POLL: Sticky Threads

How many sticky threads do you think are acceptable at any given time?

• None. I hate sticky threads regardless of topic or reason.

Votes: 3 6.0%
  • 1. Any more than 1 drives me nuts.

Votes: 3 6.0%

Votes: 7 14.0%

Votes: 15 30.0%

Votes: 12 24.0%
  • 5 or more! Bring it!

Votes: 10 20.0%

• Total voters

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
One of the things I've always been sensitive about is the amount of sticky threads. Usually, they are reserved for breaking news (i.e. "Seahawks Hire Mike Macdonald As New Head Coach") or Depth Chart and Roster Moves and the like. However, I've heard from some over the years that there can be too many stickied threads at times. So the poll is pretty simple. How many sticky threads do you think are acceptable at any given time? Also, feel free to provide your thoughts on the subject.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
2???.I usually forget they are even there. Usually it's things like the site rules and no hate/drama threads that get pinned which no one actually read....

ElvisInBlue

Reaction score
Think your criteria works: breaking roster moves, coaching hires, & draft picks.

Currently the Students of the Game sticky is really more of a candidate for a forum.

The coaching sticky should be clearer that its for Updates as the staff is assembled.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
I prefer to see fewer in general, but appreciate the option and idea, so I didn't vote. Throughout the season, big trades and our fantastic roster moves thread are great to keep stickied.

However, there are times having 10-15 may be appropriate, such as draft picks. I love when we have a single sticky thread for each pick and people can comment there, cheer, and post highlight videos or press conference news. A couple weeks after the draft, unsticky them and let conversation move on. This treats them like headline news which falls off later. Adopt-a-Rookie may fit there, and certainly any "games," giveaways, or contests can be placed there during the season.

I think you all have done a fine job, so keep at it.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
I don't see a need for a limit. It all depends on what is "Seahawk important" at that particular time.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I agree there should be a limit, but it really depends upon what is going on with the team and the need to ensure the faithful here get the info.

sutz

Reaction score
I voted 4, but I'm flexible about it. Should be minimized or it dominates the first page of the board, but for important shit, there should be stickies done.

Usually, popular topics have enough posts to keep them around on the first page, though.

chris98251

Reaction score
Really don't go into any sticky threads after they announce the new Seagals, but other then that 4, unless it's draft time then as many as we have picks for a week or so is fine.

kidhawk

Reaction score
I didn’t vote but mainly because it really depends on what is going on. Some threads deserve to be stickied almost permanently (such as the roster thread). While others are good to have there for a short period.