DK!!!!!! PICK 64 ROUND 2 DK METCALF WR OLE MISS

sutz

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1zar02oj said:
Accurate. "You didn't pick who I WANTED, so this pick sucks!"
Pretty much sums up quite a few "12s"
Not just 12s. Probly the same all over the league. ;)

I blame fantasy football and the internet. :twisted:

12AngryHawks

Reaction score
massari":3hdbw9zw said:
KiwiHawk":3hdbw9zw said:

1131H__65540.1516007115.500.750.jpg

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
I actually really like this pick, and I think the Seahawks are just about the best team he could have gone to. Is he a risk? Sure, but he went at what? The last pick of the second? I think he was worth the draft capital given the safe approach that we took with our first round pick.

Now, why he is a good fit? What he does well is exactly what the Seahawks strive to do every game. Our offense is predicated on long developing plays. We utilize go routes, posts, etc probably more than any other team in football. Those are the routes that Metcalf runs well. The Seahawks have had success with another limited wide receiver in Moore who ran exactly those routes. DK Metcalf is bigger, faster, stronger, and better at high pointing the ball than Moore is. I think at the very least he's going to be a solid number two receiver for years to come. That combined with Wilson's deep ball could be a very scary combo.

toffee

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":2xdfscg6 said:
I actually really like this pick, and I think the Seahawks are just about the best team he could have gone to. Is he a risk? Sure, but he went at what? The last pick of the second? I think he was worth the draft capital given the safe approach that we took with our first round pick.

Now, why he is a good fit? What he does well is exactly what the Seahawks strive to do every game. Our offense is predicated on long developing plays. We utilize go routes, posts, etc probably more than any other team in football. Those are the routes that Metcalf runs well. The Seahawks have had success with another limited wide receiver in Moore who ran exactly those routes. DK Metcalf is bigger, faster, stronger, and better at high pointing the ball than Moore is. I think at the very least he's going to be a solid number two receiver for years to come. That combined with Wilson's deep ball could be a very scary combo.

Couldn't agree more! DK also sounded hungry and wanting to succeed in the league.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":375rbpd6 said:
People can claim whatever they want. Just typical jealousy of someone who works hard at something.

According to this logic no athlete has ever been found guilt of using steroids.. it's always just jealously.. oh wait

rjdriver

Reaction score
I’m just excited to have a big, tall, strong, athletic wideout that can go up and make plays. He seems perfect for this offense when Russell scrambles and goes into playground mode. We haven’t had anyone like this since BMW at the WR position. Marshall was well past his prime and Jimmy Grahams opportunities were curtailed by both injury and the need to sacrifice his strengths for Cable and Bevell’s ineptitude. His upside is showing us a dimension to Russell’s game we have yet to even experience. Well worth the cost of a bad cone drill or whatever the heck that was in the combine.

toffee

Reaction score
Just for kicks, would luv to see DK play some slot in preseason. Dude sure could out jump almost all LBs. Second thought, may be not, wouldn’t want him to get hurt foolin’ around slotting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ivotuk

Reaction score
I think he will have a similar career to Calvin Johnson. Neither was asked to do a whole lot in College, both are HUGE and Super Fast, but DK actually has some advantages.

Better QB, more experience in the passing game, Genetics, better coaching, and a game plan that isn't focused on him.

IIRC, Calvin Johnson had about 42 receptions his first year. Due to our focus on the running game, I expect DK to get fewer targets, so about 35 receptions his rookie year. Anything else would be gravy.

Latest posts