• Yes, but wait until after the season

Votes: 104 39.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

HansGruber

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2f27pjzd said:
They could have George Jetson as the OC and I would never stop going to games. To each his own. I don't like Bevell, but they sure have won a LOT for a team that doesn't care about winning.

They've won IN SPITE of having the worst OC in the NFL, and having the worst offense by a large margin. I don't care that they are able to put up 3 TD's in the 4th quarter of every game. That is and has always been the work of Russell Wilson improvising. You can't win consistently that way.

We've been winning on the back of an all-time great defense. But the second our defense starts playing poorly, look at what happens. We get blown out of games, because our offense is WORTHLESS. Every fan at the game around me was saying the same thing on Sunday. We're SICK of watching the offense be so terrible. You just simply can't win consistently like that. This team should have been a dynasty, but instead, we're watching mediocre football (plus a playoff win per season). Ugh.

And I call BS on you "never stop going to games". OK then. Put up the $8,000 per season that I spend on season tickets (not counting $60/game for parking and another $100/game for drinks/food), and then come talk to me about it. You don't. I know everyone in my section, have known them for years, and plenty of them were saying the same thing last Sunday. We're done throwing away money on a team that doesn't care about winning. If they did care about winning, Bevell would have been gone minutes after blaming the SB49 loss on poor execution by his players.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Been a season ticket holder since 1993, going to games since 79. I don't need the lecture. Do whatever you need to do. You have ZERO clue how much I spend at a game, or on season tickets, or parking or food/drink etc., let alone anything about me. Nobody is forcing you to go and spend your money. Cry me a river, plenty of people would love to have your tickets, let alone be able to afford what you're spending to go. That's YOUR choice, just like it's your choice to give up on going to the games. Sunday was horrific, but extremely RARE to see them play like that. If you actually think this team doesn't care about winning, not sure what to tell you. Couldn't be further from the truth.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
HansGruber":3hymxsp9 said:
If Bevell is still OC next season, I won't buy tickets or go to games. Shouldn't have bought tickets this year. The Eagles game was fun but the rest of the season has been garbage and I'm done supporting it.

If the Seahawks don't make a major change this offseason, then we officially don't care about winning. It would be a shame watching this team waste Russell Wilson's talent like that.
You will be easily replaced. And the fan who gets your seat will be entertained with winning football.

HommyHawk

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":t2lbmx3f said:
Ambrose83":t2lbmx3f said:
Siouxhawk":t2lbmx3f said:
As JimmyG said, there were a multitude of problems in the Rams loss and laying it all at the feet of Bevell is just lazy analysis. It's rudimentary scapegoating in all its grasping-for-straws glory.

Bevell designs a solid gameplan and makes intuitive callls when given complete freedom to do so. But that rarely happens.

I'd like to see Pete take the training wheels off the offense and let Bevell go wild. It would be a cataclysmic shift in philosophy, but I think the time is here to build around Russell as he enters the prime of his career.

How can you take yourself seriously... the level of homer denial you post with is simply astounding. Truly is.
Why do you say denial? About every macro stat backs my stance up. For starters, Bev owns the best winning % for an OC in Hawks history.
Because of or inspite of? Don't remember T Jack winning a lot of games.......plus why does our offense zoom in 2 min drill?maybe because he isn't deciding the calls?whether he is a good oc or not his time here is over time for a fresh approach on our play calling the rest of the league has figured us out we need new tendencies.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
StoneCold":32do347z said:
hawknation2017":32do347z said:
I hear Bevell likes long routes.

This. I'm no football expert, but when I see Goff repeatedly dump off for 5 or 6 yards a pop, and it seems Russell never has that option. Maybe that's on Russ, but it sure seems that as soon as Russ is in trouble and looks for an option, they are all 20 yards down the field and often running side by side.
That is because Wilson is not good at going through progressions in the pocket and throwing on time in the quick rhythm passing game, but he is GREAT and throwing dynamic routes, especially ones far enough down field that timing/anticipation is less important than accuracy. He is extremely accurate on those type of routes, but he is NOT good at quick, less dynamic route combinations. (e.g. Wilson is much better at deep outs or deep ins than stick concepts)

Been watching Bevell for years, and despite the hate, much of what he calls is because he has Barry Sanders taking snaps for him. The horizontal stretching of the field (the bubble screens, the empty backfields) and the four vertical routes are all designed to maximize what Wilson does so well.

