"What if" moments

Crizilla

Reaction score
What are your spiciest what if moments in sports? Things you truly think, with no bias.

In no order:
1. Seahawks play undefeated Pats in Superbowl 42 if they hold onto their 14-0 lead against GB divisional game in 2007. The Giants were NOT going to come here and beat us in the NFC title game.

2. Seahawks play Steelers rematch Superbowl in 2011 if they beat Chicago in divisional round. Packers were NOT going to come here and beat us in the NFC title game.

2. Mariners win back to back world series in 2000 and 2001 if it wasn't for the Yankees dynasty.

3.Mariners make World Series run in 2022 if they don't blow game 1 of the division series against Houston. Winning that game I believe they win the series and then beat the Yankees in the ALCS. Yanks were not that good that year and Ms played them well in the reg season.

4. Sonics three peat 96-98 if it wasn't for Bulls dynasty. Maybe the Jazz win once.

5. And of course Seahawks win 5 Superbowls in a row if it wasn't for blah blah blah

OP
OP
Crizilla

Crizilla

Reaction score
Actually I take back number 5. I think the NFL wouldn't let Seahawks destroy Peyton Manning again in super bowl 50. They win like 3 out of 4 though easily .

Last edited:

12AngryHawks

Reaction score
Pete Carroll doesn't try to ice Matt Bryant in the 2012 divisional playoff game, Bryant misses the kick, Seahawks hang on to win 28-27, and proceed to face the 49ers in the NFCCG, who they had beaten a few weeks earlier 42-13. Seattle's defense once again stiffens SF and helps the Seahawks win the NFC and Russell Wilson becomes the first rookie QB to start a SB. Could Seattle have beaten Baltimore in the SB? We'll never know. 🫤

Lagartixa

Reaction score
D000000d

In the magical 1983 season, the Seahawks beat the oh-so-loathed Raiders twice on their way to making the playoffs for the first time in team history. They rolled through the Broncos in the wildcard-round game, surprised the Dolphins in Miami, and got to the AFC Championship Game against the Raiders. Could it be? The Seahawks in a Super Bowl after their eighth season in the league and their first time in the playoffs?

F**kin' Raiders

James in PA

Reaction score
Easy. 1986 season. If the Seahawks make the playoffs, I have no doubt they go on to win the Super Bowl. The Seahawks won their last five games convincingly that year to finish 10-6, but fell just short of a playoff berth. Hell, they beat both SB participants earlier that year. That was a special team that got their sh!t together just a bit too late.

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
Hand the ball to Marshawn or throw it to the corner and not to Ricardo Lockette. I think they win 3 superbowls if they do that.

A shot at 4 if the kicker isn't iced in 2012 but i'm not sure they beat the 49ers or Baltimore who seem to have our number.

Trading Max Unger and picks for Jimmy Graham shortened the Seahawks window. Same with having Blair Walsh and Janikowski as kickers.

2018- Let Russ cook earlier against the Cowboys in the wild card game and stop trying to force the run. They played the Rams close that year and I think the Saints? were the other top seed. Was a doable path.

2020- Should have been a 1 seed. Pissed about against the giants and cardinals and instead had to play the Rams in the WC round despite going 12-4