Pick #124 R4 Phil Haynes G

jmahon316

Reaction score
[youtube]YFObYT3dlFM[/youtube]

Never heard of him, but he seems like a decent pick for a 4th rounder. Knocking out some future OL now for the future. I like it!

Height 6' 4"

Weight 322 lbs

Arms 33 1/2”

Hands 9 1/2”

40 Yard Dash 5.2

Bench Press 33

Vertical Jump 31.0

Broad Jump 108.0

3 Cone Drill 7.76

20 Yd Shuttle 4.95

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/phil-hayn ... 1d03003423

MrThortan

Reaction score
Resisting my inner homer... I think it's a solid wait and see with any offensive lineman the Seahawks draft. At least he's not a Cable guy.

Sonichellboy

Reaction score
MrThortan":daphy8ou said:
Resisting my inner homer... I think it's a solid wait and see with any offensive lineman the Seahawks draft. At least he's not a Cable guy.
Started 4 yrs on OLine at 3 positions. Anti-Cable as they come!

GeekHawk

Reaction score
An o-lineman who's already an o-lineman and not a converted ballet dancer or something?!? WTH, rhymes-with-unable would never have allowed such a thing!

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
McShay listed him as one of the nastier linemen in this draft. I like adding competition considering we have three injury prone guards as it is.

OP
OP
jmahon316

jmahon316

Reaction score
The more I think about this pick, the more I like it honestly. Gives a bit of time to learn without being thrown to the wolves immediately.

sutz

Reaction score
Well, they get OL just about every year. Looks like a solid contributor. I'm not with those who think our O-line is some kind of dumpster fire after last season. IMO this guy will have a season or so to hone his skills and learn. Good place to add depth and build for the future.

Own The West

Reaction score
jmahon316":189rrhym said:
[youtube]YFObYT3dlFM[/youtube]

Never heard of him, but he seems like a decent pick for a 4th rounder. Knocking out some future OL now for the future. I like it!

#74 in this clip. LG. Looks to hold or gain ground on every play. Maybe this ends the carousel at that spot?

Fade

Reaction score
Like Jamarco Jones last year, it is always nice to get a future starter on day 3 of the NFL draft.

Yeah, Jones unfortunately got hurt in the pre-season, but it was very apparent he had what it took to be a starter in the NFL.

Praise be to Solari.

olyfan63

Reaction score
That is a really informative video. While it's hard to say the level of competition, what is clear is that Haynes makes key block after key block, and nearly every play I feel like I can see what his assignment was, and that he executed it very well.

Particularly intriguing is his sense for coming off one block to block a bigger threat to the play, or to make the key block in the running lane where the back needs it, or to come off one neutralized pass rusher to block another one who is about to spring free. So many times you can see the back run up into the lane that Haynes has just created. So clearly the backs have confidence in him doing his job.

He will be awesome if his strength and athleticism translate to the speed of the pro game. Clearly a very, very football-smart player. Also has a great motor, high effort guy, keeps looking for people to block, quickly finding a target, and then making that block.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
I think he'll be starting by Thanksgiving at LG. Really love the pick. Was thinking he'd be our R5 selection. But honestly I'd rather take him in R4 than not get him at R5.

LTH

Reaction score
The guy is a road grader! I like it a lot!! Can't have to many big nasty O lineman... Seahawks run game is going to be brutal... hopefully this guy transitions really well and is at minimum quality depth, or hopefully really good competition for the starting job...

LTH

Largent80

Reaction score
Considering Pocic was a Cable pick and hasn't been able to live up to his draft status, or any other status except SUCKING, this is refreshing.

two dog

Reaction score
Seems to me that there's a lot to like here.
Four year starter, team captain and reportedly a leader.
Said to have good strength.
Solari likes 'em big and he's 320 lbs.

Remember Edwin Bailey came from a smaller college than Wake
Forest (S. Carolina State) and lasted as a starter for many years.
A very good starter I might add.

olyfan63

Reaction score
two dog":38ajdg04 said:
Seems to me that there's a lot to like here.
Four year starter, team captain and reportedly a leader.
Said to have good strength.
Solari likes 'em big and he's 320 lbs.

Remember Edwin Bailey came from a smaller college than Wake
Forest (S. Carolina State) and lasted as a starter for many years.
A very good starter I might add.

Yeah, but SO? Edwin Bailey could play a mean saxophone IIRC.
Probably all this Haynes kid can do is pick up free blitzers and such.

Let's see what and IF this kid can play before we go comparing him to the incomparable Edwin Bailey.

;)