Toronto Blue Jays @ Seattle Mariners Jul 21-23

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
Julio has been so unclutch for us yet he continues to laugh and smile like it's no big deal. Just sums up this franchise and Scotts clubhouse. "Meh who cares oh well!". God this franchise misses Lou.
Maybe he should pull a Kelenic and kick something, eh? 🤦‍♂️

Chapow

Reaction score
Oof. Moore and Wong reach with no outs in the bottom of the 9th, JP with the sac bunt to get them to 2nd and 3rd, but Julio and Geno can't get the job done. Bummer.

Crizilla

Reaction score
Every single time when it looks like they are turning a corner they go back to their old ways. Absolutely awful with RISP. Scotty managing the game as if he's trying NOT to sweep. Same ol story he's been doing this for years. Ugh Julio contract might have been a mistake. Everything about Julio has looked different this year compared to last year, and this coaching staff isn't the kind of staff to help Julio out. No veterans on this hitting staff to help the kid out.

Last edited:

Chapow

Reaction score
Maybe he should pull a Kelenic and kick something, eh? 🤦‍♂️

Right?

I feel like it's probably a good thing overall that he's able to maintain a good attitude when things aren't going his way, as opposed to losing his sh1t and throwing a tantrum. I doubt very, very much that it means "meh who cares oh well".

And don't get me wrong, I love me some Lou, but I'm not sure screaming in your players faces every time they lose a ball in the sun or don't come through with a clutch, game winning hit is always the best approach for every player.

Crizilla

Reaction score
Lou was a smart hitters coach that's the difference. This staff does nothing. Julio doesn't need to kick stuff. He needs to play better baseball. That deal hurt his psyche. He's set for life. We see this happen all the time with professional athletes. All he needs now is true veteran leadership. I would love to see them go after Miguel Cabrera as a hitting coach. Pujols. Griffey. Someone. You have to help this 22 year old out. You have to do something. Leaving him out to dry and play with his money will not help this franchise make a world series. Trust me on that one.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Pitcher was clearly in trouble. Julio and Suarez bail him out by swinging at crap pitches a foot outside and low.
How very MARINERS of them. ZERO excuse for not sweeping Toronto. And eff their fans while I'm at it. Worst in baseball, period. At least when you go to T-Mobile.