Our "game speed" duo, Bobo and McIntosh

toffee

Reaction score
When it comes to track speed, Jake Bobo's 4.99 sec, and McIntosh's 4.62 sec were slowest in our WR and RB corp.? but they didn't look slow in their highlights, perhaps both have good game speed and high football IQ?

I am very intrigued by these two rookies, hoping that they both make the team. Do you think they could make the cut?

Last edited:

Scout

Reaction score
McIntosh is very versatile as a runner, receiver and ST so I am thinking he should make the team.

Bobo has a unique skill set as a possession WR and the competition for the last 2 or 3 WR spots is wide open.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
UDFAs making the team is always welcome and refreshing. I'm rooting for Bobo and Cooper to make it.

McIntosh is not necessarily a lock but he's more likely than not to make the final cut.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
Bobo is truly unusual, he is slow, his 40 time is more like a tight end, but he is not bulky enough to be one. However, when he played, he was effective, in college and in our training camp.

Could it be that he has been compensating with high football IQ and skill?

12AngryHawks

Reaction score
I don't put much stock in 40 times when it comes to players who are projected to be 4th on the depth chart. We got Lockett & Metcalf at WR and Kenneth Walker at RB, to be the home run guys. If Bobo & McIntosh can sustain drives, that's fine by me.

Mick063

Reaction score
McIntosh = Lock

I would bet he has a better chance to make the team than many other players including some veterans.

Reason 1) He is cheap
Reason 2) He is good
Reason 3) He has Chris Carson speed (Good enough)

Bobo has a chance to make the 53 until Eskridge is eligible. Not a lock.

Last edited:

ivotuk

Reaction score
I think Bobo = a bigger Brandon Stokley

Brandon Stokley, in 2004, caught 68 passes for 1,077 yards and 10 touchdowns, easily the best statistical season of his NFL career.

I remember his short stint in Seattle, he ALWAYS found the open area. Had a serious knack for that.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
I think Bobo = a bigger Brandon Stokley

Brandon Stokley, in 2004, caught 68 passes for 1,077 yards and 10 touchdowns, easily the best statistical season of his NFL career.

I remember his short stint in Seattle, he ALWAYS found the open area. Had a serious knack for that.

If Bobo can have a Stokley kind of career, he would be doing well for himself. Stokley was quite a bit faster than Bobo though, 4.49 vs 4.99

BASF

Reaction score
As I have stated, some of the athletes have poor preparation for the combine with trainers who can not deliver on their claims of getting the athletes ready. This happened to McIntosh. His underwear Olympics performance was not indicative of his actual speed. I do not know if it happened to Bobo as I don't really know much about him.

Boohman14

Reaction score
As I have stated, some of the athletes have poor preparation for the combine with trainers who can not deliver on their claims of getting the athletes ready. This happened to McIntosh. His underwear Olympics performance was not indicative of his actual speed. I do not know if it happened to Bobo as I don't really know much about him.
Mac's College game performances were stellar. I couldn't believe he was still there when we picked him. If he can stay healthy he will be a threat and we'll have a hard time justifying him riding the bench. The guy is explosive in the screen game. He sheds tackles and he'll move the chains.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
MY OPINION:-> They BOTH make the cut, and BOTH flourish.
So far there is no question that McIntosh make the team. I thought as well he was a pure draft steal as a 7th round pick, having played so well for Georgia. He certainly flashed playing speed in college.

Bono otoh has certainly played well in camp and at UCLA and we will need to see if he could grab a coveted WR spot. I’m positive for both as each of them have reasons for proving they were overlooked b/c they didn’t run a fast combine 40.

I like the rumbles around Bono and certainly could see him being kept by the team or brought back to the PS upon clearing waivers and eventually making the team. Eskridge has for sure opened the door of opportunity to a player who can push through it.

The team has a good solid and strong WR corps and beyond the first 3 (Lockett, Metcalf, Smith-Njigba) the genuine reality is competition is fierce for 2 or 3 roster spots that are remaining and value beyond being a receiver is key.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
Bobo may never develop into a YSC machine, but he seems to have good hands and great football iq

bileever

Reaction score
Apparently, Bobo ran the 40 during his pro day, in the pouring rain with terrible field conditions. This article suggests his real time is closer to 4.6:

This article also states that Bobo is a "power slot," a position that is neither tight end or wide receiver, but something in between. Travis Kelce, this article contends, is a power slot. The power slot creates all kinds of match-up issues and is difficult to defend. Other power slots are Chris Godwin, Mike Evans, and Michael Thomas. Very interesting.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
When it comes to track speed, Jake Bobo's 4.99 sec, and McIntosh's 4.62 sec were slowest in our WR and RB corp.? but they didn't look slow in their highlights, perhaps both have good game speed and high football IQ?

I am very intrigued by these two rookies, hoping that they both make the team. Do you think they could make the cut?
I think you are putting way too much stock in a single recorded combine performance that was likely flawed to begin with.

LTH

Reaction score

I'm liking Bobo and I like McIntosh but I really like Bobo I think he has a legit chance to at least make the practice squad... Mac is going to make some plays this year. Let's just hope all the rooks keep it together and make some plays and keep the mistakes to a minimum... Carroll said bud Grant used to say you lose one game per starting rookie. Let's hope that's NOT THE CASE.

LTH

Throwdown

Reaction score
I can’t wait til bobo gets cut and y’all go nuts like they did with Kasen Williams