Poll: If they draft a qb, who will it be?

If they draft a qb, who will it be?

• Williams

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Daniels

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Maye

Votes: 3 2.4%
  • McCarthy

Votes: 27 21.4%
  • Penix

Votes: 47 37.3%
  • Nix

Votes: 17 13.5%
  • Other

Votes: 26 20.6%

• Total voters

seabowl

Reaction score
It’s come out that JS likes Daniels but I’m leaning towards Nix with Penix second. I think we will move up into round two to grab a guy like Nix or even move down late in round one to take him.

DirectMessage

Reaction score
Unless the QB they want falls to them they probably will draft the best available player on either side of the ball, tbh. Or trade back. Hard to say if there is a run on QB's this year or not. Depends on who they move in a trade before the draft. I'm hoping they can trade Metcalf for some picks.

Last edited:

NoGain

Reaction score
I really don't have a clue. I don't think they're going to attempt to trade up for one of the top three QB's, don't think they have the draft capital to do it without really compromising themselves. Does anybody really have an idea of whom JS might like in the next tier of QB's, Nix, Penix, McCarthy, etc...? What I do know is that they're both preparing and posturing as if they just as well may not draft one of the top 6-7 or so QB's as well as they might.

DirectMessage

Reaction score
I really don't have a clue. I don't think they're going to attempt to trade up for one of the top three QB's, don't think they have the draft capital to do it without really compromising themselves. Does anybody really have an idea of whom JS might like in the next tier of QB's, Nix, Penix, McCarthy, etc...? What I do know is that they're both preparing and posturing as if they just as well may not draft one of the top 6-7 or so QB's as well as they might.
Didn't the local radio or blog say they had talked to Michael Pratt from Tulane? Not sure where I heard that. 🤔

chris98251

Reaction score

Jordan Travis

Sam Hartman

Are two that could end up here, only because we have Geno and would let these guys develop. John values draft picks and with Geno in house I don't think he gives up any but more likely to try to get more, these two should be available come round three or later.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
Joe Milton. Maybe.

I doubt it's going to be anyone in the first three rounds.

Last edited:

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
Nix or Penix is my guess. could also see them trading back for more picks and not taking a QB at all. I predict Geno will struggle to learn the new offense.

Seahawker

Reaction score
I honestly would rather see John identify a QB with the frame, arm talent & wheels who is underrated and doesn't have the prolific college stats to warrant going high. Don't know who that would be but the 3rd, 4th or later would be his under the radar spot. Kind of a RW3 pick with more height, less big stage and the right mental toughness, mindset off the bat.
A guy who if he doesn't stick, won't be the Titanic sinking, but enough potential to take a shot on, maybe even to be backup QB for a all in 2025 QBOTF
They had better be careful, first round quarterbacks are far more likely to stunt a team's growth in their first 4-5 years than to lead them to playoff wins.
The Mahomes and Strouds are few & far between and this draft seems to hold some linemen we could use.
Dig deep. Milton college, Cal Poly deep.

CPHawk

Reaction score

Jordan Travis

Sam Hartman

Are two that could end up here, only because we have Geno and would let these guys develop. John values draft picks and with Geno in house I don't think he gives up any but more likely to try to get more, these two should be available come round three or later.
Not a fan at all of Hartman. Questionable arm strength and accuracy. Would much rather land Leary if we are taking a 4-5th round qb, or Milton who has all the tools but is very raw.

DirectMessage

Reaction score
Not a fan at all of Hartman. Questionable arm strength and accuracy. Would much rather land Leary if we are taking a 4-5th round qb, or Milton who has all the tools but is very raw.
Yeah watching Hartman's highlights shows he doesn't have arm. Milton helped his draft status with the combine. Devin Leary looked really good, but not sure about his deep ball. Don't think anyone changed their minds about JJ or Nix.

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
I honestly would rather see John identify a QB with the frame, arm talent & wheels who is underrated and doesn't have the prolific college stats to warrant going high. Don't know who that would be but the 3rd, 4th or later would be his under the radar spot. Kind of a RW3 pick with more height, less big stage and the right mental toughness, mindset off the bat.
A guy who if he doesn't stick, won't be the Titanic sinking, but enough potential to take a shot on, maybe even to be backup QB for a all in 2025 QBOTF
They had better be careful, first round quarterbacks are far more likely to stunt a team's growth in their first 4-5 years than to lead them to playoff wins.
The Mahomes and Strouds are few & far between and this draft seems to hold some linemen we could use.
Dig deep. Milton college, Cal Poly deep.
Yeah, I'm not mad at this. If we reach in the first its far more likely we end up with Mac Jones vs Pat Mahomes.

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
My gut feeling is JS likes Drake Maye best there has been some recent speculation that he may fall I don’t think the top 3 picks will be QBs. I could see JS trading up with Chicago for the #9 pick if Maye is still available. Trading from 16 to 9 is worth a 2024 2nd rd pick or a 2025 1st rd. I have a feeling Poles would be willing to trade down for a 2025 1st rd pick

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
Because he struggles to process what he sees on the field resulting lots of late throws. our new OC like a lot of presnap movement to for the defense to show its cards, that only works if you know what you are looking at as a QB.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
How would any of us know what JS is thinking?

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
My gut feeling is JS likes Drake Maye best there has been some recent speculation that he may fall I don’t think the top 3 picks will be QBs. I could see JS trading up with Chicago for the #9 pick if Maye is still available. Trading from 16 to 9 is worth a 2024 2nd rd pick or a 2025 1st rd. I have a feeling Poles would be willing to trade down for a 2025 1st rd pick
I’ll take that trade and draft Powers-Johnson for the Bears.

rjas77

Reaction score
Unless the QB they want falls to them they probably will draft the best available player on either side of the ball, tbh. Or trade back. Hard to say if there is a run on QB's this year or not. Depends on who they move in a trade before the draft. I'm hoping they can trade Metcalf for some picks.
I’m with you..draft the best player available in the 1st. Then if there’s a QB John likes, then pull the trigger even tho we don’t have a 2nd