Is Geno Clutch Enough Now?

After the OT win against the Lions, would you call Geno "Clutch"?

• Absolutely. That's what I have been waiting to see out of him.

Votes: 34 42.0%
  • Um, not so fast. I need to see a larger sample size.

Votes: 36 44.4%
  • Still not sure.

Votes: 6 7.4%
  • No.

Votes: 5 6.2%

• Total voters

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
The top athletes in every sport are basically professional before graduating so all are Eli and Riviera if they want to be.

Dvl Dug

Reaction score
Geno has a good offensive line in front of him, consistently gets his 3.0 seconds to release the football, and he has four really good receivers, three really good tight ends, plus three really good running backs. What other quarterback has all of that?

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
No not even close He is a career back up against the actual teams which is bad for us 2 of them are in our division and if we don't draft a real quarterback fast we are looking at last place for years.
You angry good because you better be unless you like McVay and Shan Jr making us irrelevant until we have a new offensive minded coach paired with a real DC and a starter level quarterback otherwise be angry and don't be shocked with 8-9/9-8 until a change of ownership and a complete housecleaning occurs.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
No not even close He is a career back up against the actual teams which is bad for us 2 of them are in our division and if we don't draft a real quarterback fast we are looking at last place for years.

Disagree. I think he's every bit the QB that Hass was. And Hass got us to the big game. And he also blew big games. Because that's what most starting QB's are like.

Stafford had a rep as a non big time QB too until he won a SB in 2021. Any QB with Geno's arm and decision making skills can win a big game. It's more on the play calls and the other 10 guys that determine a teams fate than the QB.

But if you want we can start listing the mediocre QB's of Geno's ilk that have won SB's. Eli Manning has 2 for heaven's sake.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
He looked calm AF all day yesterday. Really was impressed with his play.
I agree until we have to play the teams that actually are relevant or Sean McVay it's not good that he owns us regardless and San Francisco will destroy us not counting Dallas or Philadelphia or the top 5 or more AFC teams.

hoxrox

Reaction score
Stafford was picked off twice by the 9ers yesterday. You bring pressure and he starts coughing it up. We just couldn't do that. Having a Nick Bosa helps.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Disagree. I think he's every bit the QB that Hass was. And Hass got us to the big game. And he also blew big games. Because that's what most starting QB's are like.

Stafford had a rep as a non big time QB too until he won a SB in 2021. Any QB with Geno's arm and decision making skills can win a big game. It's more on the play calls and the other 10 guys that determine a teams fate than the QB.

But if you want we can start listing the mediocre QB's of Geno's ilk that have won SB's. Eli Manning has 2 for heaven's sake.
He had an elite defense so let's move along now. The funny thing about shit quarterbacks like Eli, Russell etc they only win SB's with HoF defenses and not stupid ass HC's. But the rule changes after 2015 or so make this method pretty much a no go. You are already seeing this in Philadelphia. The entire reason San Francisco is relevant is Mr. Irrelevant and the entire reason Kansas City is relevant is Patrick Mahomes and his decision to do exactly what Tom Brady did his entire career oh and a offensively minded coach that gets that the current NFL is all about the quarterback no safeties or box corners etc. If you are building defense it's all about your line because you must stop the quarterback at all costs.

So please be angry because I'm damn well am just shows me I'm right. Never understood why Kansas City was messing around with Chris Jones it was never about the cap Patrick Mahomes has always made sure it will never be an issue. You need to understand he makes so much more money outside of football and Brittany is just fine by herself she doesn't need his money at all

22% of your entire cap on safeties and you refused to pay Earl 12 million what is up with that stupidity? At this point both are morons and Jody doesn't give a shit and Im afraid she's actively ready to refuse to do what she's legally required to do and sell the Trailblazers and Seahawks pretty much now.

Last edited:

Mad Dog

Reaction score
He had an elite defense so let's move along now. The funny thing about shit quarterbacks like Eli, Russell etc they only win SB's with HoF defenses and not stupid ass HC's.

Yes so I'm saying we can win with Geno if we build him the right team with the right coaches. I am in total agreement that we need a better DC. I'm not sure we need a different HC. Just need Pete to have an epiphany about his defensive philosophy. That's probably as likely as blowing it up and finding a solution elsewhere.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Those 15 yards could’ve been the difference of being in FG range or not. It turned out ok but that doesn’t mean it wasn’t a monumental mistake at the worst possible time. Since this post is about being clutch or not, it’s very impactful to the answer, IMO.
No. They were on their own 19 yard line when the play started. Geno was running around trying to avoid a sack and run the clock down. Even if he hadn’t run backwards, he was going to get sacked. Pete was not going to attempt a kick from inside the Hawks own 20-30. Running backwards was dumb, but it didn’t affect them having to punt.

LastRideOut

Reaction score
I need to see a larger sample size before I can call Geno clutch.

But Geno has the perfect opportunity to write his story. This team doesn't have the defense of '12-'14. This is the year for Geno to put his stamp on the team and carry it deep into the playoffs.

Otherwise we'll have this conversation ad nasuem.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
Geno has a good offensive line in front of him, consistently gets his 3.0 seconds to release the football, and he has four really good receivers, three really good tight ends, plus three really good running backs. What other quarterback has all of that?

Tell me more about how two backup tackles are "a good offensive line."

The Seahawks' coaching staff and Smith put together a quick-passing game plan to deal with the injury-related issues on the offensive line and Smith executed it well.

Film12Hawk

Reaction score
This reminds me of when everyone was saying Clipboard Jesus was the guy when he lead the touchdown drive versus the Rams that sent us to the playoffs back in 2010. Haha

Granted Geno is much better than Charlie Whitehurst ever was but I still need to see it on a consistent basis and against stiffer competition like the Eagles and 49ers.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
And if he DOES lose to either or both of those teams, you guys can all come in here and pump your chests out. He sucks, I told you so! Because that would feel amazing :unsure:
I've been plenty critical of Geno, but damn. The kid was $ yesterday.

Film12Hawk

Reaction score
And if he DOES lose to either or both of those teams, you guys can all come in here and pump your chests out. He sucks, I told you so! Because that would feel amazing :unsure:
I like Geno and want to see him do well. I just need to see it consistently against upper level competition.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
No. They were on their own 19 yard line when the play started. Geno was running around trying to avoid a sack and run the clock down. Even if he hadn’t run backwards, he was going to get sacked. Pete was not going to attempt a kick from inside the Hawks own 20-30. Running backwards was dumb, but it didn’t affect them having to punt.
I'm talking about the Lions' field position after the punt, not ours during. That does remind me of another aspect of how monumentally stupid that play was, our punt. The added danger of a shortened punt snap, with his heels on the back of the goalline, was another self inflicted could-be disaster possibility stemming from that play. There's no way to sugar coat it, a LOT of things had to go right for that drive, and specifically that play, to have not handed the game to the Lions. He played a great game but in the moment when he most needed to be clutch to seal the game, he performed a comedy of stacking errors that gave Detroit a variety of ways to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat.

Latest posts