Jared Allen in town

Status
Not open for further replies.

ErikG803

Reaction score
Well it seems our Field Gulls source was legit, then. So the Seahawks are really bringing Jimmy Graham's name into a discussion with Jared Allen? Of course it could have come up in numerous ways, but the obvious one would be detailing a plan to entice Allen by mentioning their machinations as far as Jimmy Graham goes.... Hmmmmmmm

HawksSoc

Reaction score
Bitter":2n1c9m4m said:
This is the attitude I don't get. If he determines he is only going to get 7 or 8 million he will walk away over the 4 million rather than banking 8 million for a years work and a good shot at a championship?

I don't get it either, he signed and then earned every penny of a 72million quid contract with the Vikes, he has money, is he just uninterested in trying to get a ring? I woulda thought striving to be the best is what drives professional sports people, especially because he doesn't have to worry about taking care of his family now.

KK84

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":2keg0js6 said:
KK84":2keg0js6 said:
I rarely eat from those fast food places anymore. Cheesesteaks everyday!

YES with provolone and jalapenos. Damn right, sir.

I prefer whiz and onions, but to each his own. There is no wrong way to eat a cheesesteak, unless you violate it with ketchup.

Ziggyy108

Reaction score
ErikG803":1f5hm0gy said:
Well it seems our Field Gulls source was legit, then. So the Seahawks are really bringing Jimmy Graham's name into a discussion with Jared Allen? Of course it could have come up in numerous ways, but the obvious one would be detailing a plan to entice Allen by mentioning their machinations as far as Jimmy Graham goes.... Hmmmmmmm

What was said about Jimmy Graham???

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
KK84":2wpqzzui said:
Smelly McUgly":2wpqzzui said:
KK84":2wpqzzui said:

I prefer whiz and onions, but to each his own. There is no wrong way to eat a cheesesteak, unless you violate it with ketchup.

Spoken like a true lover of cheesesteaks. I love onions on mine too, but I never did get the whiz thing. I know dudes from Philly that swear by it, though, so who am I to argue with them?

Someone did a short documentary where s/he interviewed people from Philly about the proper way to make a cheesesteak combined with exploring the history of them. I wish I could find that doc again; it was great.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
tacocat.jpg

Subzero717

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":2xemxoik said:
In-n-Out SUCKS. Those fries are garbage and the burgers are mediocre. I was so excited to try them for the first time, but their food is just terrible. On the other hand, they pay their workers above the norm and I hear that they really help their best employees move up to management, so they're a good company.

Crap food, though.

I make better burgers than any high-end fast food place like In-n-Out or Five Guys and better than most of brewpubs and restaurants too anyway. I have some Stone Porter ready to go in my 80/20 ground beef tonight.

In & Out is awesome. Their fries do suck. You do have to eat them right away though. They do treat their employees very well too. Always have. I don't get how so many here think I&O sucks so bad yet they have a twenty car line at every location all day long? It's fast food. I think some are expecting St. Elmos filet.

Carl's Jr. and Hardees are the same but different. I don't think at least from what I remember them (CJ) having hot dogs. They also now have a Green Burr attached to them. Not literally attached. They are in the same building. However when I was back east or Midwest I want to say I saw something like a Red something attached to a Hardees. I don't know if I'm misremembering.

Sonic anything not out of a straw sucks. Just like DQ.

Man there are a lot of Mods these days.

Jared Allen likes road kill. He even wrote a cook book. Probably why he don't need to play anymore. If I was him and saw what Peppers got from GB, damn skippy I'd be wanting to get at least that and probably more.

Subzero717

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":2jtysyog said:
KK84":2jtysyog said:
Smelly McUgly":2jtysyog said:
KK84":2jtysyog said:

Spoken like a true lover of cheesesteaks. I love onions on mine too, but I never did get the whiz thing. I know dudes from Philly that swear by it, though, so who am I to argue with them?

Someone did a short documentary where s/he interviewed people from Philly about the proper way to make a cheesesteak combined with exploring the history of them. I wish I could find that doc again; it was great.

There is a Philly place on MLk and Rainier that makes bomb Philly's. I think that is what it is called too.

Diezel Dawg

Reaction score
Jared Allen learned his money/retirement gig from his good buddy Brett Favre

ErikG803

Reaction score
Ziggyy108":1s3tya20 said:
ErikG803":1s3tya20 said:

The guy on FieldGulls who first tipped this story said that Allen, his agent, and a guy who does contracts for the Seahawks mentioned Jimmy Graham in their conversation

KK84

Reaction score
ErikG803":3042kgdp said:
Ziggyy108":3042kgdp said:
ErikG803":3042kgdp said:

The guy on FieldGulls who first tipped this story said that Allen, his agent, and a guy who does contracts for the Seahawks mentioned Jimmy Graham in their conversation

I hope that mention was nothing more than "Jimmy is a douchebag"

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
HawksSoc":t7mp0h00 said:
Bitter":t7mp0h00 said:
This is the attitude I don't get. If he determines he is only going to get 7 or 8 million he will walk away over the 4 million rather than banking 8 million for a years work and a good shot at a championship?

I don't get it either, he signed and then earned every penny of a 72million quid contract with the Vikes, he has money, is he just uninterested in trying to get a ring? I woulda thought striving to be the best is what drives professional sports people, especially because he doesn't have to worry about taking care of his family now.
How about accept what Kansas City did years ago and understand he's all about the money? Remember what I said about him upthread? He should just get to doing it already.

Ziggyy108

Reaction score
ErikG803":3ctgs1cm said:
Ziggyy108":3ctgs1cm said:
ErikG803":3ctgs1cm said:

Maybe talking about how they completely shut him down ........ Twice

DeathbyTalons

Reaction score
Per Sean Jensen/rotoworld:

Jared Allen - DL - Vikings
Free agent DE Jared Allen is scheduled to visit the Cowboys in the "coming days."
Reporter Sean Jensen believes the meeting will happen on Monday, meaning Allen, Brandon Weeden, and Henry Melton would all be at Valley Ranch on the same day. This would be Allen's second free agent visit after his Sunday meeting with Seattle. Allen would replace DeMarcus Ware at right end in Dallas.
Related: Cowboys
Source: Sean Jensen on Twitter

One or the other Jerr-ah, not both.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts