QBs Geno, Lock look uneven, struggling

Smellyman

Reaction score
I love the optimism. But let's be real.

Teams are going to stack the box and force either of our terrible QBs to beat them over the top. Which they won't.

Call me a hater or a troll. Whatever you want.

Heck I wish the Hawks destroy Denver week 1 as well. They're not that great of a team either.

But our QB situation right now is an abomination. Let's be real about that.
Lock's arm and DK/Lockett/Goodwin, dare to go over the top? I hope so

Jerhawk

Reaction score
See this is how toffee's brand of homerism works: Our boys are probowlers until proven otherwise. Be real? real will come soon enough, I am just enjoying NOW.

Lock's arm and DK/Lockett/Goodwin, dare to go over the top? I hope so
With what accuracy? He and Geno couldn't hit the broad side of a barn.

I bet anyone here a Papa Murphy's coupon that the Donkeys win by more than 10 week 1. That's the best I can do.

keasley45

Reaction score
I love the optimism. But let's be real.

Teams are going to stack the box and force either of our terrible QBs to beat them over the top. Which they won't.

Call me a hater or a troll. Whatever you want.

Heck I wish the Hawks destroy Denver week 1 as well. They're not that great of a team either.

But our QB situation right now is an abomination. Let's be real about that.

Being real. Our defense doesn't give up big plays. Russ lives off of big plays. To beat us even last year, you had to dink and dink. Russ can't dink and dunk.

We know Russ inside and out. No OC or QB in the league knows our D.

Russ, in high stakes games (playoffs) in the last several years, has not played well.

If Russ trues to go back to his scrambling ways, he's no longer fast enough to escape guys like Brooks, Taylor, etc. The D is too fast and they know his tendencies.

Our D will be primed to destroy their offense.

Shane, Pete and the O will be primed to prove that the scheme they want to run and should have last year actually works.

The QB ? Well Geno was far from an abomination when Shane and he finally got on the same page. And he wasn't an abomination in the 3 games prior.

And Lock looks to be markedly better lately.

He also runs play action really well and has a big arm. You know what's effective against a stacked box? And you know what play has been a staple of our offense for 10 years?.

It's not optimism, and I'm telling you, it won't be a surprise.

This team is going to be geeked out of its mind to prove the NFL and even its own fans wrong, and i think they have just enough talent and a big enough chip to do it. It's pretty plain to see if you can get past the knee-jerk, Lock and Geno suck and Wilson and Bobby are gone... but Pete stayed... so we have to suck, mindset.

There's a unity building that hasn't been here since we were great. And that, maybe above the talent, was what set the Hawks apart back then.

...I am my brothers keeper.

... we're all we got, we're all we need.

It won't be a surprise.

Donn2390

Reaction score

Drew Lock bests Geno Smith in mock game on day Seahawks’ QB battle seems to have turned​

Not sure where and how everything thinks the QB play todays was bad, the article I read makes Lock look really solid. We must be talking about two different locks??

Jerhawk

Reaction score
I'll take that bet. We beat then by double digits.
You're on!

I find my lack of faith disturbing. But you guys are all delusi- I mean optimistic about this 2022 Seahawks club. I'll stick to my guns and say it will be an embarassment offensively for this team behind center.

I have no quarrels with what you've said about the defense. I too believe the defense will be solid.

I have spoken.

toffee

Reaction score
With what accuracy? He and Geno couldn't hit the broad side of a barn.

I bet anyone here a Papa Murphy's coupon that the Donkeys win by more than 10 week 1. That's the best I can do.
Guess I am too much of a homer to understand why any 12 would bet on Hawks losing by more than 10 points.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Maybe he's only an 11 1/2. 😉
Funny. I've been a fan of this team my entire life. Don't question my loyalty to this team.

It's ok to be a fan and critical at the same time.

I tried starting another thread discussing our corner depth this season and got minimal feedback. Yet the 200th thread about the QB situation gets all the talk. Go figure.

I've shown you noting but respect Sutz. And Toffee.

keasley45

Reaction score
You're on!

I find my lack of faith disturbing. But you guys are all delusi- I mean optimistic about this 2022 Seahawks club. I'll stick to my guns and say it will be an embarassment offensively for this team behind center.

I have no quarrels with what you've said about the defense. I too believe the defense will be solid.

I have spoken.

Bet.

keasley45

Reaction score

Drew Lock bests Geno Smith in mock game on day Seahawks’ QB battle seems to have turned​

Not sure where and how everything thinks the QB play todays was bad, the article I read makes Lock look really solid. We must be talking about two different locks??

Lock started 10-10.

Hes a pretty good looking abomination

keasley45

Reaction score
Funny. I've been a fan of this team my entire life. Don't question my loyalty to this team.

I tried starting another thread discussing our corner depth this season and got minimal feedback. Yet the 200th thread about the QB situation gets all the talk. Go figure.

That thread should get a better return now with everyone having had a good look at the guys. Give it a bump. I know Aros just put one up as well. Good topic to discuss.

sutz

Reaction score

J/K. Sheesh.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
J/K. Sheesh.
Sorry Sutz. I had a mental breakdown on Welshers a few days ago. I'm going to get some help and leave this forum. This is my final post.

Thank you for your service. I wish you all the best.

Go Seahawks.

sutz

Reaction score
Sorry Sutz. I had a mental breakdown on Welshers a few days ago. I'm going to get some help and leave this forum. This is my final post.

Go Seahawks.
Oh hell, don't leave for that. <hugs>

toffee

Reaction score

Go Seahawks.
Come on, you are loved here! I appreciate and enjoy your postings.

BASF

Reaction score
Marty Mornhinweg was the OC on the Jets in Geno's first two years. Mornhinweg has coached five different quarterbacks who earned Pro Bowl selections - Brett Favre, Steve Young, Jeff Garcia, Donovan McNabb, and Michael Vick.

In Drew's case he had Rich Scangarello in 2019 (rookie year)- don't know much about him and Pat Shurmur in 2020 and 2021. Shurmur was Donovan McNabb's QB coach in 2002, Nick Foles coach with the Eagles (during his breakout season), and Case Keenum's coach in 2017 with Vikings (they made the playoffs and beat Saints).

I don't believe bad coaching is an issue in their case. They both were under reputable QB coaches for the most part.
The only QB that wasn't a vet already under Mornhinweg was Jeff Garcia. As someone who grew up in Niner country I can tell you that Garcia credited Mariucci with his success and never really said much about Mornhinweg. Everyone correctly gives him credit for improving Vick's game. But the others did not improve under Mornhinweg.