Our "game speed" duo, Bobo and McIntosh

James in PA

Reaction score
Are you thinking of Tanner McEvoy? He was a big receiver who made the team back in something like 2016 and had a couple of good games, but then disappeared. I think he wore the same number, 19.
No. It wasn't a white dude. I want to say that Cleveland signed him after we cut him and everyone was up in arms. I think Richard Sherman said he did everything the team asked of him and couldn't believe he didn't make the 53. Fans were really up in arms and expected him to be a star. I think Cleveland (or whoever it was) cut him a few games in and he kind of just disappeared.

12AngryHawks

Reaction score
No. It wasn't a white dude. I want to say that Cleveland signed him after we cut him and everyone was up in arms. I think Richard Sherman said he did everything the team asked of him and couldn't believe he didn't make the 53. Fans were really up in arms and expected him to be a star. I think Cleveland (or whoever it was) cut him a few games in and he kind of just disappeared.
You're thinking of Kasen Williams.

GGotskill

Reaction score
There's always at least one guy that pops during preseason that fans irrationally love. Usually a scrappy RB or tall lanky WR. The last real big hype train I remember was Kasen Williams, had players spouting off on Twitter about him being cut.

Called it 😂

Mick063

Reaction score
Seattle is very deep at tight end. They already have three experienced Bobos. And yes, I'm suggesting that his best shot would be with a position switch. A sort of hybrid WR/TE. The next question is how consistently effective is his blocking?

Get on the practice squad, make the position switch, and there will likely be room next year for the traveling squad. I don't think Seattle is going to pay three veteran salaries for the tight end position next year. They need at least one of their tight ends on a rookie deal. I personally believe that is Bobo's best shot.

I would also like to add that the touchdown catch by Easop Winston Jr. was probably the most impressive catch of the day.

Last edited:

bileever

Reaction score
I think that one of the reasons why you put Bobo on the 53-man roster is that he won't survive a cut to the practice squad. I've read that many teams were interested in him, and that he had several pre-draft visits, including with the Rams, Steelers, Patriots and 49ers. That's why we had to pay him a $10,000 bonus to sign him as an UDFA.

12AngryHawks

Reaction score
I think that one of the reasons why you put Bobo on the 53-man roster is that he won't survive a cut to the practice squad. I've read that many teams were interested in him, and that he had several pre-draft visits, including with the Rams, Steelers, Patriots and 49ers. That's why we had to pay him a $10,000 bonus to sign him as an UDFA.

Obviously he's got something that plenty of other people/teams see. I don't care a whole lot if he's a 4.7 or 4.9 guy, you can tell he's been putting in the work, you can't take that for granted. I'm rooting for him to make the active roster. I agree with you that it's too risky trying to put him on the PS. I really don't want to see him playing for the Rams or 9ers.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Obviously he's got something that plenty of other people/teams see. I don't care a whole lot if he's a 4.7 or 4.9 guy, you can tell he's been putting in the work, you can't take that for granted. I'm rooting for him to make the active roster. I agree with you that it's too risky trying to put him on the PS. I really don't want to see him playing for the Rams or 9ers.
I'd take a surehanded slow WR who catches everything over a fast (4.2) WR who can only catch air and nothing else.

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
Bobo is super slow he’s basically a much slower version of Tanner McEvoy but what I like about Bobo are his routes and hands

jammerhawk

Reaction score
No need to cut Eskridge until after 6 games of the regular season have passed. He's doing a good job of cutting himself, as 'Mr. Unavailable'.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
Bobo is a FOOTBALL player, and a damn good one. Pete has said they like guys that bring unique skill sets and figure out how to fit them in to what they're doing. Every player doesn't need a comparison. Utilize what he does well. I definitely think he can help our football team.

GGotskill

Reaction score
I think that "slow" thing is overblown. When I watched Bobo play in this first preseason game, the things I thought about his play didn't include "slow."

The "slow" thing is why he was an UDFA. Now, that said, that doesn't mean he can't make it...but he would literally be the slowest WR in the league by quite a bit.

He will have to bring something else to the table. That's the good part, Bobo obviously has some good hands. But pretty much every other area of his game will need to take a big jump to make a real impact.

Scout

Reaction score
There is no way Bobo is a 5 second 40, he looks more like 4.6. There must have been some extenuating circumstances when he ran that time.
I am curious if next gen stats can provide us that answer at some point.

Latest posts