Our "game speed" duo, Bobo and McIntosh

GGotskill

Reaction score
if he was 4.99 no matter how good of a route runner and how 'savvy' he is, every CB in college and the NFL would stick to him like glue.

The knock on his speed is no small thing, it was apparent when watching his college games. It's noted as his biggest weakness in every scouting report. It's why he wasn't drafted. All of that said, he clearly has talent despite his lack of speed. I am rooting for the kid.

CPHawk

Reaction score

UCLA Pro Day: Jake Bobo

Jake Bobo had a pretty good pro day starting off with a 40-yard dash like the rest of the players. I personally clocked him at an unofficial 4.67, which would seem about right for him. The biggest concern for him coming into the draft is his speed, so if he can work on improving that aspect of his game it’ll improve his stock. He showed off his great catch radius on the throwing drills catching nearly every pass thrown his way. Even when DTR didn’t throw him a perfect ball, he was able to reach for it to make the catch.

LINK
Should be noted he ran the 40 in the rain
Then where is the 4.99 coming from?

BlueTalon

Reaction score
It was his school's pro day, they would every reason to err in favor of Bobo.
You're missing the point. You seem to be treating Bobo as an outlier because of his slow time, rather than questioning or acknowledging that the 4.99 time could have itself been the outlier.
I believe his speed is consistently better than that, and the 4.99 was an outlier. Otherwise, as has been mentioned, he'd be slower than O-linemen.

GGotskill

Reaction score
Then where is the 4.99 coming from?

It's from his pro day.

You're missing the point. You seem to be treating Bobo as an outlier because of his slow time, rather than questioning or acknowledging that the 4.99 time could have itself been the outlier.
I believe his speed is consistently better than that, and the 4.99 was an outlier. Otherwise, as has been mentioned, he'd be slower than O-linemen.

The times are provided by the team itself. His timed drills were slow across the board, the 40 time is not an outlier from that standpoint. I have seen reports that it was raining a bit that day, that could have definitely impacted his time.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
The times are provided by the team itself. His timed drills were slow across the board, the 40 time is not an outlier from that standpoint. I have seen reports that it was raining a bit that day, that could have definitely impacted his time.
Again, you're missing the point. I didn't mean the 4.99 time was an outlier from that day, I meant that day was an outlier from his career.

GGotskill

Reaction score
Again, you're missing the point. I didn't mean the 4.99 time was an outlier from that day, I meant that day was an outlier from his career.

Maybe. Either way, his game tape doesn't lie. He's not fast on tape, watch his college games. Read the scouting reports, no one is commenting on his speed as a positive. Apparently NFL teams didn't think he was that fast either, or he would have been drafted, considering how good his hands are...

That doesn't mean he can't be successful, just he has work to do.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
The knock on his speed is no small thing, it was apparent when watching his college games. It's noted as his biggest weakness in every scouting report. It's why he wasn't drafted. All of that said, he clearly has talent despite his lack of speed. I am rooting for the kid.
Seems alot like Largent to me. Speed isn't everything

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
McIntosh is very versatile as a runner, receiver and ST so I am thinking he should make the team.

Bobo has a unique skill set as a possession WR and the competition for the last 2 or 3 WR spots is wide open.
I can’t wait til bobo gets cut and y’all go nuts like they did with Kasen Williams
I do hope he makes it because he has a unique skill set way better then Kasem Williams ever was.

Hawkmode

Reaction score
Then again I knew both DK and Lockett were homeruns immediately and said so years ago on this very exact forum but what do I know I'm just a girl.
You were definitely right about those two...I knew DK was a draft gift but Lockett was too. We are blessed with many WR types so a role for Jake Bobo can be carved out...his lack of track speed makes it hard for him to be an elite NFL WR but in the end it's how he benefits the team and how Shane Waldron schemes him into the offense. DK used his electric close the distance burst that caught up to Bubba baker *DK traveled 114.8 yds at a top speed of 22.64 MPH to catch Baker whose top speed was 21.27 according to NFL’s Next Gen Stats.

By comparison (from an older post I made)

We had a recent Seahawk interview which revealed our scouting team and those who have influence on our draft input to John Scneider liked what they saw on tape with McIntosh!

Matt Berry Senior Director of Player Personnel
"He's a guy that hit 21.4 miles per hour on tape in the fall and then did not work out well," Berry said. "For whatever reason, his spring from a combine-testing standpoint didn't go well and I think that's what hit him."

keasley45

Reaction score

Steve Smith was at practice and took notice of Mr Bobo. He used words like 'unstoppable' and compared him to J Jeravicius - not a bad comp. Would be great if he replicated Joe's performance for a few years.

Exciting times!