds like that's what you think. Because he didn't respond in the way you expected, he's not "respectful" and is a bit of a "jerk."

For the record, my post was on the lowest notch.

If all someone expects is acknowledgement, how hard is that? Lol you're ignoring the fact that no matter how I feel about what he should or shouldn't have done, we are all people . When someone says good morning to you at work, they expect acknowledgement . Whether it's good morning to you too, or a head nod. Something. It's pretty funny how people with money or with a prestigious position somewhere, for some reason think that they are better than everyone else ..

hawknation2014

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":2eg233oz said:
hawknation2014":2eg233oz said:
No offense, but I think it's kind of rude to bother someone when they're trying to spend time with their girlfriend. It was innocent enough. Just saying, it could get annoying having strangers yelling things at him through their car windows all day long like they know him on a personal level.

What did you want him to say in return to the stranger yelling through his car window? Granted, I know other players might have reacted differently. Russell Wilson would have probably said "Go Hawks!" Still, you can't presume every player will react so graciously to the sudden intrusion by the loud stranger.

They are entertainers....its part of the job. Pay me what ADB makes and I'll waive to anyone yelling my name.

That being said, the head nod would have satisfied me.

Where in his contract does it say he has to acknowledge strangers who yell at him through their vehicles? I don't think most "entertainers" are required to respond on command in that situation. But again, that's just my perspective. I don't think he has any obligation to entertain anonymous yelling motorists. It's frankly a rude way to approach someone you don't know personally.

kidhawk

Reaction score
RussWILSON3":1uhowvk2 said:
volsunghawk":1uhowvk2 said:
RussWILSON3":1uhowvk2 said:
volsunghawk":1uhowvk2 said:

Yaaaa... Ok since I clearly stated he owes me something . . Take it down a notch, Doug.

Based on your post, it sounds like that's what you think. Because he didn't respond in the way you expected, he's not "respectful" and is a bit of a "jerk."

If all someone expects is acknowledgement, how hard is that? Lol you're ignoring the fact that no matter how I feel about what he should or shouldn't have done, we are all people . When someone says good morning to you at work, they expect acknowledgement . Whether it's good morning to you too, or a head nod. Something. It's pretty funny how people with money or with a prestigious position somewhere, that they are better then everyone else .

You admit in your first post that he looked at you and shook his head. Sounds to me like (at least through what you've posted so far) that you feel that the acknowledgement was beneath the level you deserved. Who is it that is on their high horse again? Maybe you have it backwards here.

Also, you have to take into consideration the fact that you may have been the 99th person to shout at him and his girlfriend that day. Sometimes we all deserve a little bit of privacy. It's not like he flipped you off or something. Best advice is to just forget about it. Whining about it won't change anything

volsunghawk

Reaction score
RussWILSON3":3typ1mky said:
volsunghawk":3typ1mky said:
RussWILSON3":3typ1mky said:
volsunghawk":3typ1mky said:

If all someone expects is acknowledgement, how hard is that? Lol you're ignoring the fact that no matter how I feel about what he should or shouldn't have done, we are all people . When someone says good morning to you at work, they expect acknowledgement . Whether it's good morning to you too, or a head nod. Something. It's pretty funny how people with money or with a prestigious position somewhere, for some reason think that they are better then everyone else ..

You're projecting. Now Baldwin thinks he's "better than everyone else" just because he didn't exchange pleasantries with some guy in car yelling at him.

When someone says good morning to me at work, I usually respond because I know the person. I'm going out on a limb and assuming that Baldwin doesn't know you. And just because he's a person with a public career doesn't mean he automatically forfeits his rights to privacy.

OP
OP
R

RussWILSON3

Reaction score
volsunghawk":277ne6f4 said:
RussWILSON3":277ne6f4 said:
volsunghawk":277ne6f4 said:
RussWILSON3":277ne6f4 said:
volsunghawk said:

If all someone expects is acknowledgement, how hard is that? Lol you're ignoring the fact that no matter how I feel about what he should or shouldn't have done, we are all people . When someone says good morning to you at work, they expect acknowledgement . Whether it's good morning to you too, or a head nod. Something. It's pretty funny how people with money or with a prestigious position somewhere, for some reason think that they are better then everyone else ..

You're projecting. Now Baldwin thinks he's "better than everyone else" just because he didn't exchange pleasantries with some guy in car yelling at him.

When someone says good morning to me at work, I usually respond because I know the person. I'm going out on a limb and assuming that Baldwin doesn't know you. And just because he's a person with a public career doesn't mean he automatically forfeits his rights to privacy.
It's not projecting when it was obvious. With how concerned you sound for poor Doug, it sounds like you know him? Lol poor guy.

ManBunts

Reaction score
Frankly I see no wrong here done by either side. RussWilson3 kept it brief enough that I don't think he crossed any lines. And Doug was out with his lady. Maybe he could've said something, but if he did that he'd probably be saying lots of somethings, and probably just wanted a quiet date. The head shake was probably more of "not now" as politely as he could manage without words.

Or maybe we don't know something. Yeah, let's go with this hypothesis: Maybe he DID holler back at the last person, and his girlfriend gave him the "Oh I can leave if you'd rather go hang out with them" look. Maybe he WANTED to say something back and wave, but didn't want to tempt fate. Women have strange powers over men when they're dating them...

OP
OP
R

RussWILSON3

Reaction score
volsunghawk":1ah46ktp said:
RussWILSON3":1ah46ktp said:
volsunghawk":1ah46ktp said:
RussWILSON3":1ah46ktp said:
volsunghawk said:

You are exactly what is wrong with this forum... Lol look at how far you've broken this down.... You must work at Boeing . Way to much time on your hands .

aredub

Reaction score
That's a bummer. I had a pretty good experience with Doug when I met him at a Sounders game. We had a suit at the game and when it was over we were leaving and he was passing by us. I said to my buddy, dude thats Doug Baldwin as he walked by. We turned and yelled "Doug" he turned around and said "hey whats up guys" we were both kind of shocked he said hey. So like a little school girl I just said "have a good season" he laughed and said "thanks guys be safe!"

It was cool. maybe he was just having an off day or something. You never know, either that or he shook his head because it wasn't Doug just a look a like and he's tired of people comparing the two lol. I don't know but I wouldn't take it too personal.

rastahawk

Reaction score
Probably was in the middle of silly a fight with his girlfriend about where to go and eat. Women tend to make a-holes out of nice guys ;)

hawknation2014

Reaction score
RussWILSON3":219ef76o said:

You still think yelling through your vehicle is a polite way to approach someone you don't know? If I didn't know you, I would have ignored you too.

There is something fans need to consider: even though you think you know him, he doesn't know you. He may not want to have his day interrupted, while he is spending time with his girlfriend, by every anonymous stranger who happens to be driving by. You put him on blast while he was out with his girlfriend. That was inconsiderate. And you did it while you were sitting in your vehicle, which allows for no personal interaction with him. That was rude.

And then you take it a step further and complain about this on the internet. Once again, putting him on blast (inconsiderate). And once again, you're doing so anonymously; this time while you call him a jerk for having the audacity to ignore the anonymous, yelling motorist (rude).

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
No one has said the obvious. It wasn't Dougie Fresh.

That' s why he shook his head. Or the OP was being an obnoxious moron. I suppose we can't rule that out, either.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
This is like the construction worker complaining about the hot chick who ignored him while he yelled at her from across the street.

Status
Not open for further replies.