SNUBBED by Baldwin!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
400WattHPSHawk":1024y6g3 said:
sc85sis[i:1024y6g3 said:
":1024y6g3]I have met Pete briefly on three different occasions.[/i] I do not assume he remembers or knows me. I do not assume he ever wants to remember or know me. I would not shout at him from a car and expect him to acknowledge me in return. Actually, I just wouldn't shout at him from a car to begin with.

Neither Doug nor any other celebrity should have to be "on" 24x7x365.

You meant to say, "Stalked" right? ;)

I don't care one way or the other to be honest in this shallowing debate, but one thing I've noticed in the few posts I've read ( one gets the gist with the first ten posts) Is the term "yelling out the window" or "shouting" as sis puts it. To me that paints the OP into a negative light, after all who wants someone "yelling" at them from a car window?

I get the picture (and I have a relating thread in the Lounge) of the OP stopped at a red light with a 16oz cold one and a Mariner Hat-Beard on sayin' WOOOOOOoooo Dougy Baldwin! WHOOOOOooo waddup man!

I guess the question is what is your definition of "yelling"?

To the OP. Maybe he was just out chillin with Golden Tate's girlfriend?

I rolled down the window, and said "what's going on Doug?! Congrats on a great season! Go 'hawks!!" Keep in mind , he is standing about 8-9 feet away, and he definitely heard me...

400WattHPSHawk

Reaction score
hawknation2014":3rgonakt said:
400WattHPSHawk":3rgonakt said:
sc85sis[i:3rgonakt said:
":3rgonakt]I have met Pete briefly on three different occasions.[/i] I do not assume he remembers or knows me. I do not assume he ever wants to remember or know me. I would not shout at him from a car and expect him to acknowledge me in return. Actually, I just wouldn't shout at him from a car to begin with.

You meant to say, "Stalked" right? ;)

I don't care one way or the other to be honest in this shallowing debate, but one thing I've noticed in the few posts I've read ( one gets the gist with the first ten posts) Is the term "yelling out the window" or "shouting" as sis puts it. To me that paints the OP into a negative light, after all who wants someone "yelling" at them from a car window?

I get the picture (and I have a relating thread in the Lounge) of the OP stopped at a red light with a 16oz cold one and a Mariner Hat-Beard on sayin' WOOOOOOoooo Dougy Baldwin! WHOOOOOooo waddup man!

I guess the question is what is your definition of "yelling"?

To the OP. Maybe he was just out chillin with Golden Tate's girlfriend?

I rolled down the window, and said "what's going on Doug?! Congrats on a great season! Go 'hawks!!" Keep in mind , he is standing about 8-9 feet away, and he definitely heard me...

That's what I gathered.

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
I had a great interaction with ADB before the 58-0 drubbing of AZ. He came right up to me during pregame, signed my ticket (which had his face on it) and asked me for my prediction. I said, "38-10, Hawks!"

"I hope so", he said.

After the game he came back to where I was sitting and he said, "well, you either underestimated us or overestimated them." He shook my hand and, "or both!"

It was awesome!

NYCoug

Reaction score
rastahawk":2qafgrsx said:
Probably was in the middle of silly a fight with his girlfriend about where to go and eat. Women tend to make a-holes out of nice guys ;)

If he's letting his girlfriend get to him just days after signing a life-changing contract then 2 things...

1) It's a huge victory for the female reproductive organ. The power is real.

2) He really is always angry. I love it.

To the OP, I'm kind of glad he "snubbed" you. That means the success hasn't gotten to his head and he's still the same, motivated, pissed off dude. I'm sorry you had to be the martyr, but somebody had to do it. Sucks that it had to be you. I met Doug at Training Camp this past August and I had a quick exchange with him. He was very short, matter of fact, and guarded. At first, I too was butthurt at the lack of humanity. Then, I realized, that's just who he is and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. I told him he was going to kill it in the slot with Percy out and he said thanks and walked away. Even if he didn't ball out of his mind this past season, I'd still respect him. He is who he is, and he doesn't try and mask it or anything like that. He's real. Which is more than I can say for most these days, especially athletes.

I'll worry when Doug starts running up to people's cars and giving random strangers high-fives and signing autographs on random Seattle sidewalks.

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
-The Glove-":209lz54b said:
Bruce Irvin snubbed me at Amber on 1st Ave. He had his hoody over his head and was looking over his shoulders at the ATM. I yelled "Bruuuucceee!" He looked up and took off lol. I thought it was funny as hell

I think people need to realize everyone has good and bad days. Social days and day they don't want to talk.
You have no clue how their day was. They can't be on EVERY day no matter what they are paid.
I live close to the VMAC so I do see players. I saw Bruce Irvin in line at the grocery store. Hard to miss standing in line next to a guy that big wearing a WV hoodie. I just told him he did great work his rookie season, and good luck this year (2013).
He said thanks and that was it.

I've heard similar stories of Ken Griffey Jr. Some said he was a total DB, and others said he was nice.

And BTW, when I met Golden Tate at TOP POT DONUTS for a signing HE agreed to (before 2013 season), I asked him if he could sign it "I love maple bars" and he didn't even blink, just said no, with a angry Doug Baldwin look. No laugh, no smile nothing. Total ass about it. He had to know someone was going to razz him about stealing a maple bar, then signing auto's at said establishment.

