Is Geno Clutch Enough Now?

After the OT win against the Lions, would you call Geno "Clutch"?

• Absolutely. That's what I have been waiting to see out of him.

Votes: 34 42.0%
  • Um, not so fast. I need to see a larger sample size.

Votes: 36 44.4%
  • Still not sure.

Votes: 6 7.4%
  • No.

Votes: 5 6.2%

• Total voters

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Tell me more about how two backup tackles are "a good offensive line."

The Seahawks' coaching staff and Smith put together a quick-passing game plan to deal with the injury-related issues on the offensive line and Smith executed it well.
Geno's "quick-passing" + getting more into a hurry up, didn't let the Lions sub in fresh Defenders, and that proved to me that Geno is way more than just a Bridge /Placeholder Quarterback.
I look at it like this...If Goff is considered a pretty good Quarterback, and Geno bested him in this Contest, that makes Geno a "Pretty Good Quarterback" too, am I right?

Dvl Dug

Reaction score
Road wins against good teams don't come easy.
Not saying that the Hawk's have a complete team just yet.
But that win against the Lyons, was HUGE!

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Typical he does good against a team that is pretty even with us and you think he's Tom Brady so do it against teams and coaches we need to be beat or it means nothing. Still 8-9/9-8 as usual I want change even if you don't. I was hoping that the wheels would fall off so Jody might actually give a **** but Pete is the master of barely average and almost relevant why can't he realize that the NFL has completely passed him by and just retire? Geno Smith and Drew Lock seriously?
That "Pretty Even With Us" team had just come back from a WIN against the Patric Mahomes & the World Champion Chiefs IN ARROWHEAD no less, eh?
Pete Carroll HAS outcoached BOTH yayhoo HC's of the 49rs & Rams within the last few years, so your dislike for him is YOUR OWN cross to bear.
65 votes having Confidence in Geno being a GOOD or REALLY GOOD Quarterback....Let me guess, you be 1 of 5 that voted NO, am I right? LOLOLOL

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Geno ran the ball very well yesterday, including a clutch run after the bogus intentional grounding and illegal formation penalties. So sorry, I can't get down with your criticism.

He also stepped up in the pocket multiple times making clutch throws with people in his face and getting hit. Some he should have done more last week. Also a sign of growth and tape improvement.
To be fair, last week when his Tackles went down, the O-line was ill prepared to give him any protection...Week two now, and Geno works on his hurry-up (helps take pressure off the bailing wired O-Line), sped things up to prevent the Lions from subbing in fresh Defenders.
This showed me that Geno absolutely has the ability to turn up the speed play when afforded some time to iron out the wrinkles with game planning Offensive Line Coaches & Coordinators.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
To be fair, last week when his Tackles went down, the O-line was ill prepared to give him any protection...Week two now, and Geno works on his hurry-up (helps take pressure off the bailing wired O-Line), sped things up to prevent the Lions from subbing in fresh Defenders.
This showed me that Geno absolutely has the ability to turn up the speed play when afforded some time to iron out the wrinkles with game planning Offensive Line Coaches & Coordinators.

I do think there were quite a few step up in the pocket missed opportunities last week against the Rams.

Which I assume was pointed out to Geno during the film sessions, and probably why he made a concerted effort to improve that this week against the Lions.

I get it, when Aaron Donald is destroying your pocket 50% of snaps, you probably do get some PTSD and want to retreat rather than step up. But Geno is tall and strong enough to step and up and take the hits to find receivers. Unlike he who shall not be named who had to spin and bail to buy time.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
I don't think I would classify the Lions' D as "bad". They may not be elite, but they are decent. They have good players at all three levels.
Not to mention, they were good enough to go to Arrowhead and beat a Patric Mahomes led Offense the week before, am I right?