Our "game speed" duo, Bobo and McIntosh

balakoth

Reaction score
Liked what I saw out of bobo... Geno saw the open Bobo before Lock did... thats even better.... Stokley, Joe Jur... maybe this is our guy?

GGotskill

Reaction score
Liked what I saw out of bobo... Geno saw the open Bobo before Lock did... thats even better.... Stokley, Joe Jur... maybe this is our guy?

Different athlete than both of those guys...are you making the comparison simply because he is white?

olyfan63

Reaction score
Terrific special teams play by Bobo on downing that punt at the 1 yard line... only to have a following teammate screw up his brilliant play.

GGotskill

Reaction score
Terrific special teams play by Bobo on downing that punt at the 1 yard line... only to have a following teammate screw up his brilliant play.

Bobo stepped on the line as well, just barely. Could see it on the replay.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Different athlete than both of those guys...are you making the comparison simply because he is white?
Isn't Bobo's size 6'4 and build similar to 6'5 Jurevicius? Maybe add a few more pounds, but I can see the comparison. Stokley, not so much, other than maybe football IQ? And Toffee, yes, Bobo seems bigger than 205ish on that frame, more like at least 215. Looks like he could block, or at least slow down, LBs.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Jake Bobo certainly staked a claim to roster spot tonight.

I liked his ST hustle as well.

Still lots of camp to go, still lots of time to tail off or be outplayed by others. He truly did have a solid night tonight.

balakoth

Reaction score
Pardon me.. Would say I'm not TRYING to be rude.. but are you ******* kidding me? Thats your take from that you genius?

You mean a 6'5 Receiver who ran a 4.6 around 230... Sorry I ****** up with the Stokley height part.. but still same metrics.. and yes played power slot for us...

YOU... again YOU are the ONLY mfer who made it about race.. when Joe clearly is the closest to compare to have SUCCESS with us.

Honestly, stfu

GGotskill

Reaction score
Isn't Bobo's size 6'4 and build similar to 6'5 Jurevicius? Maybe add a few more pounds, but I can see the comparison. Stokley, not so much, other than maybe football IQ? And Toffee, yes, Bobo seems bigger than 205ish on that frame, more like at least 215. Looks like he could block, or at least slow down, LBs.

Height is about the only area they are similar. JJ was a better athlete for his size (about 30-40 pounds heavier).

Last edited:

GGotskill

Reaction score
Pardon me.. Would say I'm not TRYING to be rude.. but are you ******* kidding me? Thats your take from that you genius?

?

You mean a 6'5 Receiver who ran a 4.6 around 230..

6-5 vs 6-4. Bobo ran a 4.9 at 210. Much different than 4.6 at 230-240.

. Sorry I ****** up with the Stokley height part.. but still same metrics.. and yes played power slot for us...
Stokely was not a "power slot", and in no way a comp for either JJ or Bobo.

YOU... again YOU are the ONLY mfer who made it about race.. when Joe clearly is the closest to compare to have SUCCESS with us.

Honestly, stfu

You haven't looked into either player very deeply to compare the two that way. JJ was a second round draft pick because he was a freak athlete for his size (for the era). Bobo is not that.

So you made two poor comparisons, where the ONLY commonality is their skin color. That's on you.

balakoth

Reaction score
?

6-5 vs 6-4. Bobo ran a 4.9 at 210. Much different than 4.6 at 230-240.

Stokely was not a "power slot", and in no way a comp for either JJ or Bobo.

You haven't looked into either player very deeply to compare the two that way. JJ was a second round draft pick because he was a freak athlete for his size (for the era). Bobo is not that.

So you made two poor comparison, where the ONLY commonality is their skin color. That's on you.
Nope strictly on you. IQ, Size, speed and the actual role they played. Power slot isn't dictated strictly on a role comp, its a position style, and when Stokley was relevant thats the role he was playing... the game evolves

Don't really care about your opinion at this point; we can fwd the discussion onto other things.

GGotskill

Reaction score
Nope strictly on you. IQ, Size, speed and the actual role they played.

You haven't actually cited any reason for believing any of this stuff. Bobo and JJ are both tall. That's it.

Power slot isn't dictated strictly on a role comp, its a position style, and when Stokley was relevant thats the role he was playing... the

Power slot means exactly jack shit which is why I put it in quotes. Stokely vs JJ...what are you smoking?

game evolves

Don't really care about your opinion at this point; we can fwd the discussion onto other things.

Sure.

NoGain

Reaction score
As a soon-to-be former PAC 12 guy, I saw Bobo play a bunch. He was almost always impressive at some point during the game. I kind of forgot about him through the off season, became an afterthought, but then he showed up on our squad.

It's not surprising to me that he did well tonight. I saw that a lot from him in college. Not saying he's going to be a real player or anything, but I could see him making the team.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Who do you think he reminds you of? Obviously Staley makes no sense, way different type of player.

Last edited: