Pick #45, 2nd Round: WR Paul Richardson, Colorado

OP
OP
Seahawk Sailor

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
The more I see of this guy, the more I like the pick. A lot of crazy speed, some circus catches, one-handed catches, catches with guys draped all over him, some great separation -- all good stuff. If this guy plays to his potential, we have the possibility of having Speed Thing 1 and Speed Thing 2 with he and Harvin lining up across from each other. Having an explosion of fast receivers coming out at you on pass plays is a pretty dangerous thing for defenses.

And for those who want a big body WR, there are still guys like that out there, and we have a bunch more picks coming up. Stay tuned!

hieroglyphics

Reaction score
Colorado has had awful QBs, don't have the stats but they were just average at passing last year statistically with two different QBs and this guy still went for 1300 yards & 10 tds. He'll be amazing in our offense.

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
When plays breakdown and Russ is running around out of the pocket, it will be hard for DBs to stay glued to him because of that speed/agility.

When thinking of it, I kind of like it!

HawkWow

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":2uremd0t said:
HawkWow":2uremd0t said:
The only people happier than the Richardsons with this pick is the other 3 D lines in the NFCW.
The drafts over?! :shock:

Glad you liked the pick. I didn't. You have a problem with that?

joeseahawks

Reaction score
Anyone knows if there are any more concerns about Percy durability? We resigned Sidney Rice. We got Percy, Jerome and Dough and Lockette. Why do we need another receiver when we have other positions of need?
My only explanation is that Percy might not be right ... or maybe they are thinking about ... dumping Percy next year to free money for RW?
This is not an innocent pick. There is a plan behind it.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
HawkWow":2fvrq3ca said:
Hawkfan77":2fvrq3ca said:
HawkWow":2fvrq3ca said:
The only people happier than the Richardsons with this pick is the other 3 D lines in the NFCW.

I just didn't realize that 45 was the only time to upgrade our OL

DavidSeven

Reaction score
joeseahawks":1th7uhpi said:
Anyone knows if there are any more concerns about Percy durability? We resigned Sidney Rice. We got Percy, Jerome and Dough and Lockette. Why do we need another receiver when we have other positions of need?
My only explanation is that Percy might not be right ... or maybe they are thinking about ... dumping Percy next year to free money for RW?
This is not an innocent pick. There is a plan behind it.

...90% of this board thought WR was the team's biggest need. There's no conspiracy here. We lost Tate and drafted someone to fill that hole. Relax.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":3i3h38mc said:
The more I see of this guy, the more I like the pick. A lot of crazy speed, some circus catches, one-handed catches, catches with guys draped all over him, some great separation -- all good stuff. If this guy plays to his potential, we have the possibility of having Speed Thing 1 and Speed Thing 2 with he and Harvin lining up across from each other. Having an explosion of fast receivers coming out at you on pass plays is a pretty dangerous thing for defenses.

And for those who want a big body WR, there are still guys like that out there, and we have a bunch more picks coming up. Stay tuned!

Richardson is a great WR. But sitting out a year with injuries and entering the NFL at 170 is a bit spooky for me. But again, Pete and JS live and breathe all of this and I have total confidence in them (despite some recent head scratchers).

Steve2222

Reaction score
This guy looks like a Desean Jackson clone. He was the only threat on a Terrible Colorado team and still balled. I'm very happy with this pick.

He also tore apart that Oregon CB this year who's projected to be a top 10 pick next year as well.

HansGruber

Reaction score
I think the Seahawks should fire Carroll and Schneider and hire the naysayers on this forum to make our draft picks.

They obviously know WAY more about football, and how to build a successful Seahawks team, than Schneider and Carroll.

hieroglyphics

Reaction score
HawkWow":h99khl8n said:
Seahawk Sailor":h99khl8n said:

Richardson is a great WR. But sitting out a year with injuries and entering the NFL at 170 is a bit spooky for me. But again, Pete and JS live and breathe all of this and I have total confidence in them (despite some recent head scratchers).

Colorado Buffaloes board says he's up to 180 and plans to get to 190 by the start of the season.

Steve2222

Reaction score
I wonder who is more excited about this pick? Russ or Percy.

Kamcussion

Reaction score
Before the second round started he said he has bulked up to 180 and going to 190

HansGruber

Reaction score
HawkWow":2tidl57h said:
Hawkfan77":2tidl57h said:
HawkWow":2tidl57h said:

I think what people have a problem with is you over here whining like a 2 year old child who got their candy bar taken away. Dude, we get it. You don't like the pick. You can stop bawling and screaming now, it's rather annoying.

OP
OP
Seahawk Sailor

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Let's keep it civil in these threads, ladies and gentlemen. Watch the tape, step back and take a break if you're getting all wound up about this. Pete and John are professionals. They don't hit it out of the park on every single pick, but they do a bit better than average. Long way to go 'til the season starts.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
HansGruber":14dswao8 said:
I think the Seahawks should fire Carroll and Schneider and hire the naysayers on this forum to make our draft picks.

They obviously know WAY more about football, and how to build a successful Seahawks team, than Schneider and Carroll.

This happens every year. Every year and the complainers never learn.

HansGruber

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":a4l2oucu said:
HansGruber":a4l2oucu said:

This happens every year. Every year and the complainers never learn.

I'll be the first to admit that when they picked Russell Wilson, I looked at my girlfriend and said, "Well, that was a waste of a draft pick." I wanted Nick Foles. Then I thought there was no way Wilson would start over Flynn. I still laugh at myself for that. And I learned my lesson.