Votes: 104 39.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Seymour

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":3r0ycyqq said:
Hawk_Nation":3r0ycyqq said:
The only way any of the coaches leave is to take other jobs, Pete as many know is loyal to a fault.

Is it loyalty or are these coaches doing what Pete is telling them to do?

Exactly. There comes a time and point where it is time to face the reality that Pete is behind what we are seeing. I don't care who the OC is you put out there, behind that oline we will struggle to be a .500 team. Cable is run game coordinator and there is no run game. So Wilson gets teed off on.

Cable had the most rope and the biggest failures in draft and FA signings. He must go first. The OC is running what Pete wants so if you don't like it, then Pete is your man.

original poster

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":2j128ek2 said:
Oh we’re blaming Bevell now for a 42-7 loss, good to see.

Almost like a lot of fans refused to acknowledge how beat to hell this roster was and they finally found a coach and a team ready to exploit all these weaknesses that have been there since losing 4 Pro Bowlers with a 5th guy seriously hobbled.

I think the team needs an overhaul, but lol at blaming yesterday on Bevell

I'm struggling to see how you can't blame Bevell in honesty. Could you elaborate please?

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
The primary problem is the offensive philosophy, not the playbook, and the philosophy is run by Pete. Let Bevell go and you'll just get another OC who's restricted to taking deep shots all the time, especially if the run game stops working. Bevell is a couple layers down in the list of problems on this team.

Str8OuttaSkittles

Reaction score
cable is number 1 without a doubt i hate bevell as much as the next guy but he does sometimes come up with the goods getting rid of cable bringing someone new in refreshes his brain though i kinda doubt it

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Joyodongo":2gi7ppod said:
I think all coaching staff should be fired, starting with Pete. With arguably the best roster of the NFL in 5-6 years they have achieved one championship. Not a disaster, but subpar.

Lol. Okay, so besides Pete who would have gotten us two Super Bowls in the last 6 years?

Sign37now

Reaction score
Bevell should have been gone five minutes after 49. And if Pete approved the worst play call in football history, he should have been gone too.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
original poster":3naik3dj said:
Hasselbeck":3naik3dj said:

Almost like a lot of fans refused to acknowledge how beat to hell this roster was and they finally found a coach and a team ready to exploit all these weaknesses that have been there since losing 4 Pro Bowlers with a 5th guy seriously hobbled.

I'm struggling to see how you can't blame Bevell in honesty. Could you elaborate please?

We would have been dismembered yesterday with Josh McDaniels or Kyle Shanahan dialing up plays. They gave up 4 touchdowns to one man and one of those came on a 3rd and 20 when the Rams were satisfied to be up 27-0 heading into half. But yep, totally all on Bevell..

mistaowen

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1hzbly2r said:
original poster":1hzbly2r said:
Hasselbeck":1hzbly2r said:

We would have been dismembered yesterday with Josh McDaniels or Kyle Shanahan dialing up plays. They gave up 4 touchdowns to one man and one of those came on a 3rd and 20 when the Rams were satisfied to be up 27-0 heading into half. But yep, totally all on Bevell..

Context of the game. Defense held the Rams to two field goals and Hawks offense did absolutely nothing to respond. Then the huge punt return got them the ball at the 1 (after another awful offensive series). Defense certainly gave up some big plays but Russell at one time had 24 pass attempts for 25 yards, a lot of them on playcalls that had basically all 3 WR running straight down the field. Looking for the big play instead of consistently moving the ball and keeping a depleted defense off the field was absolutely a problem yesterday. Everyone knew they couldn't rely on the defense and offense needed to show an ounce of life and went into half time with 0 points. Game was over already.

This isn't some fluke. The offense SUCKS for 2/3 of every game this year outside of Texans and maybe Eagles.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Yes, and it should have happened since SB 49. Statistically it was the right call, but it was not the team persona of (we're gonna do what we want to do, try and stop us). Since then not firing him as a scapegoat showed the FO did not take accountability for that loss. It prevented the chance for the team to mentally start back over and buy back in. And yeah same problems over and over for the next few years that became more and more apparent as defensive got less effective as well as the run game.

The way I see it. If Bevell (and possibly Cable) are not gone this offseason. Then it's going to be Pete on the hot seat next year. Having them gon ethis offseason buys Pete a year. It sounds crazy but the writing is on the wall.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
Bevell is no world beater, but the clear weak link in the coaching chain is Cable. He is simply terrible. Week 15 and players still can't figure out their assignments. We STILL can't pick up a stunt nor delayed blitz.

Does anyone have a single good reason for retaining Cable? Honestly. I'm not going to jump down your throat, I'm genuinely curious as to what it could be?

Seymour

Reaction score
CodeWarrior":1qb4jbu2 said:
Bevell is no world beater, but the clear weak link in the coaching chain is Cable. He is simply terrible. Week 15 and players still can't figure out their assignments. We STILL can't pick up a stunt nor delayed blitz.

Does anyone have a single good reason for retaining Cable? Honestly. I'm not going to jump down your throat, I'm genuinely curious as to what it could be?

