DK!!!!!! PICK 64 ROUND 2 DK METCALF WR OLE MISS

JPC4Days

Reaction score
Dude Eric Metcalf was electric .. cousin I get it... People hating on this pick at the end of the second round says it all you would think he was a jerk or hated football or was not a hard worker.. then I would get all the negativity.. but as they say haters gonna hate..

It's true the people on this thread making the most sense have said it .. injuries ... that is one thing going forward that your kinda crossing your fingers about. The routes and the agility thing are like getting mad that a drag racing car can't handle like a Porsche ... if we only had a developmental coach and program that fit this kids strengths and who .. puts players in the best position to succeed. ))) do I have to call out my sarcasm on that last sentence?

If only we had a vertical Air Coryell based passing attack.
If only we had a coach that liked to run the ball and take deep shots.
If only we had a QB that was good at throwing the deep ball.
If only the kid was raised by an offensive lineman father who will give him the business .. if he is not run blocking.
If only he was hard working and humble.
If only he had some kind of chip on his shoulder .. something to prove.

Ok sarcasm off or whatever .. but it is the injury thing and be thankful because he is not on our team if it did not happen.

His coach seems to think he can run routes but liked the idea of this monster taking the lid off of defenses and said he was his most durable guy no soft tissue things .. was always available for practice .. had a couple freak injuries...

Did you all here John look at Pete and say "Running" under his breath.. like goofing on him .. when Hugh asked him what they liked about him and what he could bring to the team.

I can't lie the injury thing is a thing .. until it isn't .. but at the end of the second round .. rolling the dice .. on this guy( have you detractors looked into this kid) considering the fit with the offense, personal and the players make up.

We only get Russell Wilson if he is short and we only get this type of potential game breaking talent if he had those two injuries ... are they freak injuries and is he going to work with Wilson's Nano bubbles and figure it out? I have no idea .. but yah .. you take a shot at this type of generational talent when it falls in your lap.

He may be injury prone .. despite what his college coach says ... but maybe he figures it out ... and through hot yoga or nano bubbles or the wizardry at VMAC he....

It is a shot at a game changer ... at the perfect time in the draft ... maybe it doesn't work out maybe it does .. but thank you football Gods for letting me watch and see if it does.

toffee

Reaction score
This one? https://www.pro-football-reference.com/ ... tcTe20.htm

Terrence Metcalf
Terrence Orlando Metcalf
Position: G-T
6-4, 310lb (193cm, 140kg)
Born: January 28, 1978 (Age: 41-093d) in Clarksdale, MS
College: Mississippi (College Stats)
Weighted Career AV (100-95-...): 10 (7632nd overall since 1960)
High School: Clarksdale (MS)
Draft: Chicago Bears in the 3rd round (93rd overall) of the 2002 NFL Draft.
Relatives: Son D.K. Metcalf

toffee

Reaction score
massari":2z3l8rqr said:
KiwiHawk":2z3l8rqr said:
Terrence I believe.
Metcalf suspended four games for violating steroids policy

Chicago Bears offensive linemen Terrence Metcalf was suspended for four games Monday for violating the league's policy on anabolic steroids and related substances http://www.espn.com/nfl/news/story?id=3641653.

B44whybgz6g21

When was the muscle pic taken? If it was his senior years, then gained 30 lbs of muscle in 4 years?

toffee

Reaction score
Enjoy:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/NFLFilms/status/1123648709135179776[/tweet]

TransGenderHawkFan

Reaction score
toffee":ml0xi9r5 said:
massari":ml0xi9r5 said:
KiwiHawk":ml0xi9r5 said:
Terrence I believe.

Chicago Bears offensive linemen Terrence Metcalf was suspended for four games Monday for violating the league's policy on anabolic steroids and related substances http://www.espn.com/nfl/news/story?id=3641653.

B44whybgz6g21

When was the muscle pic taken? If it was his senior years, then gained 30 lbs of muscle in 4 years?

Nope, has to be steroids despite the fact that a person weight training can gain 2 or 2.5 lbs of muscle per month. He could have easily added 20-24lbs of muscle in that first year. Obviously that growth slows as he reaches his genetic potential.

