Houston Astros @ Seattle Mariners Sep 25-27

Mizak

Reaction score
The Astros have 7 players in their lineup tonight hitting over .260.

The Mariners only have 3 players on their entire roster hitting over .260, and only 1 hitting over .265.

This team needs better players. Period.
Good, want the Astros to make it to WS just for them to meet Braves who have 9 players batting over .260 and freaking elite team. Can’t wait for the *tros get smacked around.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
I hope the fans give them the Oakland A’s treatment tomorrow and only a thousand fans show up.

beastalamode

Reaction score
They've been hoarding cash for a few years now. Time to invest in Ohtani, you'll make all your money back between the US market and the Japanese market

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
At least fans are boo’ing. Team is imploding.

raisethe3

Reaction score
The season is a wrap. Nice one Mariners, I lost my bet.

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
Once again, they shit the bed against breaking balls and offspeed stuff. Not a typical Verlander outing we're used to, but he adjusted and we didn't. Running out of chances. :(

stack55

Reaction score
They got us all hyped up in August and payed an egg in September.

Crizilla

Reaction score
Technically everyone was right. Not spending enough, barely if any coaching going on, etc. Your line up can't have the same problem year in and year out (High strike out team with low team average). The Marlins, reds, cleveland, nats all have better team average.

No slugging at 2nd hurts.Total number of runs they are 12th but that doesn't tell you everything.

Remember, the rebuild started in 2019. They should be better for sure. I'm seeing no progression or coaching. M's need a Shane Waldron.

Last edited:

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Technically everyone was right. Not spending enough, barely if any coaching going on, etc. Your line up can't have the same problem year in and year out (High strike out team with low team average). The Marlins, reds, cleveland, nats all have better team average.

No slugging at 2nd hurts.Total number of runs they are 12th but that doesn't tell you everything.

Remember, the rebuild started in 2019. They should be better for sure. I'm seeing no progression or coaching. M's need a Shane Waldron.
Ryan Bliss was still tearing it up in AAA hitting over .300 for BA, Over .900 OPS, 25 HR, 86 Rbi, 55 SB. Guy is only 5’6” but has some pop and gets on base with speed. He’s a legit cheap replacement at 2B next year. So 1B, DH and an OF spot you can improve, Via FA or trades.

Bliss can be our non-cheating version of Altuve.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
An absolute kick in the gut last night. Stadium was rockin and ready to go. They had ZERO spark. Got absolutely dominated.
I haven't said this in a while, but they are DONE. So p***ed and bummed today.........
Congrats to all the downers like TIMD and the rest of them, you were right. They choked. I'm sure it feels great for you.