Poll: If they draft a qb, who will it be?

If they draft a qb, who will it be?

• Williams

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Daniels

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Maye

Votes: 3 2.4%
  • McCarthy

Votes: 27 21.4%
  • Penix

Votes: 47 37.3%
  • Nix

Votes: 17 13.5%
  • Other

Votes: 26 20.6%

• Total voters

DirectMessage

Reaction score
Getting rid of Adams, Diggs and Dissly indicated rebuild whether anyone accepts or not. With current cap space, areas of need and the current QB situation does not indicate any playoffs for at least a season, perhaps even two. Other cuts/restructures and what are forthcoming and will show growing pains for this team in the season ahead. Having a lack of a 2nd rounder in the upcoming draft is hurting us quite a bit, it's the elephant in the room and gives us little to no wiggle room for what we can do draft wise. Unless MM and JS pull some magic out of the hat, which could happen, but the quickest way of rebuilding is cutting some of our veterans, i.e. Lockett, Metcalf and get younger, there may even be a few others to let go. Sometimes letting go some of your core players may hurt in the near interim, but will help the team grow in the future ahead. Crazy as it may sound, yes, Metcalf is a generational player, no doubt whatsoever, but if you don't have the team currently to take you all the way, his general worth currently will pay dividends later and in all fairness, let him play somewhere else where he can maximize his skills now and not waste it on a rebuild, as selfish as that would be. Just my 2 cents here, that is all. Unless I"m mistaken, our current QB and DK don't seem to mesh all so well anyways.
Yup. You might be able to get a haul for DK if you trade him to a team one piece away from the Superbowl. Low 1st and a second sounds doable.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Getting rid of Adams, Diggs and Dissly indicated rebuild whether anyone accepts or not. With current cap space, areas of need and the current QB situation does not indicate any playoffs for at least a season, perhaps even two. Other cuts/restructures and what are forthcoming and will show growing pains for this team in the season ahead. Having a lack of a 2nd rounder in the upcoming draft is hurting us quite a bit, it's the elephant in the room and gives us little to no wiggle room for what we can do draft wise. Unless MM and JS pull some magic out of the hat, which could happen, but the quickest way of rebuilding is cutting some of our veterans, i.e. Lockett, Metcalf and get younger, there may even be a few others to let go. Sometimes letting go some of your core players may hurt in the near interim, but will help the team grow in the future ahead. Crazy as it may sound, yes, Metcalf is a generational player, no doubt whatsoever, but if you don't have the team currently to take you all the way, his general worth currently will pay dividends later and in all fairness, let him play somewhere else where he can maximize his skills now and not waste it on a rebuild, as selfish as that would be. Just my 2 cents here, that is all. Unless I"m mistaken, our current QB and DK don't seem to mesh all so well anyways.
Actually I think he's fine with DK but not so much JSN where it's painfully obvious Lock is comfortable with both and Bobo on top. In my opinion and it seems the entire NFL Geno is a completely overpaid backup quarterback no pass go and no $200 quit the half measures and trade him already he's a total impediment to what this organization and team need to do....total housecleaning.

Last edited:

DirectMessage

Reaction score
What would his worth be? 2 1st, 1st and a second, or 2 second rd picks and a player?

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
What would his worth be? 2 1st, 1st and a second, or 2 second rd picks and a player?
Maybe a 5th if it's something as stupid as us for the last 7 years but more likely a 6th or 7th round pick in like....2034? I really would prefer just sign Lock and start drafting quarterbacks every year it isn't like with Geno we ever pass the Rams or 49ers especially the 49ers given Purdy will be there for a long time and he's not a scrub to me Mccarthy is very similar to him. Both can get you to the Superbowl IF your HC isn't a total moron.

Last edited:

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Actually I think he's fine with DK but not so much JSN where it's painfully obvious Lock is comfortable with both and Bobo on top. In my opinion and it seems the entire NFL Geno is a completely overpaid backup quarterback no pass go and no $200 quit the half measures and trade him already he's a total impediment to what this organization and team need to do....total housecleaning.
Geno is a literal top 15 QB.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Geno is a literal top 15 QB.
In the USFL or flag football. Statistics are bullshit and the way the people in power fool the people not in power they are completely manipulated to any narrative. Trust your eyes do you actually have the arrogance to try and convince anyone but people like Mealstorm (nice guy) that Geno is actually a playoff level quarterback unless he's supported by a historically elite defense and running back?

I for don't l want to go through the 49er model and they still will NEVER win until Allen, Burrows and Mahomes are retired unless you get your own elite quarterback it's how it's set up now.

1. Get an elite quarterback then hope he's smart like Brady or Mahomes and get a little less

2. Pay one top tier receiver whether it's a WR or TE isn't important

3. Get good OL and pay them

4. Go cheap on RB's and receivers

5. Use all that money you save on defense especially on a top tier DT and maybe ONE elite CB go cheap and young wherever possible otherwise and get value FA and coach and scheme it up

a little less the possible

Last edited:

SonicHawk

Reaction score
I think if they had a respectable defense in 2023 they make a decent run in the playoffs where anything can happen. they were bottom 10 in almost every defensive aspect and weren't bottom 10 in any offensive one.

I think we can improve at QB. I don't know if anyone outside of Caleb likely provides that. Nix, JJ, Maye probably give the same or less performance. Daniels and Penix maybe provide some upside but are they beating SF anytime soon?

I understand the appeal of QBOTF, you get a guy on a rookie contract to make a run for a few years. If he matches GS, then you're golden. But you have to solve the defense no matter what. Patrick Mahomes isn't winning the SB on the Seahawks right now.