He was listed at 6'5" and 211lbs out of HS. Obviously, those are exaggerated numbers based on his combine measurents. Let's assume he was 200lbs. If he built 20lbs of muscle that first year then it is well within realistic expectations to add 18lbs of muscle over 3 more years.

But, steroids, of course. Screw natural science. Let's attribute hard work to synthetic science.

TransGenderHawkFan

Reaction score
TransGenderHawkFan":owvfyug1 said:
toffee":owvfyug1 said:
massari":owvfyug1 said:
KiwiHawk":owvfyug1 said:
Terrence I believe.

B44whybgz6g21

Nope, has to be steroids despite the fact that a person weight training can gain 2 or 2.5 lbs of muscle per month. He could have easily added 20-24lbs of muscle in that first year. Obviously that growth slows as he reaches his genetic potential.

He was listed at 6'5" and 211lbs out of HS. Obviously, those are exaggerated numbers based on his combine measurents. Let's assume he was 200lbs. If he built 20lbs of muscle that first year then it is well within realistic expectations to add 18lbs of muscle over 3 more years.

But, steroids, of course. Screw natural science. Let's attribute hard work to synthetic science.

With that said, the NFL's testing system is a joke. If you stay off of their radar you get tested once a year. I would wager that most, if not all of the athletes in the NFL use a performance enhancer of some kind. This, for the same reasons that bodybuilders in the untested division use. You reach your genetic potential and then push that limit to maximize performance/potential.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
He's a Hawk so of course it's Steroids. If he played for Santa Clara or some other NFL Darlings, nobody would say a word.

TransGenderHawkFan

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2mmyajp4 said:
He's a Hawk so of course it's Steroids. If he played for Santa Clara or some other NFL Darlings, nobody would say a word.

Not just other fans saying steroids. We have our own in this very thread claiming the same.

toffee

Reaction score
TransGenderHawkFan":14ed2hx8 said:
TransGenderHawkFan":14ed2hx8 said:
toffee":14ed2hx8 said:
massari":14ed2hx8 said:

With that said, the NFL's testing system is a joke. If you stay off of their radar you get tested once a year. I would wager that most, if not all of the athletes in the NFL use a performance enhancer of some kind. This, for the same reasons that bodybuilders in the untested division use. You reach your genetic potential and then push that limit to maximize performance/potential.

I think we are on same page, I felt like gaining 20-30 lbs of muscle over 3-4 years for someone who was 18-21 years old was doable. Not like someone gain 30lbs of muscle over 6 months at age 30, metcalf was young and still growing at that point, and he got the big frame from his dad who was a nfl linemen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D

DomeHawk

chris98251":30r495yx said:
DomeHawk":30r495yx said:
chris98251":30r495yx said:
Metcalf and Ferguson are both something Schotty wanted for our offense to open it up, bigger targets means bigger catch radius also and when you add the speed you are not forcing the defense to make choices, can our guys get to Wilson before he throws or do we double cover under and over ? That will leave someone open and or create a seam for a RB to get into.

Throw in we added speed all over in draft picks as well as our hold overs with Lockett and Moore and guys that seen spot duty and then McKissic and Penny it should be fun to watch.

His problem is he doesn't run good routes and doesn't have great hands.

I absolutely hate WR's who drop balls, they are drive-killers. BUT, he's crazy fast and very athletic. He can be taught route running, hands I am not so sure of.

None of this really matters though as these are still-developing athletes. WE really won't know much until at least a year, or probably two, have passed.

Read where he had very good hands, one scout to another and one work out or game to another maybe.

Routes, Moss was never known for great routes either or multi dimensional, at least this kid says he is willing to block which is one better then Moss.

Again going back to other posts, Pete doesn't expect this guy to run curls and quick comebacks, his strength is speed, size and ability to go after balls and I think that's how we will use him.

I get that from his draft profile and other evaluations I have read.

