Geno is MR. CLUTCH

Welshers2

Reaction score
In this 2023-24 season, Geno Smith LEADS THE NFL in game winning drives with less than 2:00 or in OT.

Despite everyone in here constantly saying he is a choker who is not clutch, he has actually been one of the very clutchest players in the NFL this year. Maybe even the clutchest. Facts say this, not me. This thread isn't just about today. It's about the narrative and Genos play overall. Plenty of people in this forum have said he literally doesn't have ONE game winning drive

Geno Game Winning Drives:

Lions: Led down for a FG to win, it was missed, so game winning TD drive in OT. This SHOULD count as two.

Browns: Game winning TD drive to end the game.

Commanders: Game winning drive with an FG on the final play

Rams*: Drove down the field for a winning FG after being out injured most the second half but we missed it, still very clutch.

Titans: Game winning TD drive to end the game

Talk all the shit you want but the fact is that Geno has led last second/OT game winning drives in 4 different games this year. 5 if you count him leading the team into scoring position vs Rams or winning the game twice vs Lions.

"mr choker" is the clutchest player in the league

Last edited:

Scout

Reaction score
I'm just tired of people saying he's not clutch. I see this narrative a ton here and I don't get it.

How many QBs in the NFL are considered clutch at this point? Brady retired last year, Rodgers who knows how much longer he plays. Big Ben retired.

Times are changing.

renofox

Reaction score
Despite everyone in here constantly saying he is a choker who is not clutch, he has actually been one of the very clutchest players in the NFL this year. Maybe even the clutchest. Facts say this, not me. This thread isn't just about today. It's about the narrative and Genos play overall. Plenty of people in this forum have said he literally doesn't have ONE game winning drive

Geno Game Winning Drives:

Lions: Led down for a FG to win, it was missed, so game winning TD drive in OT. This SHOULD count as two.

Browns: Game winning TD drive to end the game.

Commanders: Game winning FG drive

Rams*: Drove down the field for a winning FG after being out injured most the second half but we missed it, still very clutch.

Titans: Game winning TD Drive

Talk all the shit you want but the fact is that Geno has led last second/OT game winning drives in 4 different games this year. 5 if you count him leading the team into scoring position vs Rams or winning the game twice vs Lions.

That's may even be the most in this league this year. I can't find a statistic for it.
Very similar to RW. Suck for 3 quarters then do just enough to win was real common back then.

PC is a common denominator. This is the type of games PC loves.

Coincidence?

OP
OP
Welshers2

Welshers2

Reaction score
Very similar to RW. Suck for 3 quarters then do just enough to win was real common back then.

PC is a common denominator. This is the type of games PC loves.

Coincidence?
All I'm saying is you can't call the QB who leads the NFL in game winning drives unclutch. That's all I'm saying. So many people calling him a choker.

nwHawk

Reaction score
Brady, Rodgers, Big Ben and Geno. Wild thought.

renofox

Reaction score
All I'm saying is you can't call the QB who leads the NFL in game winning drives unclutch. That's all I'm saying. So many people calling him a choker.
Last year Geno wasn't so clutch.

This year he has been doing very well overall with his clutch game. That's why I was hopeful in the gameday threads when the drive started.

He's had more opportunities this year and been successful on over half of them.

OP
OP
Welshers2

Welshers2

Reaction score
Good job Geno. Wilson "was" the leader in game winning drive this season.
Yep, Russ is actually second with 3 now. It depends how you define "game winning drive" because Wilson had another one with 4:00 left. So if you count that they are tied. But with less than 2:00 Geno is #1.