Talk to Hawk2017. He defends Cable like the jackel defends Damien. I'm sure he can enlighten you about the fine things Cable has done for our team. :179422:

I no longer can see his post because I got tired of losing my lunch. :pukeface:

inda2o6

Reaction score
I think all of the coordinators should be hired away from the Seahawks. That seems like the only way they will leave the Seahawks. Hopefully some teams form the NFL & College come and offer the 3 jobs they wonvt turn down. Pete won't push them out the door. Now, if they were players, their jobs wouldn't be safe. It's because, players don't execute the plays that are perfectly designed, by our masterfull grand planners, Darrell Bevell, and Kris Richards. Yes, players have to execute, but health is another thing to factor in. Players get tired, and play becomes sloppy. The defense hits, but forget to wrap them up for a tackle. That's a sign of fatigue, one side of the team isn't performing up to their "potential" and it hurts the other side. The Philosiphy of the team used to be, Build a lead, Pound the ball to kill the clock, and attack the competition when we know they have to throw. Now, it's, Stay close in the game and hope for the 4th quater offensive outburst. The Seahawks changed, when they lost beast mode and the mentality he brought. They lost the fear of the opponents, when they went pass 1st. Beast Mode, covered for the ineptitude of the offensive line. You know, it's bad when an :sarcasm_on: offensive genius like Darrell Bevell :sarcasm_off: , can't design plays that work for a former pro-bowl tightend.
Side note, i'm wonder how i can block siouxhawks comments when, people use his comments in the section to reply. Kind of hard to get away from the fandom of Darrell.

dbsn2420

Reaction score
Bev is responsible for a few head scracher calls, but what's he supposed to call when it's 3rd and double digits all day? A lot of those decisions are made on the field by Russ, should we get rid of him too?

As much as I'd like to see a fresh philosophy, getting rid of Bev guarantees nothing. I think this is more about trying to run an offensive philosophy without the players to get it done. We have an oline that can't run block or pass protect. We have a lead running back that was like #5 on the depth chart. That's more Pete's and Cable's fault then Bev's.

We all knew the O-Line was an issue last off season, they passed up addressing it comprehensively in the draft and selected a D-lineman who can't get on the field and is currently more of an issue then an asset. That's on Schneider.

We also have a kicker largely responsible for at least 2 losses if not 3, that's on Schneider as well.

All that said, they still have an opportunity to squeek into the post season.

HansGruber

Reaction score
I'm ready to see Pete go. Hate to say it but he hasn't fired Bevell and that should have happened years ago.

Without an 1985 Bears type defense, this team is doomed because we have absolutely no offense and haven't had one in years. Our entire offensive production has been Russell Wilson dealing with breakdown of yet another crappy play call and making magic on the fly. Literally. People were talking MVP because of it.

Every offensive play call looks like a 12 year old playing Madden. The drive after the interception we called 2 deep Hail Mary's in a row. The defense looked defeated on the sideline after that 3 and out. Being at the game, you could see the defeat along the sideline.

The defense might have played like crap but they have injuries as an excuse. The offense is healthy, no such excuses. It wasn't just poor execution, it just looked like an uninspired haphazard game plan on offense. It looked like they didn't care. Every single play call was predictable and looked like we were either quitting or making a desperate hail Mary. And it always looks like this.

Seriously. Pete needs to go.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":1b98u9ss said:
Incomplete is a grade on a report card. Being a team game, it's futile to grade an individual coaching effort that is dependent on performance from his players. Many of our parts didn't work Sunday and you saw the outcome.

Oh, for Christ's sake. If it was futile to grade individual coaching efforts, no teams would ever make any coaching changes because they couldn't tell if they were good or bad.

Ambrose83

Reaction score
dbsn2420":6vemms27 said:
Bev is responsible for a few head scracher calls, but what's he supposed to call when it's 3rd and double digits all day? A lot of those decisions are made on the field by Russ, should we get rid of him too?

As much as I'd like to see a fresh philosophy, getting rid of Bev guarantees nothing. I think this is more about trying to run an offensive philosophy without the players to get it done. We have an oline that can't run block or pass protect. We have a lead running back that was like #5 on the depth chart. That's more Pete's and Cable's fault then Bev's.

We all knew the O-Line was an issue last off season, they passed up addressing it comprehensively in the draft and selected a D-lineman who can't get on the field and is currently more of an issue then an asset. That's on Schneider.

We also have a kicker largely responsible for at least 2 losses if not 3, that's on Schneider as well.

All that said, they still have an opportunity to squeek into the post season.

Are you kidding ? Bev is responsible for that joke of an offense... do we ever use the intermediate throws? It's either bubble screens, no real screens btw... or long developing go routes w no outlet.. with a line that can't block and receivers that can't get separation....

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
As JimmyG said, there were a multitude of problems in the Rams loss and laying it all at the feet of Bevell is just lazy analysis. It's rudimentary scapegoating in all its grasping-for-straws glory.

Bevell designs a solid gameplan and makes intuitive callls when given complete freedom to do so. But that rarely happens.

I'd like to see Pete take the training wheels off the offense and let Bevell go wild. It would be a cataclysmic shift in philosophy, but I think the time is here to build around Russell as he enters the prime of his career.

Ambrose83

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":1538k95g said:
As JimmyG said, there were a multitude of problems in the Rams loss and laying it all at the feet of Bevell is just lazy analysis. It's rudimentary scapegoating in all its grasping-for-straws glory.

Bevell designs a solid gameplan and makes intuitive callls when given complete freedom to do so. But that rarely happens.

I'd like to see Pete take the training wheels off the offense and let Bevell go wild. It would be a cataclysmic shift in philosophy, but I think the time is here to build around Russell as he enters the prime of his career.

How can you take yourself seriously... the level of homer denial you post with is simply astounding. Truly is.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Ambrose83":35lfpisw said:
Siouxhawk":35lfpisw said:

How can you take yourself seriously... the level of homer denial you post with is simply astounding. Truly is.
Why do you say denial? About every macro stat backs my stance up. For starters, Bev owns the best winning % for an OC in Hawks history.

Status
Not open for further replies.