Weaknesses
Should rely on footwork and body positioning over arm-extension to clear the top of his route
Rushes through pattern ingredients rather than developing their flavors as a route chef
Gears it down a little when turning to locate the deep ball
Fails to sell route fakes to manipulate his opponent
Breaks and stems aren't as sharp as they could be
Had separate season-ending injuries in 2016 (foot) and 2018 (neck)
Suffered focus drops when working back to the ball
Drop rate too high over last two seasons
Needs better positioning of his big frame to block out defenders on comebacks

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/d.k.-metc ... 746f1b94aa

Vaclav44

Reaction score
DomeHawk":878bad18 said:
chris98251":878bad18 said:
DomeHawk":878bad18 said:
chris98251":878bad18 said:
Metcalf and Ferguson are both something Schotty wanted for our offense to open it up, bigger targets means bigger catch radius also and when you add the speed you are not forcing the defense to make choices, can our guys get to Wilson before he throws or do we double cover under and over ? That will leave someone open and or create a seam for a RB to get into.

Throw in we added speed all over in draft picks as well as our hold overs with Lockett and Moore and guys that seen spot duty and then McKissic and Penny it should be fun to watch.

His problem is he doesn't run good routes and doesn't have great hands.

I absolutely hate WR's who drop balls, they are drive-killers. BUT, he's crazy fast and very athletic. He can be taught route running, hands I am not so sure of.

None of this really matters though as these are still-developing athletes. WE really won't know much until at least a year, or probably two, have passed.

Read where he had very good hands, one scout to another and one work out or game to another maybe.

Routes, Moss was never known for great routes either or multi dimensional, at least this kid says he is willing to block which is one better then Moss.

Again going back to other posts, Pete doesn't expect this guy to run curls and quick comebacks, his strength is speed, size and ability to go after balls and I think that's how we will use him.

I get that from his draft profile and other evaluations I have read.

Weaknesses
Should rely on footwork and body positioning over arm-extension to clear the top of his route
Rushes through pattern ingredients rather than developing their flavors as a route chef
Gears it down a little when turning to locate the deep ball
Fails to sell route fakes to manipulate his opponent
Breaks and stems aren't as sharp as they could be
Had separate season-ending injuries in 2016 (foot) and 2018 (neck)
Suffered focus drops when working back to the ball
Drop rate too high over last two seasons
Needs better positioning of his big frame to block out defenders on comebacks

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/d.k.-metc ... 746f1b94aa

Hmmm, sounds to me like a good end-of-round-two pick. He was not an early first rounder, but end of second. He's got top end speed, great vert and I've seen film of him making some highlight-reel difficult catches. Second round pick. Makes sense to me.

He'll take time to get polished, but could well excel as 'one trick' player taking to top off of defenses going deep in year one and then hopefully develop his 'route chef' from there. I'll take it. My only real concern about him is his injury history. Those could be just bad luck, or indicative of future injuries. We'll have to wait and see.

toffee

Reaction score
All the highlight reels and game tapes that are available online were Metcalf before he was pre-coached up by Sullivan?? The Metcalf we are seeing at Hawk's camp were post-coached up by Sullivan.

Hoping our coaching staffs will continue what Sullivan started, our boy seems to be coachable.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Still not sure what the hell y'all are talking about. As a second round pick, he's got Paul friggin Richardson to live up to, whom many did a lot of belly aching about leaving, and DK's ceiling is way, waaay higher. On top of that, this does as much for the QB that was just signed as anybody, as it plays to the deep throw strength. Just seems odd that this pick has some of the opposition that it does.

chris98251

Reaction score
vin.couve12":2bkfx1ps said:
Still not sure what the hell y'all are talking about. As a second round pick, he's got Paul friggin Richardson to live up to, whom many did a lot of belly aching about leaving, and DK's ceiling is way, waaay higher. On top of that, this does as much for the QB that was just signed as anybody, as it plays to the deep throw strength. Just seems odd that this pick has some of the opposition that it does.

Really have you looked at the name of this forum lately.

This place has people bitch when we get a golden spoon a new rope and transportation for free because there were no instructions included.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
chris98251":2nfho2wl said:
vin.couve12":2nfho2wl said:

Really have you looked at the name of this forum lately.

This place has people bitch when we get a golden spoon a new rope and transportation for free because there were no instructions included.
Yeah, I know, but this pick just seems so easy peasy. I guess I didn't have a WR candidate in the fight though...and that's probably what it is. It wasn't their guy.

Latest posts