Seattle Mariners vs Houston Astros May 27-29

W

Welshers

Don't let back to back wins get you excited. This team is still the worst franchise in professional sports. They just get your hopes up to sending them crashing down. Sutz, your commitment to the team is commendable. I happen to think it should be shipped to Vancouver or Portland or something. Terminate the franchise.

beastalamode

Reaction score
Pretty sure this season will end like it did last year: missing the playoffs by a couple games and left to wonder what could have been if they spent 40 million more on payroll.

balakoth

Reaction score
Pretty sure this season will end like it did last year: missing the playoffs by a couple games and left to wonder what could have been if they spent 40 million more on payroll.
well I mean they are spending 100 million on payroll so... I guess we could spend 100 more like the Red Sox for those two extra wins

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Don't let back to back wins get you excited. This team is still the worst franchise in professional sports. They just get your hopes up to sending them crashing down. Sutz, your commitment to the team is commendable. I happen to think it should be shipped to Vancouver or Portland or something. Terminate the franchise.

Your a bucket of sunshine. I agree with parts but to ship them off is as bad as ken behring.

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
Kyle Lewis scratched.
Actually, I'm not surprised. Looked to me that he was pulling up a bit when he rounded 3rd and ran home. I forget the inning, but he looked like he was finishing a little gingerly, like he didn't trust the knee to stop at the end.

Hope it's just a rest day. With tomorrow a travel day, that'll give him two days off.

W

Welshers

Your a bucket of sunshine. I agree with parts but to ship them off is as bad as ken behring.
It needs to be rebuilt from the ground up. In other nations you get relegated from the leagues for being this pathetic. At this point it doesn't seem like anyone wants to actually take control of the franchise and try to win in Seattle. Might as well give it somewhere the owners will try

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
It needs to be rebuilt from the ground up. In other nations you get relegated from the leagues for being this pathetic. At this point it doesn't seem like anyone wants to actually take control of the franchise and try to win in Seattle. Might as well give it somewhere the owners will try

I wouldn’t go as far as getting rid of the team. Look at the Sonics, it’s not a given you get a team back once they leave. The franchise really needs new ownership, or a GM who can build a competitive team with not a lot of money (extremely hard to do).

I’ve thrown out the idea of starting with a clean slate. I know it won’t happen, but I’d have no issue if they wanted to erase the Mariners name and start fresh. Our history is honestly embarrassing outside of a couple seasons and a few players.

I still think there is a decent chance Kraken and Seahawks rebuild and make the playoffs before the M’s. Obviously Mariners have the best roster between the major sports teams here, but history has shown we will fail.

beastalamode

Reaction score
well I mean they are spending 100 million on payroll so... I guess we could spend 100 more like the Red Sox for those two extra wins
They will never spend as much as the top 5 teams do. That said, there is absolutely no excuse not to be in the top 12 in payroll with our market.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Actually, I'm not surprised. Looked to me that he was pulling up a bit when he rounded 3rd and ran home. I forget the inning, but he looked like he was finishing a little gingerly, like he didn't trust the knee to stop at the end.

Hope it's just a rest day. With tomorrow a travel day, that'll give him two days off.
This is just soft thinking by the team. He’s not playing in the field. Unless he says he cant go, he should be playing IMHO. The off day is TOMORROW.

Taking your hottest hitter out of the lineup and being satisfied with a series win is why this team is soft from the ownership on down.

Getting no-hit so far in this game is just a symptom of bad player management.

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
Finally, we get to Garcia a bit bottom 7. Nice to see France do his magic in the 6th with an RBI single to right with Torrenz on 2d. 2 on with no outs. Can we add on a run or two?

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Almost had the rally there but game ending double play with the bases loded.

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
Couldn't pull it off this time. :(

Well, a day off for travel and we take on the O's in Baltimore.

Crizilla

Reaction score
Torrens batting .197 with 0 homers. Is Lewis hurt again? No pinch hit? M's won't dig themselves out of the grave with these catcher woes. Like I said before possibly the worst catcher situation in the league.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Should have been pinch hitting Lewis there.
I’m done with SS as manager. No killer instinct, no urgency to win.

W

Welshers

As I've always said and will continue to say, this team SUCKS. If we don't get new seattle ownership it should be sold to a different city. This would vastly decrease our misery as fans.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
As I've always said and will continue to say, this team SUCKS. If we don't get new seattle ownership it should be sold to a different city. This would vastly decrease our misery as fans.
This team sucks because of sucky ownership and management.

I love the game of baseball that’s why I’ve been a fan of this team since it’s inception. I’m not on board with the team leaving. I’ve spent 35 years wanting an NHL team and finally got one, and as bad as they were I enjoyed the hell out of them.

Shitty baseball still beats no baseball, as hard as that is to swallow at times.

Saying that, this team’s ownership has run out of rope IMHO. No more excuses, are they committed to winning or not. Saying you are and backing it up with actions and spending are 2 different things.

So far the Mariners have talked about it, and haven’t backed it up.

You can see why the Mariners were against the Sonics coming back and the Kraken coming to town.
They didn’t want any more competition for the local sports dollar. More competition means more $$$ will have to be spent to field a perennial playoff team.

Rant over.