Poll: If they draft a qb, who will it be?

If they draft a qb, who will it be?

• Williams

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Daniels

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Maye

Votes: 3 2.4%
  • McCarthy

Votes: 27 21.4%
  • Penix

Votes: 47 37.3%
  • Nix

Votes: 17 13.5%
  • Other

Votes: 26 20.6%

• Total voters

DarkVictory23

Reaction score
Getting rid of Adams, Diggs and Dissly indicated rebuild whether anyone accepts or not. With current cap space, areas of need and the current QB situation does not indicate any playoffs for at least a season, perhaps even two. Other cuts/restructures and what are forthcoming and will show growing pains for this team in the season ahead. Having a lack of a 2nd rounder in the upcoming draft is hurting us quite a bit, it's the elephant in the room and gives us little to no wiggle room for what we can do draft wise. Unless MM and JS pull some magic out of the hat, which could happen, but the quickest way of rebuilding is cutting some of our veterans, i.e. Lockett, Metcalf and get younger, there may even be a few others to let go. Sometimes letting go some of your core players may hurt in the near interim, but will help the team grow in the future ahead. Crazy as it may sound, yes, Metcalf is a generational player, no doubt whatsoever, but if you don't have the team currently to take you all the way, his general worth currently will pay dividends later and in all fairness, let him play somewhere else where he can maximize his skills now and not waste it on a rebuild, as selfish as that would be. Just my 2 cents here, that is all. Unless I"m mistaken, our current QB and DK don't seem to mesh all so well anyways.
I'm still trying to figure out why getting rid of Adams, Diggs, Dissly means 'rebuild'. When are we rebuilding? Diggs, Dissly, and Mone (just released) were all UFA in 2025. We could have done nothing with those guys and gotten the exact same amount of 2025 cap space as any of these moves did. Freeing up cap space in 2024 is useful if you plan to use that cap space in 2024.

And our areas of need remain the same now as they were the day the season ended as they were when we went on a 4 game losing streak: We've needed to address safety, LBs, OL, and Geno's replacement. We still need the exact same things.

Our QB situation is the opposite of suggesting we don't want to go to the playoffs next year. Again: Cutting Geno would have been FREE a month ago. We restructured the guy to get $5 Mill in cap space when we could have saved his whole contract price. Why are we spending all this money (including incurring $13 mill in dead cap on the final year of his contract) on a QB who's not going to be here in 2-3 years only to cut all the receivers he's been throwing to?

Rebuild doesn't mean tanking. We need to get younger at WR because Tyler is old. We need to get a QB to replace Geno because Geno is old (and Drew Lock isn't looking like he's going to be able to be that guy). We need new safeties because Adams was a walking infirmary unit and Diggs was being vastly overpaid. None of this stuff happened because Macdonald showed up, it happened because time marches on and you always have to do these things.

chris98251

Reaction score
I'm still trying to figure out why getting rid of Adams, Diggs, Dissly means 'rebuild'. When are we rebuilding? Diggs, Dissly, and Mone (just released) were all UFA in 2025. We could have done nothing with those guys and gotten the exact same amount of 2025 cap space as any of these moves did. Freeing up cap space in 2024 is useful if you plan to use that cap space in 2024.

And our areas of need remain the same now as they were the day the season ended as they were when we went on a 4 game losing streak: We've needed to address safety, LBs, OL, and Geno's replacement. We still need the exact same things.

Our QB situation is the opposite of suggesting we don't want to go to the playoffs next year. Again: Cutting Geno would have been FREE a month ago. We restructured the guy to get $5 Mill in cap space when we could have saved his whole contract price. Why are we spending all this money (including incurring $13 mill in dead cap on the final year of his contract) on a QB who's not going to be here in 2-3 years only to cut all the receivers he's been throwing to?

Rebuild doesn't mean tanking. We need to get younger at WR because Tyler is old. We need to get a QB to replace Geno because Geno is old (and Drew Lock isn't looking like he's going to be able to be that guy). We need new safeties because Adams was a walking infirmary unit and Diggs was being vastly overpaid. None of this stuff happened because Macdonald showed up, it happened because time marches on and you always have to do these things.
I agree two guys that have injury history's, two guys that have high salaries, all getting paid more then producing now including Diggs who I like, also 2 of those guys would be considered long in the tooth and due to drastic drop off at their positions just needing to have speed and physicality which was Adams issue I think, much like Saunders in Indy a few years back.

So FA market depth on the roster and draft to fill 4 positions on top of the other 40 or so we will be looking for to reload.

Fade

Reaction score
I got 'em taking Rattler. Just trying to nail down what round.

I do hope they like one of the 1st round QBs, and they find a way to get him though.