Who do you want?

CactusJack

Reaction score
Who is the one prospect in this class that you covet? Maybe there are a couple of names that you would absolutely be over the moon for? But realistically, who is the guy that you want to be a Seahawk?

My favorites list:
ED Laiatu Latu
ED Jared Verse
DT Byron Murphy
T/G Taliese Fuaga
G Troy Fautanu
C Jackson Powers-Johnson

Last edited:

12AngryHawks

Reaction score
Dallas Turner & JPJ, either one of them in the 1st would get me excited. I also like Junior Colson, if he's available in the 3rd round, Seattle needs to grab him.

OP
OP
CactusJack

CactusJack

Reaction score
Dallas Turner & JPJ, either one of them in the 1st would get me excited. I also like Junior Colson, if he's available in the 3rd round, Seattle needs to grab him.
Colson is a good name to watch as well. Especially with the Harbaugh-Michigan connection.

12forlife

Reaction score
Wow again hard knowing what our needs will be after the dust settles in FA?
As for a draft "crush" in say in the mid rounds I have several LB prospects, and a couple DE I'm liking
James Williams Miami LB
Junior Colson Mich LB
Trevin Wallace Kentucky LB
Marshawn Kneeland DE W Michigan
Austin Booker DE Kansas

QWERTY

Reaction score
I would be happy with Verse or some elite LB.

But with all these prospects, I would love to trade down for another 2nd round or a 1st round pick next season.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Johnny Newton
Brock Bowers
Rome Odunze
Malik Nabers
Dallas Turner
Jared Verse
Byron Murphy

After trade down: Jackson Powers-Johnson, T'Vondre Sweat, Chop Robinson, Tyler Nubin, and Kam Kinchens are solid targets.

I'd also be behind a trade up for Drake Maye if we can get it done for 16 and 76 this year, plus next years first and second rounder. Perhaps a second or third in 2026 as well.

I would also consider sending a package of 16, 76, next years first, and Geno Smith.

These are unlikely to be accepted as offers, but Maye is a bona fide stud. I'd prefer to keep Geno and sit Maye for year 1.

Last edited:

Chawker

Reaction score
Well Jack, it all depends on who we cut per free agency. The big question is offense or defense, I'm thinking its defense where we need the most help.
But that would limit us to much in our first round selection.Then we need to ask ourselves who could possibly fall to us at 16th pick. Bock Bowers would be a prize pick, a block and receiver.

Chevy

Reaction score
Prospects I would be jacked about...

In the 1st round:
(OC) JPJ
(DT) Byron Murphy
(DE/OLB) Chop Robinson

2nd/3rd round:
(QB) Michael Penix
(DT/DE) Braden Fiske
(LG) Cooper Beebe
(NT/DT) T'vondre Sweat
(RG) Zach Zinter

A LB that I really like for us a bit later in the draft is Michigan LB Michael Barrett. His teammate Colston is the more known of the two, but I would rather take Barrett in the mid-rounds. Barrett is listed at 6'0" 239 lbs, although he looks smaller on the field. He has good recognition skills, looks fluid when dropping in coverage, a seems like an all-around playmaker. He may even be a good fit at SS.

WarHawks

Reaction score
I want McCarthy, Penix or Nix (I'll leave it up to JS to determine which one, but I'm leaning towards JJ) and some stout linemen in the trenches, and a Wagner replacement. I'm also stoked that MM is as cerebral and educated as he is, which makes me wonder if he might lean towards JJ, who has the same kind of mindset. I also don't subscribe to the idea that this is a zero sum game, and that we have to pick linemen OR a we pick a qb. We can do both.

Last edited:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Not sure any of those 3 are worth it at 16. IF they trade down and can still get one late 1st? Absolutely. Plus, you get that 5th year in the 1st round.

WarHawks

Reaction score
I don't just want "one" though. I want THE one. If it means taking him at 16 or higher, so be it, if they feel that he is indeed The One. If not, then they could trade down for all I care.

OP
OP
CactusJack

CactusJack

Reaction score
I want McCarthy, Penix or Nix (I'll leave it up to JS to determine which one, but I'm leaning towards JJ) and some stout linemen in the trenches, and a Wagner replacement. I'm also stoked that MM is as cerebral and educated as he is, which makes me wonder if he might lean towards JJ, who has the same kind of mindset. I also don't subscribe to the idea that this is a zero sum game, and that we have to pick linemen OR a we pick a qb. We can do both.
If you stay & pick a QB at 16, then it becomes incredibly difficult to pull that off. Especially without a 2nd round pick. This draft is not great after the first 100 picks or so. There is a HUGE drop off. You basically have just three shots (1st & two 3rd's) to get a starting caliber player. Taking a QB early leaves you with just two picks in the top 80. Not ideal by any means.

IMO none of those guys are 1st round talents. All three are day two guys for me. Penix & Nix should definitely last into Round 2.

Last edited:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
If you could be any of these 3 in the last 1st (after a trade down) make it happen. But at 16? No thanks.
Not when you can the beast from UW on the O Line, or you can grab Murphy on the D Line. Just my own opinion, but I'd MUCH rather have one of those two guys.

OP
OP
CactusJack

CactusJack

Reaction score
If you could be any of these 3 in the last 1st (after a trade down) make it happen. But at 16? No thanks.
Not when you can the beast from UW on the O Line, or you can grab Murphy on the D Line. Just my own opinion, but I'd MUCH rather have one of those two guys.
Penix & Nix can both be had in the mid-late 2nd round. You can move up for one of those guys. No need to overreach for them.

I also think McCarthy will be off the board at 16.

Last edited:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I'm not claiming I think he's a 1st round talent, just predicting that he doesn't make it out of the first.

WarHawks

Reaction score
If you stay & pick a QB at 16, then it becomes incredibly difficult to pull that off. Especially without a 2nd round pick. This draft is not great after the first 100 picks or so. There is a HUGE drop off. You basically have just three shots (1st & two 3rd's) to get a starting caliber player. Taking a QB early leaves you with just two picks in the top 80. Not ideal by any means.

IMO none of those guys are 1st round talents. All three are day two guys for me. Penix & Nix should definitely last into Round 2.
Well, if JS thinks that's actually the case, and they aren't 1st round picks, then so be it, and that's that. But if JS thinks they are, and we could have the most important position taken care of for the next 10+ years, then how do you not go for it? There are always holes to fill. We're not going to fill all of them in one year regardless of what we do. And if one of the qb's is taken in the 1st by another team and they go off, and we're still in purgatory a few years from now wondering why we didn't pick one, and bemoaning why the qb we took in the 4th round isn't panning out because we prioritized another defensive player, then this frustrating and tiresome discussion will never end.

Last edited:

Chawker

Reaction score
Look, at 16 if a great player that we want real bad isn't there then they will move back 5 or 10 spots. But thats a draft day decision. If the right guy isn't there then trading back is the smart move. Trading back 5 spots and bagging a play like B.Murphy would be sweet or Johnson.

But on the other hand if the right player falls into our laps we can score at 16.

Cheers