• Yes, but wait until after the season

Votes: 104 39.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Hawkfiend":3q8ie1ic said:
I didn't realize Bevell was blocking Quinn and Donald all day. Does he play special teams too?
We scored seven points on offense today. Also, sustaining some drives and putting up some points would have slowed the opposing offense, too. Can't blame it all on the defense - the NFL average points scored on offense last year was 22.8 points per game, and that doesn't include special teams or defensive scores. Offense only. We put up less than a third of that today. At home.

The WIN-LESS FREAKING CLEVELAND BROWNS haven't even scored fewer than seven points in any game this year.

2_0_6

Reaction score
The only way any of the coaches leave is to take other jobs, Pete as many know is loyal to a fault.

johnnyfever

Reaction score
9 out of 101. There are actually 10% of the people who think he is good at his job?

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":3mvi1ojm said:
The only way any of the coaches leave is to take other jobs, Pete as many know is loyal to a fault.

Is it loyalty or are these coaches doing what Pete is telling them to do?

mikeak

Reaction score
Hawkfiend":2zhy6f2y said:
I didn't realize Bevell was blocking Quinn and Donald all day. Does he play special teams too?

He probably should have known that they play for the opponent.....

Shane Falco

Reaction score
Not a fan of Bevell either but I think you have to have someone that you think is better and available to make that move.

Where I am at on fire immediately is Cable. Pretty sure you could come up with a better o-line coach without even knowing who the candidates are. The line has been garbage and no running game two years running. If he's still here next season it will be truly bewildering.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Shane Falco":1q94gd6t said:
Not a fan of Bevell either but I think you have to have someone that you think is better and available to make that move.
Never heard of addition by subtraction?

Joyodongo

Reaction score
I think all coaching staff should be fired, starting with Pete. With arguably the best roster of the NFL in 5-6 years they have achieved one championship. Not a disaster, but subpar.

Shane Falco

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":17m2bdch said:
Shane Falco":17m2bdch said:
Never heard of addition by subtraction?

I follow the M's too, so yeah. :D

DJ_CJ

Reaction score
Shane Falco":1k8omttr said:

Where I am at on fire immediately is Cable. Pretty sure you could come up with a better o-line coach without even knowing who the candidates are. The line has been garbage and no running game two years running. If he's still here next season it will be truly bewildering.

Completely understand the point of having someone going forward. Yet this guy constantly doesn't scheme to our strengths or help the weaknesses. Took 3 years to figure out how to scheme a benefit from having Graham.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shane Falco

Reaction score
I wouldn't lose any sleep over replacing him immediately. Just saying, I do worry about who they bring in. I don't know if he is so bad that whoever they bring in is automatically better by default. I've been as frustrated with the play-calling / game planning as much as the next guy.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
austinslater25":2fvb6au7 said:
hawknation2017":2fvb6au7 said:
Siouxhawk":2fvb6au7 said:
Haha. Immaterial fodder for the usual reactionaries.
:roll:

Sioux honest question....give Bevell a grade for today with all of your offensive wisdom I would love to hear it.
It was a blowout loss with the QB sailing throws, receivers fumbling and dropping passes, regression to shoddy offensive line play, the defense giving Gurley the red carpet treatment, porous coverage by the kick return team .... just a disappointing day. All the parts were misfiring. So as for a grade, the team gets an Incomplete.

original poster

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":3a6jr32m said:
austinslater25":3a6jr32m said:
hawknation2017":3a6jr32m said:
Siouxhawk":3a6jr32m said:

Sioux honest question....give Bevell a grade for today with all of your offensive wisdom I would love to hear it.
It was a blowout loss with the QB sailing throws, receivers fumbling and dropping passes, regression to shoddy offensive line play, the defense giving Gurley the red carpet treatment, porous coverage by the kick return team .... just a disappointing day. All the parts were misfiring. So as for a grade, the team gets an Incomplete.

But what grade would you give Bevell, specifically?

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
original poster":2r1gzh6q said:
Siouxhawk":2r1gzh6q said:
austinslater25":2r1gzh6q said:
hawknation2017":2r1gzh6q said:

Incomplete is a grade on a report card. Being a team game, it's futile to grade an individual coaching effort that is dependent on performance from his players. Many of our parts didn't work Sunday and you saw the outcome.

original poster

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":2fed00id said:
original poster":2fed00id said:
Siouxhawk":2fed00id said:
austinslater25":2fed00id said:

Incomplete is a grade on a report card. Being a team game, it's futile to grade an individual coaching effort that is dependent on performance from his players. Many of our parts didn't work Sunday and you saw the outcome.

But with a gun to your head, with the only options being A*-F. What would you give Bevell?

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":208k7rlw said:
austinslater25":208k7rlw said:
hawknation2017":208k7rlw said:
Siouxhawk":208k7rlw said:

Who is it that's supposed to Coordinate that offensive effort? I'm having a hard time putting my finger on it. Can someone please help me? It's a difficult one to figure out. Is there someone on a football team that is supposed to come up with a game plan, adapt it when it isn't working and exploit things when it does? Is there someone on a football team that's supposed to sustain drives to keep depleted defenses from getting wore out and tore down?

Zone blocking needs to go away. Cable is stagnant. Bevell needs to coach college ball where his cute crap might work. Bevell owns all of that and it cannot be argued. The D-Line at O-line positions was a great hope to build a zone blocking team that exploits defenses through athleticism. It failed. Time to find a new experiment. AMF Bevell and Cable

original poster

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":3hg558wd said:
Siouxhawk":3hg558wd said:
austinslater25":3hg558wd said:
hawknation2017":3hg558wd said:

Who is it that's supposed to Coordinate that offensive effort? I'm having a hard time putting my finger on it. Can someone please help me? It's a difficult one to figure out. Is there someone on a football team that is supposed to come up with a game plan, adapt it when it isn't working and exploit things when it does? Is there someone on a football team that's supposed to sustain drives to keep depleted defenses from getting wore out and tore down?

Zone blocking needs to go away. Cable is stagnant. Bevell needs to coach college ball where his cute crap might work. Bevell owns all of that and it cannot be argued. The D-Line at O-line positions was a great hope to build a zone blocking team that exploits defenses through athleticism. It failed. Time to find a new experiment. AMF Bevell and Cable

Couldn't agree more.

Bevell and Cable need to be gone. I'd keep Richard around on the basis that it may not be wise replacing the whole coaching staff and chances are the defense won't be so depleted next year.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Oh we’re blaming Bevell now for a 42-7 loss, good to see.

Almost like a lot of fans refused to acknowledge how beat to hell this roster was and they finally found a coach and a team ready to exploit all these weaknesses that have been there since losing 4 Pro Bowlers with a 5th guy seriously hobbled.

I think the team needs an overhaul, but lol at blaming yesterday on Bevell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts