SNUBBED by Baldwin!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lukerguy

Reaction score
To the original poster. I tend to agree with you. With that being said, you need to learn something that I learned long ago on this forum. People on here are the most hardcore of fans, to the point where they exalt the players above nearly anything in their lives.... To the point where they idolize them.

They have never met you before, and they LOVE everything about Doug Baldwin (until he fails to produce), so of course they would never side with someone they've never met and don't care about. They will defend the players, whether they're in the wrong or not.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
lukerguy":2c2mq2qs said:
To the original poster. I tend to agree with you. With that being said, you need to learn something that I learned long ago on this forum. People on here are the most hardcore of fans, to the point where they exalt the players above nearly anything in their lives.... To the point where they idolize them.

They have never met you before, and they LOVE everything about Doug Baldwin (until he fails to produce), so of course they would never side with someone they've never met and don't care about. They will defend the players, whether they're in the wrong or not.

What a load of dismissive bullshit. It's not idolatry to argue for a person's right to privacy. I'd have said the same thing if the OP was complaining about yelling out at Colin Kaepernick and not getting the response he wanted.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
That crap would be annoying as hell if I were a football player. What confuses me is all the people over the age of about sixteen that are so desperate for attention, they complain when an athlete doesn't respond to their awkward team-bonding attempts in public.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
volsunghawk":335a3z0i said:
lukerguy":335a3z0i said:

What a load of dismissive bullshit. It's not idolatry to argue for a person's right to privacy. I'd have said the same thing if the OP was complaining about yelling out at Colin Kaepernick and not getting the response he wanted.

Likewise. I've seen celebs out and about in public before. I leave them alone. As far as I've gone is to manage eye contact and nod at them, then immediately moving on. I put myself in their shoes and wouldn't want to be bothered constantly either.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
My guess is that it either wasn't Doug or he didn't want to draw attention to himself as he was walking on a public street with his girlfriend. Maybe he shook his head as a sign for you to stop hollering his name outside a car so that he wouldn't later be mobbed on the street while walking with his girl. None of us were there, so we can't really examine the context of it.

I think hollering his name was an innocent enough move on your part. However, I think there are dozens of reasons that could justify his response. At the end of the day, he's just a guy, and he didn't spit on you or curse you, so I don't see much reason to be upset. A simple "oh well" suffices.

kobebryant

Reaction score
Celebs should have all the time in the world for kids.

Grown- ass male groupies can take a walk.

DynoHawk

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":3uivocn9 said:
No one has said the obvious. It wasn't Dougie Fresh.

That' s why he shook his head..

This is what i was thinking. the guy gets tired of being mistaken for ADB and just shook his head. Makes sense. :th2thumbs:

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
LOL @ getting bummed out because someone didn't wave to a stranger yelling at them from a car. He was trying to get in some personal time with his lady, not get everyone's attention so he can be harassed by fans all day. I would have told you to "piss" off.

Crying baby

OP
OP
R

RussWILSON3

Reaction score
aredub":2hbzq530 said:
That's a bummer. I had a pretty good experience with Doug when I met him at a Sounders game. We had a suit at the game and when it was over we were leaving and he was passing by us. I said to my buddy, dude thats Doug Baldwin as he walked by. We turned and yelled "Doug" he turned around and said "hey whats up guys" we were both kind of shocked he said hey. So like a little school girl I just said "have a good season" he laughed and said "thanks guys be safe!"

It was cool. maybe he was just having an off day or something. You never know, either that or he shook his head because it wasn't Doug just a look a like and he's tired of people comparing the two lol. I don't know but I wouldn't take it too personal.
That's a great story thanks for sharing !

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Hawknballs":31vzjd2q said:
I think the only one i couldnt resist is Lynch.

I don't think i could stop myself from getting out my phone camera and enacting my own version of "messin with marshawn".

I'd probably get punched.

I met ADB as a signing, he was nice, but also very muted if that makes any sense.

Most players I've met were cool in person. the only person that sadly came off as kind of a jerk was Beast (which is sad cus he's one of my favs).

I met Beast outside of Lucky Strike (for a Seahawks bowling event) I was on my way out, by myself, he was with his boys. I asked if I could maybe get a photo with him since well..no one was around. His answer was a "nah man". So I said thank you anyway and continued on my way. Was a little surprised. Normally when you get a no from a celebrity, it's for reasons of not wanting to be rushed by a crowd of people wanting the exact same thing (I met Ving Rhames in the LV airport and that's what he told me while trying to be incognito at the slots, which I respected and moved on). But given I was completely by myself and there was NO ONE out there (I left the event way early) but just us and his boys. I was really surprised, thrown off and disappointed by his answer. At least when I met Russell Wilson (and he seemed to be in a hurry) in a similar situation he was much cooler stopping to take pictures and sign stuff for fans.