Does Geno lose to Pittsburgh if the defense isn't unbelievable awful. Does Geno lose to Dallas if the defense makes a stop? Does Geno lose to the Rams if Carroll doesn't get outcoached 2x?

Like his big trash games were CIN, SF, LAR, BAL -- do we think those games are W's and DET, CLE, WAS are not potential L's?

It's unfair to look at Patrick Mahomes and say "we need that" when he's literally a potential GOAT. How great was Matthew Stafford in Detroit and won nothing, then goes to LA with a good coach and puts it altogether. Nick Foles won a Super Bowl MVP. I think Geno can do it if you bet on this team. You get decent safety play, Rik be not a shell of himself, a linebacker who can cover, and all of a sudden this is an average defense and an 11+ win team with DK and Walker.

Last edited:

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
I think if they had a respectable defense in 2023 they make a decent run in the playoffs where anything can happen. they were bottom 10 in almost every defensive aspect and weren't bottom 10 in any offensive one.

I think we can improve at QB. I don't know if anyone outside of Caleb likely provides that. Nix, JJ, Maye probably give the same or less performance. Daniels and Penix maybe provide some upside but are they beating SF anytime soon? Does Geno lose to Pittsburgh if the defense isn't unbelievable awful. Does Geno lose to Dallas if the defense makes a stop? Does Geno lose to the Rams if Carroll doesn't get outcoached 2x?

Like his big trash games were CIN, SF, LAR, BAL -- do we think those games are W's and DET, CLE, WAS are not potential L's?

It's unfair to look at Patrick Mahomes and say "we need that" when he's literally a potential GOAT. How great was Matthew Stafford in Detroit and won nothing, then goes to LA with a good coach and puts it altogether. Nick Foles won a Super Bowl MVP. I think Geno can do it if you bet on this team. You get decent safety play, Rik be not a shell of himself, a linebacker who can cover, and all of a sudden this is an average defense and an 11+ win team with DK and Walker.
Possible but very unlikely and it all starts with the quarterback since it seems they don't want to bite the bullet and do a real rebuild because it's fine if you suck for a year or two if you actually have a plan to be way better in year 3× then some scrub like Drew or Geno and 8-9/9-8.

That's my opinion I have a complete right to it and life isn't fair so deal with it or be like Bill and Pete and enjoy retirement. 9-8/8-9 sucks donkey balls so get off the pot and start drafting quarterbacks you like so we can please move forward in less then 10-15 more years I figured 7 years was way more then enough but again just my opinion.

Last edited:

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Possible but very unlikely and it all starts with the quarterback since it seems they don't want to bite the bullet and do a real rebuild because it's fine if you suck for a year or two if you actually have a plan to be way better in year 3× then some scrub like Drew or Geno and 8-9/9-8.
This is like 95-2004 where we ran out Mirer, Friesz, Moon, Kitna and Matty Ice?

But then we went to a SB with that last guy (after 4 years of basically .500 ball).

I don't look down on the 9-8 teams, especially when I don't consider Geno a scrub. Pittsburgh is in 9-8 hell because their QBs are scrubs. To be fair, Pittsburgh also spent a 1st rd pick on a QB 2 years ago.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Totally is but I think IF we move up I like Mccarthy out of the realistic options Maye is WAY raw and no damn way we get the other 2. I'd much rather trade down and take a chance on whoever is there hopefully in the 2nd maybe 3rd?

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
I'm not trying to be negative but I really want a total change in direction and philosophy if that happens I'm totally fine with sucking for 2 years maybe even 3 years if I see the bullshit of Pete the last 7 years is gone. To me Geno is totally indicative of this. Hell, nobody in the NFL wants him or Drew. JS better get way smarter fast. I'm solid in my job but I definitely think he's not.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
I'll take sucking for a few years to be great. I might just be more optimistic that this team is a few defensive players away from competing now. If they trade DK and draft JJ at #5 I'll be like ... ok... this is what we're doing. I think MM and JS are worth trusting.

BASF

Reaction score
Calling DK a generational talent destroys credibility. He can not possibly be put on anyone's top ten for current receivers. Highest I could find him on lists was fourteenth. Generational talent as a body builder maybe, but receiver is more than size and speed.

Hawknight

Reaction score
Calling DK a generational talent destroys credibility. He can not possibly be put on anyone's top ten for current receivers. Highest I could find him on lists was fourteenth. Generational talent as a body builder maybe, but receiver is more than size and speed.
But if you traded him to a team with the right build, with a capable QB etc, would that change the outcome to a top ten?

Wsumatt1982

Reaction score
So more 8-9/9-8 mediocrity awesome. The thing about getting a QotF is you actually have to take a risk and actually draft a quarterback or you get to have a backup scrub like Geno who will never be in a Superbowl unless for some ridiculous reason Kansas City or someone signed him as a backup and you all know that isn't happening in this universe.
The first words out of my mouth when we beat the cardinals last game of the season was “F*** another season of mediocrity” I’m saying we shouldn’t draft a QB. I’m just looking at the roster today. Limited draft picks and QB (I can’t stand seeing Geno, I want a different QB more than anybody)

I’m just stating we have far bigger needs right now than a QB.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
A 5th? Are you talking about DK or Geno?
Geno I figure DK could get a 2nd but he’s not the issue Geno is totally indicative of bone deep rot and mess Pete caused I'm very close to hatred but I'm very hopeful these young guys will erase my current bitterness so I'm totally willing to wait through 2-3 years of really bad teams if the payoff is a total different culture and similar results to Detroit for example.