Does Bevell SUCCEED at trying to maximize what Wilson does well? I would argue that if he didn't at least half of the time then you wouldn't see Wilson in so many highlight films.

You guys want a more traditional offense? You need a more traditional quarterback. Wilson requires a lot of space to operate. That requires the field stretching Bevell does so much. In fact I would not be surprised if some of these route combinations are deliberately designed to stretch the field vertically and horizontally in anticipation of Wilson scrambling and then eating up the yardage under the coverage.

adeltaY

Reaction score
How do you explain the success Wilson had with the short passing game at the end of 2015? I don't get it, he throws quick outs, curls, hitches, etc. really well. We even saw a slant earlier in the year to Darboh! How much of the lack of sticks, slants, and spots is PC being turnover averse vs. Wilson not being able to throw them?

Meeker

Reaction score
I've honestly wondered what the true problem is for a while now. Bevell calls plays that fit Pete's philosophy. An offense catered to Wilson, with our current roster...or any we've had for a while, doesn't really fit Pete's philosophy. We do for very short stints, the longest being the last 7 games of 2015, which gave me a lot of hope that they were going to go permanently that direction, but...

Just who isn't willing to cater the offense to Russ' strengths? Is it Pete or is it Bevell?

OP
OP
hawknation2017

hawknation2017

Reaction score
The "no" to replacing Darrell Bevell crowd has inched up to 8%, but it looks like many of those people are 49er fans. :p

randomation

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":368mdgmv said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Andy_Benoit/status/943178904033902592[/tweet]

This seems to be an issue every time Wilson starts to struggle. Tampa '16, 'Skins/Jags this year...same deal. Teams have figured out that the way to stop Wilson is to play Cover 4 man against our smaller WR's and wait for the front four to get to Wilson. They're not even worried about him rushing. They've realized that it doesn't do enough damage.

I've said a lot that the Seahawks seem to have two playbooks. When they run this one, the offense comes to a crashing halt. When they run the other one, like against the Eagles, Wilson comes alive.

So it's Pete, not Bevell. Pete knows what works. He just won't do it because MAH TURNOVERZ or MAH GAME CLOK or whatever he's worried about.

This is an interesting point and is my biggest worry. Say we go out and get McDaniels with those Paul Allen dollars does Pete even let him run his scheme?

original poster

Reaction score
randomation":ac5atf7j said:
MontanaHawk05":ac5atf7j said:

This seems to be an issue every time Wilson starts to struggle. Tampa '16, 'Skins/Jags this year...same deal. Teams have figured out that the way to stop Wilson is to play Cover 4 man against our smaller WR's and wait for the front four to get to Wilson. They're not even worried about him rushing. They've realized that it doesn't do enough damage.

I've said a lot that the Seahawks seem to have two playbooks. When they run this one, the offense comes to a crashing halt. When they run the other one, like against the Eagles, Wilson comes alive.

So it's Pete, not Bevell. Pete knows what works. He just won't do it because MAH TURNOVERZ or MAH GAME CLOK or whatever he's worried about.

This is an interesting point and is my biggest worry. Say we go out and get McDaniels with those Paul Allen dollars does Pete even let him run his scheme?

I'd bet that any new OC that comes on board would also encompass Paul Allen telling Pete to let them do their job with limited reign.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":2xes2z8r said:
As JimmyG said, there were a multitude of problems in the Rams loss and laying it all at the feet of Bevell is just lazy analysis. It's rudimentary scapegoating in all its grasping-for-straws glory.

Bevell designs a solid gameplan and makes intuitive callls when given complete freedom to do so. But that rarely happens.

I'd like to see Pete take the training wheels off the offense and let Bevell go wild. It would be a cataclysmic shift in philosophy, but I think the time is here to build around Russell as he enters the prime of his career.
Oh, shut up and stop trolling.

Subzero717

Reaction score
randomation":2tutm44c said:
MontanaHawk05":2tutm44c said:

Mcdaniels has already turned down HC jobs to stay in NE.
Why on earth would Mcdaniels leave New England for anything less than a HC job?

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3fru2s6e said:
Siouxhawk":3fru2s6e said:

Oh, shut up and stop trolling.
The “troll” labeler strikes again. Weak.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
As Benoit stated, Bevell’s offense accommodates him to do his thing. When Russ is off, we’re off. That’s where Cable’s disappointing run game has proven to be our undoing.

The one thing Bev really needs to work on next year is helping Russ identify defenses to make those needed adjustments at the line of scrimmage. We do that to a certain extent by putting a player in motion to undisguise man or zone, but by then the play is already in motion. I’m just talking about a verbal cue Russ can deliver during his cadence that perhaps indicates he’s going to isolate a certain receiver where he anticipates the D being soft. Could work in a run set too, I’d imagine.

HansGruber

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":20fbsck4 said:
Been a season ticket holder since 1993, going to games since 79. I don't need the lecture. Do whatever you need to do. You have ZERO clue how much I spend at a game, or on season tickets, or parking or food/drink etc., let alone anything about me. Nobody is forcing you to go and spend your money. Cry me a river, plenty of people would love to have your tickets, let alone be able to afford what you're spending to go. That's YOUR choice, just like it's your choice to give up on going to the games. Sunday was horrific, but extremely RARE to see them play like that. If you actually think this team doesn't care about winning, not sure what to tell you. Couldn't be further from the truth.

I wrote my post hours after seeing the worst beatdown in CenturyLink history. Extreme frustration and resignation are terrible drugs. I'm frustrated with the total tone-deafness of our coaching and sick of watching Bevell waste Russell Wilson's talent.

After the interception on Sunday, you could see the defense come off the field totally re-energized and jacked up. Seattle was still in the game. It felt like momentum changed.

Then our offense trots out on the field, runs a draw up the middle, then two LONG passes downfield, and we go 3-and-out with an actual loss of yards.

I watched Richard Sherman shake his head, turn away from the field, and walk to the other side of the bench. You could SEE the frustration and defeat in our defensive players. I saw guys' shoulders relaxing, heads turning down, that defeated look. It was awful.

A good defense isn't enough anymore.

Anyway... just venting here. My girlfriend is sick of hearing it and I don't blame her. Had to vent somewhere. And yeah, all the other lifelong season ticket holders in my section are saying the same thing. We put our hearts into this team. Of course we're frustrated. I think we all are.

HansGruber

Reaction score
Oh and it looks like Bevell won't be going anywhere unless Carroll is forced out.

http://q13fox.com/2017/12/03/pete-carro ... great-job/

"Interviewer - After the win over the Niners last week, both Dave Wyman and Jordan Babineaux gave offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell some props for his play calling. Have you been impressed with the way he’s been able to add some extra wrinkles into the play calling?

Carroll - Yeah, I’m sure our fans can see it. As we go, we just try to keep using our players to their best. Darrell has a great reservoir of stuff that he’s done and he’s a really good play caller. He finds explosive plays in every game plan. He’s done a great job."

:pukeface:

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
If Pete was a "man of his word", then he would have held Bevell and Cable responsible for the woeful performance seen so many times this season. Just two more games and we'll see if our Front Office can do what is necessary to fix our pathetic first half Offensive performances.

If believe that the players have lost faith in their assistant coaches for the Offense.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
HansGruber":1zcm6lme said:
SoulfishHawk":1zcm6lme said:
They could have George Jetson as the OC and I would never stop going to games. To each his own. I don't like Bevell, but they sure have won a LOT for a team that doesn't care about winning.

They've won IN SPITE of having the worst OC in the NFL, and having the worst offense by a large margin. I don't care that they are able to put up 3 TD's in the 4th quarter of every game. That is and has always been the work of Russell Wilson improvising. You can't win consistently that way.

We've been winning on the back of an all-time great defense. But the second our defense starts playing poorly, look at what happens. We get blown out of games, because our offense is WORTHLESS. Every fan at the game around me was saying the same thing on Sunday. We're SICK of watching the offense be so terrible. You just simply can't win consistently like that. This team should have been a dynasty, but instead, we're watching mediocre football (plus a playoff win per season). Ugh.

And I call BS on you "never stop going to games". OK then. Put up the $8,000 per season that I spend on season tickets (not counting $60/game for parking and another $100/game for drinks/food), and then come talk to me about it. You don't. I know everyone in my section, have known them for years, and plenty of them were saying the same thing last Sunday. We're done throwing away money on a team that doesn't care about winning. If they did care about winning, Bevell would have been gone minutes after blaming the SB49 loss on poor execution by his players.
BINGO! Thread winner! :2thumbs:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts