The Double

Aircrew

Reaction score
Just found this on the tube. The image of Junior charging into 3rd, on his way to home, is an image that will be imprinted in my mind for as long as I live. Largent leveling Mike Harden, Sherman's tip in the NFCCG, Beast Mode stiff-arm-sandwiching the Saints on his way to the endzone and Junior scoring the winning run in the 95 ALDS will forever bring a tear to my eye.

Threedee

Reaction score
Since the 2001 team didn't make the WS, the 1995 team set the current milestone of making the first ALCS. As such, The Double remains the most significant play in team history.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Hugging people you don't know, rolling around at your seat etc. So fun. And my god it was loud in the Kingdome. I wouldn't really consider Griffey a speedster, but that's the fastest he ever ran, imo. He was cookin' around the bases.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I jumped off the couch and probably did my highest vertical jump ever,
even my ex who knew nothing about baseball and wasn't from Seattle
joined in on the chaos.
Nothing was bigger than beating the Yankees at that time.

Threedee

Reaction score
I have an aunt and uncle who were at the game. I was listening to it on the radio (since we didn't have TV in the house), but, I don't think anyone else in my family was aware that anything was going on.

NoGain

Reaction score
It was just a great series. Big time drama. Edgar. I remember Mariano Rivera being asked who his toughest out was. Edgar. Without hesitation. And Griffey road runnering the bases like a machine. Watched it live on TV. It was beautiful.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score

Enjoy. Knowing that we had tickets for Game 5 and would be able to go IF they pulled this game out. OMG, what a night. I remember knocking over the couch after the Grand Slam.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Without the 95 season Mariners most likely relocate. Literal franchise saving playoff run.
That's a fact. A vote by the City of Seattle to build a new stadium had failed and all signs pointed to a move to Tampa Bay the following season. But after that playoff run, there was such a surge in popularity that the state legislature stepped in and passed a stadium funding bill and the team stayed.

I saw it on TV. What I remember about that game was Randy Johnson coming into the game in relief while they were playing Welcome to the Jungle by Guns and Roses. It was electric, and I was 200 miles away in my living room.

Latest posts