Our "game speed" duo, Bobo and McIntosh

Boohman14

Reaction score
Dang! We have some good problems on this squad. Anyone that suffered through the Tom Flores era know what it looks like when the cupboards are bare. It's great to have solid back-ups and change of pace options in the receiving corps.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Maybe. Either way, his game tape doesn't lie. He's not fast on tape, watch his college games. Read the scouting reports, no one is commenting on his speed as a positive. Apparently NFL teams didn't think he was that fast either, or he would have been drafted, considering how good his hands are...

That doesn't mean he can't be successful, just he has work to do.
He's a damned good receiver, just stop with the disparaging bummer crap, YOU DON'T KNOW how he might be used by Shane Waldren in his Offensive strategies; some players just might have the Football Smarts needed to put the Offense OVER THE TOP.
Bobo just maybe isn't the failure you keep harping him to be.
D'ya think just maybe those at the V-Mac might KNOW something WE ALL DON'T??

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
Maybe. Either way, his game tape doesn't lie. He's not fast on tape, watch his college games. Read the scouting reports, no one is commenting on his speed as a positive. Apparently NFL teams didn't think he was that fast either, or he would have been drafted, considering how good his hands are...

That doesn't mean he can't be successful, just he has work to do.

Fade

Reaction score
My initial impressions of Jake Bobo. His play reminds me of Joe Jurevicius (circa 2005).
I don't see it.

Jurevicius was a traditional big, physical WR that struggled to get separation but was a load when he got the ball in his hands.

Bobo glides and separates with ease.

I've yet to think of a proper player comp for Bobo as none ring any bells. He plays like a little crafty slot receiver but happens to do it in a 6'4" body is all I got for now.

Bobo isn't fast but he doesn't lose any speed when running his routes like he's been taking lessons from Largent or something.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
I don't see it.

Jurevicius was a traditional big, physical WR that struggled to get separation but was a load when he got the ball in his hands.

I've yet to think of a proper player comp for Bobo as none ring any bells. He plays like a little crafty slot receiver but happens to do it in a 6'4" body is all I got for now.

Bobo isn't fast but he doesn't lose any speed when running his routes like he's been taking lessons from Largent or something.
I will take a taller but may be somewhat slower Largent :)

GGotskill

Reaction score
He's a damned good receiver, just stop with the disparaging bummer crap,

Never said he wasn't?

YOU DON'T KNOW how he might be used by Shane Waldren in his Offensive strategies; some players just might have the Football Smarts needed to put the Offense OVER THE TOP.

Never said I knew how he was going to be used, or that he didn't have football smarts.

Bobo just maybe isn't the failure you keep harping him to be.

At no point did I say he was a failure.

D'ya think just maybe those at the V-Mac might KNOW something WE ALL DON'T??

Absolutely, I am stoked to see what the kid can do. Not sure where you got the impression I am down on Bobo. I just found the comparisons odd. That spun off into questions about his speed, that's all. Bobo looks like he has a real path to 53; I am rooting for him.

GGotskill

Reaction score
All UDFA got work to do, don't you think?

Yep, absolutely. Fortunately for Bobo, Seattle's front office has history of giving UDFAs a real shot at making the team. Sounds like he is making the most of his opportunity in training camp as well.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Yep, absolutely. Fortunately for Bobo, Seattle's front office has history of giving UDFAs a real shot at making the team. Sounds like he is making the most of his opportunity in training camp as well.
which UDFA should they have given a better shot?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I don't give a rip when someone was drafted or if they were drafted at all. You can either play or your can't. At first glance, Bobo has made a hell of an impression.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I don't see it.

You may not see it but Steve Smith Sr does. "I can see Jake Bobo kind've slowly integrating himself, where he might not be seen this year. He may catch 15-20 passes, but you won't be able to hold him back. He reminds me of a Joe Jurevicius, where he can do okay, go somewhere else and you'll say 'Man who is this, and where did he come from?"

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I don't see it.

This is a very good assessment of this player.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
You may not see it but Steve Smith Sr does. "I can see Jake Bobo kind've slowly integrating himself, where he might not be seen this year. He may catch 15-20 passes, but you won't be able to hold him back. He reminds me of a Joe Jurevicius, where he can do okay, go somewhere else and you'll say 'Man who is this, and where did he come from?"

Yep. I'll take the word of one of the best WR's we've ever seen.