Our "game speed" duo, Bobo and McIntosh

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
Apparently, Bobo ran the 40 during his pro day, in the pouring rain with terrible field conditions. This article suggests his real time is closer to 4.6:

This article also states that Bobo is a "power slot," a position that is neither tight end or wide receiver, but something in between. Travis Kelce, this article contends, is a power slot. The power slot creates all kinds of match-up issues and is difficult to defend. Other power slots are Chris Godwin, Mike Evans, and Michael Thomas. Very interesting.
Nice article, thanks for sharing. Now I am even more fired up for Bobo.

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
Dareke Young is 4th on the first depth chart released with obviously DK, Lockett and JSN ahead. Bobo needs to show out to supplant Dareke Young. But I like Bobo for a 5th option at receiver due to being slow of foot but I like his size. Too big for receiver yet not big enough for tight end

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
Dareke Young is 4th on the first depth chart released with obviously DK, Lockett and JSN ahead. Bobo needs to show out to supplant Dareke Young. But I like Bobo for a 5th option at receiver due to being slow of foot but I like his size. Too big for receiver yet not big enough for tight end
Bobo was listed at 6'4" and 206 lbs, but he sure looked bigger than 206lbs on a 6'4" frame:

olyfan63

Reaction score
I can’t wait til bobo gets cut and y’all go nuts like they did with Kasen Williams
Kasen Williams was a totally different situation. His game was based on athleticism, not football IQ.
Bobo could still get cut, but it would be more for physical limitations.
I get what you're saying though, getting overly attached to "camp bodies" sets us up for disappointment.

There was another WR a few years ago, maybe 5 to 7 years ago, UDFA or late rounder, that made an impression in TC but got cut, to howls of protest on .NET. Can't remember the dude's name, but he didn't ever light it up elsewhere. If there is one position group the Seahawks braintrust has consistently done well on over the years, despite a few misses, it's WRs.

Misses: Gary Jennings Jr., 4th rd; Amara Darboh, 3rd rd; (Hit on David Moore, 7th rd); Kevin Norwood, 4th rd; Chris Harper, 4th rd
Mixed: Paul Richardson, 2nd rd; Kris Durham, 4th rd (Durham later had one decent year with Detroit)

JPatera76

Reaction score
Kasen Williams was a totally different situation. His game was based on athleticism, not football IQ.
I get what you're saying though, getting overly attached to "camp bodies" sets us up for disappointment.

There was another WR a few years ago, maybe 5 to 7 years ago, UDFA or late rounder, that made an impression in TC but got cut, to howls of protest on .NET. Can't remember the dude's name, but he didn't ever light it up elsewhere. If there is one position group the Seahawks braintrust has consistently done well on over the years, despite a few misses, it's WRs.

Misses: Gary Jennings Jr., 4th rd; Amara Darboh, 3rd rd; (Hit on David Moore, 7th rd); Kevin Norwood, 4th rd; Chris Harper, 4th rd
Mixed: Paul Richardson, 2nd rd; Kris Durham, 4th rd (Durham later had one decent year with Detroit)
Chris Matthews?

olyfan63

Reaction score
Chris Matthews?
Appreciate the guess, but not him. Matthews actually played a big-time role in multiple playoff games.
The dude I'm thinking of never got a regular season rep here. IIRC, he was a big fast athlete type, who looked good in camp drills. I think it might be Jordan Kent, a 6'4 6th rounder. Or someone else that same year.

Last edited:

Smellyman

Reaction score
I think Bobo = a bigger Brandon Stokley

Brandon Stokley, in 2004, caught 68 passes for 1,077 yards and 10 touchdowns, easily the best statistical season of his NFL career.

I remember his short stint in Seattle, he ALWAYS found the open area. Had a serious knack for that.

lol insert white guy who is no where near similar to Bobo

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score

Tall Jazz Ferguson performed in TC and preseason games.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Tall Jazz Ferguson performed in TC and preseason games.
Yes!! That's the WR dude I was thinking of. Thanks for chiming in!
Jazz Ferguson, 6'5" 223, 4.45 40 time.

He played in 4 games for Dallas in 2020, 9 catches for 54 yards.
Last seen in 2023 playing for DC Defenders of the XFL, 3 games, 1 reception for 27 yards.

OK, so he hasn't set the world on fire since being cut from the Seahawks.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
Yes!! That's the WR dude I was thinking of. Thanks for chiming in!
Jazz Ferguson, 6'5" 223, 4.45 40 time.

He played in 4 games for Dallas in 2020, 9 catches for 54 yards.
Last seen in 2023 playing for DC Defenders of the XFL, 3 games, 1 reception for 27 yards.

OK, so he hasn't set the world on fire since being cut from the Seahawks.
For that training camp and preseason games, frankly he shines as brightly if not brighter than DK.

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
McIntosh is very versatile as a runner, receiver and ST so I am thinking he should make the team.

Bobo has a unique skill set as a possession WR and the competition for the last 2 or 3 WR spots is wide open.
There's no way Bobo doesn't get a roster spot at this point. He's looking like the second coming of Joe Jurevicius out there.