Pick #124 R4 Phil Haynes G

two dog

Reaction score
olyfan63":27hul0yk said:
two dog":27hul0yk said:
Seems to me that there's a lot to like here.
Four year starter, team captain and reportedly a leader.
Said to have good strength.
Solari likes 'em big and he's 320 lbs.

Remember Edwin Bailey came from a smaller college than Wake
Forest (S. Carolina State) and lasted as a starter for many years.
A very good starter I might add.

Yeah, but SO? Edwin Bailey could play a mean saxophone IIRC.
Probably all this Haynes kid can do is pick up free blitzers and such.

Let's see what and IF this kid can play before we go comparing him to the incomparable Edwin Bailey.

;)

I did not "go comparing" him to Edwin Bailey. I was merely suggesting that good players do not come only from power 5 conferences. I am probably as much an admirer of Edwin Bailey as you are. I did not suggest that Haynes was going
to play worse, as well asl or better than Bailey. There was no mention of prowess, only that both came from smaller
college situations. I would be both surprised and gratified if Haynes played anywhere near the level of Edwin Bailey.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":1zrbzbjr said:
"Phil Haynes" is a Pro Bowl guard name. Just sayin'

Sshhhh! That's my secret formula for picking players/ becoming rich! (Dan Jones, Tom Brady/Bill Gates, Paul Allen)!

olyfan63

Reaction score
two dog":3utadhwj said:
olyfan63":3utadhwj said:
two dog":3utadhwj said:
Seems to me that there's a lot to like here.
Four year starter, team captain and reportedly a leader.
Said to have good strength.
Solari likes 'em big and he's 320 lbs.

Remember Edwin Bailey came from a smaller college than Wake
Forest (S. Carolina State) and lasted as a starter for many years.
A very good starter I might add.

Yeah, but SO? Edwin Bailey could play a mean saxophone IIRC.
Probably all this Haynes kid can do is pick up free blitzers and such.

Let's see what and IF this kid can play before we go comparing him to the incomparable Edwin Bailey.

;)

I did not "go comparing" him to Edwin Bailey. I was merely suggesting that good players do not come only from power 5 conferences. I am probably as much an admirer of Edwin Bailey as you are. I did not suggest that Haynes was going
to play worse, as well asl or better than Bailey. There was no mention of prowess, only that both came from smaller
college situations. I would be both surprised and gratified if Haynes played anywhere near the level of Edwin Bailey.

LOL I wasn't expecting any serious bites, maybe hoping for a chuckle or two.
Now Edwin Bailey can REALLY play. Watch the video below for some of his best work.
That should give a little more context for the question of what, or IF, does this Haynes guy play?
By the way, I think picking up free blitzers is a hella good quality to have in an O-Lineman.
Gotta say, this video has some great highlights from some of the great Seahawks. What a trip down memory lane!
I hope everyone else who remembers the 80's Seahawks teams of Chuck Knox finds some fond memories here like I did.

[youtube]W-9AdWthjfU[/youtube]

CalgaryHawk

Reaction score
This is my favourite pick of the draft. Seems like backup guard is his floor, which would still be solid value for a 4th rounder.

Largent80

Reaction score
I'm super excited for this pick. The guy was a 4 year starter. A true O-Lineman, he is going to be a valuable depth player this year and very well could even be a starter.

Largent80

Reaction score
I would say the Hawks will not do the 5th year on Ifedi. Prove it dude. You had a semi decent year last year.

JPC4Days

Reaction score
Man this draft has a lot of potential ... watching the Wake Forest vs Clemson game now and so far he is not backing down to big Dexter Lawrence... just keep adding young monsters like this and let one of the best coach them up.
Pete said hell be 340.. projecting his development during his press conference and is excited about what is happening at guard.. seems Solari likes himself some road graders inside ... makes since drafting Mike Iupati.

I like touchdowns so whatever works but if I had to chose I like big nasty strong offensive lineman pancaking people...

I hope one day the Seahawks offensive line is one of the best, I know they can improve but damn nationally they act like we still have the worst offensive line ever .. people are lazy with there analysis and stay with narratives from years gone by ... keep grinding and making the roster better 24/7 365.