Anyway, that was my experience with Beast. I still love his play. I know he's Bout that Action, but still sucked.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
ZagHawk":n49macqu said:
Hawknballs":n49macqu said:
I think the only one i couldnt resist is Lynch.

I don't think i could stop myself from getting out my phone camera and enacting my own version of "messin with marshawn".

I'd probably get punched.

I met ADB as a signing, he was nice, but also very muted if that makes any sense.

Most players I've met were cool in person. the only person that sadly came off as kind of a jerk was Beast (which is sad cus he's one of my favs).

I met Beast outside of Lucky Strike (for a Seahawks bowling event) I was on my way out, by myself, he was with his boys. I asked if I could maybe get a photo with him since well..no one was around. His answer was a "nah man". So I said thank you anyway and continued on my way. Was a little surprised. Normally when you get a no from a celebrity, it's for reasons of not wanting to be rushed by a crowd of people wanting the exact same thing (I met Ving Rhames in the LV airport and that's what he told me while trying to be incognito at the slots, which I respected and moved on). But given I was completely by myself and there was NO ONE out there (I left the event way early) but just us and his boys. I was really surprised, thrown off and disappointed by his answer. At least when I met Russell Wilson (and he seemed to be in a hurry) in a similar situation he was much cooler stopping to take pictures and sign stuff for fans.

Anyway, that was my experience with Beast. I still love his play. I know he's Bout that Action, but still sucked.

I've heard that several times about Marshawn, that his actual response is "nah man" or something similar.

Marshawn is Marshawn, ya know? He's a really private dude.

I think someone on this board awhile back approached him as he was pumping gas, and the .netter was behind him in line, asked to get a pic. And Marshawn responded something like, "ah hell no". Any one remember that?

Happy

Reaction score
To me that's the thing that would suck the most by far about being famous; complete strangers approaching me like they know me and getting butthurt if I don't acknowledge them. I know for a fact I would not handle it very well, esp if I was out with a lady or family.

MysterMatt

Reaction score
I'm glad that Doug, as a fellow member of the 1%, is taking his responsibilities seriously.

Seahawker86

Reaction score
Only in a business setting I wouldn't make a big deal about seeing an athelete or celebrity but on the street they are fair game. He should have waved and then be done with it. Kind of a dick move

FormerEvil

Reaction score
I've met Doug - in public - with his girlfriend. He's a nice guy though quiet and unassuming. These guys are just humans too. Maybe he was having a bad day? Maybe he actually DIDN'T hear you? Give him a break.

HawkHouse

Reaction score
LMAO! This thread is awesome, love the vitriol being tossed about, good stuff ...

rastahawk":ehu7quz7 said:
Probably was in the middle of silly a fight with his girlfriend about where to go and eat. Women tend to make a-holes out of nice guys ;)

I was thinking the same thing as Rasta, we have no clue what his day has been like up to that point. He may have been getting hollered at all day and his lady was tired of it, might have just gotten getting chewed out, who knows !!!

Bottom line, he didn't tell you to go *pluck* yourself (Seahawk humor right there, lol) or flip you the bird, etc.

No biggie, IMO ;)

DYLcurry59

Reaction score
I ran into ADB outside of Southcenter Mall by the AT & T store in 2012, the day before the Vikings game. There was no one else around. His playing status for the game was up in the air, so when we crossed paths I just asked him "you're playing tomorrow, right?" He stopped and said "yeah" shook my hand and asked if I was going to the game. Told him I had flown up from the Bay Area just for the game, and he said "cool". Then I just wished him luck and we were both continued on our way. He was really nice, and I figured he appreciated that I didn't ask for a picture or an autograph or anything.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
DYLcurry59":gg3ce9ek said:
I ran into ADB outside of Southcenter Mall by the AT & T store in 2012, the day before the Vikings game. There was no one else around. His playing status for the game was up in the air, so when we crossed paths I just asked him "you're playing tomorrow, right?" He stopped and said "yeah" shook my hand and asked if I was going to the game. Told him I had flown up from the Bay Area just for the game, and he said "cool". Then I just wished him luck and we were both continued on our way. He was really nice, and I figured he appreciated that I didn't ask for a picture or an autograph or anything.

Thank you, this is the polite way to approach someone you have never met before. Kudos to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.