What are your favorite plays by the hawks all time

jeremiah

Reaction score
Some of you will have a much larger database to pull from. Mine begins in like 2004 or so when hasslebeck said we want the ball and we’re gonna score. Everything before that i was too young or too high.

I will start with a less obvious but all time favorite of mine and it involves bad bad Russell and The Great Sydney Rice. Russell was on a roll of knocking off all the greatest quarterbacks in the game and he needed a miracle to beat the GOAT, Tom Brady, we were losing if I remember correctly and Russell unleashed a bomb over the middle. Sydney Rice, at full speed laid out in full extension to snag the ball as he slid into the end zone to take the lead in the waning minutes of the game. This play showed me who Russell was and I’m glad I can look back on it so fondly.
The first NFL carry of Curt Warner #28 Seahawks, it was like waking up the franchise. It was more fun trying to become a great team, than it was winning the Super Bowl. Largent breaking the all time receiving record against the Raiders in the Kingdome.. The Wave was cool, "The Blue Wave is on a Roll" Led by OUR Michael Jackson. Zorn to Largent, fake field goals as Effren Herrera becomes a fan favorite. So much so so so so so many memories.

jeremiah

Reaction score
I would rather see a NFL game when RB's dominate the game, then the game of today with wide open passing, and nerf ball defense.. Beastquake was great, but that is you young guys thing. I was 23 when I saw my first Hawk game, and their first regular season game. When they had the SB victory parade, I paid for my kids and grandkids to go. It was a great thing, but not MY thing. When the Stealers beat the Hawks, that was just about the last time I was "really into it". I enjoyed the renaisance under PC, but the D was IT for me, and the magic of the scrambles. I was just a common fan by then, not a rabid fan anymore.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
The first NFL carry of Curt Warner #28 Seahawks, it was like waking up the franchise. It was more fun trying to become a great team, than it was winning the Super Bowl. Largent breaking the all time receiving record against the Raiders in the Kingdome.. The Wave was cool, "The Blue Wave is on a Roll" Led by OUR Michael Jackson. Zorn to Largent, fake field goals as Effren Herrera becomes a fan favorite. So much so so so so so many memories.
Curt was the best.. I truly believe if he never got injured, he would have been one of the all time greats.

12AngryHawks

Reaction score
Fan since '80
There are PLENTY of plays in that time that are memorable.

But I can never get enough watching Kam Chancellor knocking the snot out of Vernon Davis.
As legendary as The Tip is, the Vernon Davis hit by Bam Bam Kam was the play that really introduced me to Seahawks football.

WarHawks

Reaction score
For me it was that safety on Manning at the beginning of sb 48. I knew then we weren't going to lose. Bliss.

Kamcussionator

Reaction score
Two plays from antiquity that I can't find video for:
1) Kenny Easley playing with a separated shoulder destroys a guy coming over the middle. Kenny then bends over at the waist, pops his shoulder back in, and trots back to the huddle.
2) Largent playing in the pro bowl, grabs his hammy while running a route. He and the CB pull up, then Largent takes two quick steps and catches the first down pass. ...and trots back to the huddle.

Honorable mention: every Walter Jones snap except for 9...

Welshers2

Reaction score
In no particular order:

Beastquake
The Tip
Every play in the last 3 minutes and OT of 2015 NFC Championship game
Malcom Smith int TD return in SB
Percy Harvin TD return in SB
In the most recent years, I'd say the Russ to DK last second TD vs. Minnesota in the COVID season.
The immaculate Adams helmet deflection pick and JSN game winning TD.

GemCity

Reaction score
Beastquake and Kam crushing Davis.

My personal favorite isn’t quite as epic but, I was at the game and my son and I were laughing our ass’s off…after the shock.

Dickson’s fake punt out of the end zone in Detroit. I still remember PCs face…and his body language.

If “WTF” was body language, Pete had it that day.