Davehawk

Reaction score
lukerguy":1fo21yo4 said:
To the original poster. I tend to agree with you. With that being said, you need to learn something that I learned long ago on this forum. People on here are the most hardcore of fans, to the point where they exalt the players above nearly anything in their lives.... To the point where they idolize them.

They have never met you before, and they LOVE everything about Doug Baldwin (until he fails to produce), so of course they would never side with someone they've never met and don't care about. They will defend the players, whether they're in the wrong or not.

I agree 100%. I've encountered this several times here.

themunn

Reaction score
ZorntoLargent":2g7yluvq said:
And BTW, when I met Golden Tate at TOP POT DONUTS for a signing HE agreed to (before 2013 season), I asked him if he could sign it "I love maple bars" and he didn't even blink, just said no, with a angry Doug Baldwin look. No laugh, no smile nothing. Total ass about it. He had to know someone was going to razz him about stealing a maple bar, then signing auto's at said establishment.

It's one thing being razzed about something you're probably deeply embarrassed about by your friends and taking it on the chin and smiling - something completely different to have a stranger do it - even if it's with the best of intentions.

AVL

Reaction score
Good for him.

I loved it last season when he twittered not to bother him for an autograph in the hotel lobby.

OP
OP
R

RussWILSON3

Reaction score
sc85sis":2hjn7eys said:
I have met Pete briefly on three different occasions. I do not assume he remembers or knows me. I do not assume he ever wants to remember or know me. I would not shout at him from a car and expect him to acknowledge me in return. Actually, I just wouldn't shout at him from a car to begin with.

I keep seeing a lot of you saying "yelled", "screamed", "shouted"... Did I ever say I shouted/yelled/screamed in my post...? No, I didn't. I was so close to the guy that there wasn't even enough room to scream... As for the exclamation points... Take that as excitement not screaming. Whatever. LOL This is actually quite hilarious seeing the lengths some of you go to in order to humiliate a poster... Good thing I don't really care about a keyboard warrior.. Just sharing a story.

FormerEvil

Reaction score
After thinking about this a little more, I'm going with the theory that it wasn't even him. What would he be doing standing on the corner in that area? He lives in Bellevue. Even if he was going to the game, he'd have garage parking and wouldn't be shuffling in with the masses - Diamond Club seats and all. It makes perfect sense why he would look at you and shake his head. He was saying, no, I'm not ADB.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Sometimes these players think they're too cool for stuff like that. Just don't take it personal. Easier said than done, when we worship these players the way some of us do.

But given the situation the OP gave us, he probably didn't want a mob of people knowing who he was.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
It is unfortunate that this negative post about a genuinely nice guy and solid citizen that we know as Doug Baldwin needed to be posted. I'm not saying anything negative about the original poster either as the experience he had was reported.

As others have said above these guys are under a microscope 24-7 but should be allowed to have a few private moments free of their responsibilities as athletes, entertainers, and celebrities. Who knows what was happening at that moment when the OP poster hoped he'd get a response from DB, maybe something that was distracting his ability to make a reply. Frankly I can't see any of our guys big timing any genuine fan purposely. I'm sure in another situation DB would be friendly and would acknowledge the driver and would say something nice. He is a genuinely nice, intelligent and well spoken man and I'm glad he got his new deal and will be around for at least 3 more years.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
ZorntoLargent":8hfvtcyl said:
-The Glove-":8hfvtcyl said:
Bruce Irvin snubbed me at Amber on 1st Ave. He had his hoody over his head and was looking over his shoulders at the ATM. I yelled "Bruuuucceee!" He looked up and took off lol. I thought it was funny as hell

I think people need to realize everyone has good and bad days. Social days and day they don't want to talk.
You have no clue how their day was. They can't be on EVERY day no matter what they are paid.
I live close to the VMAC so I do see players. I saw Bruce Irvin in line at the grocery store. Hard to miss standing in line next to a guy that big wearing a WV hoodie. I just told him he did great work his rookie season, and good luck this year (2013).

I've heard similar stories of Ken Griffey Jr. Some said he was a total DB, and others said he was nice.

Just to be clear... I wasn't making a complaint or saying anything negative about Bruce. I understand how things go. I'd be freaked out too if I'm relatively rich and pulling money out the ATM at a club by myself. I didn't expect him to do or say anything. His response was exactly what I expected, that's why it was funny to me

hawknation2014

Reaction score
-The Glove-":erbuy6m0 said:
ZorntoLargent":erbuy6m0 said:
-The Glove-":erbuy6m0 said:

Just to be clear... I wasn't making a complaint or saying anything negative about Bruce. I understand how things go. I'd be freaked out too if I'm relatively rich and pulling money out the ATM at a club by myself. I didn't expect him to do or say anything. His response was exactly what I expected, that's why it was funny to me

And you didn't go on the internet afterward to complain about it and anonymously call him a "jerk."

Kudos to you for that.

OP
OP
R

RussWILSON3

Reaction score
Jerhawk":1b1cimyo said:
Sometimes these players think they're too cool for stuff like that. Just don't take it personal. Easier said than done, when we worship these players the way some of us do.

But given the situation the OP gave us, he probably didn't want a mob of people knowing who he was.

Thank you for a respectful, and rational post.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
ADB is like the Superman of angry...........when he's in public he has to stay in costume and not reveal his true identity.

Status
Not open for further replies.