Jody Allen - Conclusion

Seak

Reaction score
It occurred to me this morning that I think we know what we have in Jody Allen as an owner now. To be fair to all of us, we didn't know what we didn't know when Paul passed and she took his place, most of us assumed she was absentee and Pete Carrol was his own boss. But now, with significant and strategic decisions under her belt, I think we can all safely say that she's as involved and engaged as Paul was and quite similarly operates at an altitude to the team as he did. Looking back, here's a list of the important moments that took place since 2018 that must have involved her:
  • (2021) John Schneider signs contract extension through 2027. John was in talks with Detroit to be their new GM and the word was he was no longer happy with Pete's tie-breaking vote in personnel decisions. From what was in the news, the new contract came with some restructuring of the authority between him and Pete. She would have been involved in that process in some way and it was the right call.
  • (2022) Russell Wilson trade to Denver. From what was published in the media, 'ol Russ met with her and implied that John and Pete needed to go. Jody responded by giving John Schneider the green light to move on from Russ. As we can all confidently say now, that was the right call.
  • (2024) Pete Carrol fired. Pete will be inducted into the ROH someday, will have a street named after him and may even get a statue outside the stadium, but it was time to move on. Again, the right call.
I would also add her involvement in the last two drafts and the hiring of Mike Macdonald. While I don't think she was directly involved, it was certainly under her watch that John Schneider was given the latitude to do what he's good at and the trust to make incredibly important decisions for the betterment of the franchise. That's great leadership.

I think it's safe to say the Seattle Seahawks franchise is in good hands since the late, great Paul Allen passed away in 2018. I know I feel better about that and Jody deserves alot of the credit for what we can now look back on as a solid body of work.
Well said my friend

bigcc

Reaction score
The ideal owner is extremely passionate about the team, but doesn't meddle in anything regarding roster decisions by leaving it to professionals.

Ideally using the team for passion and not just a financial asset where they look for areas to trim spending to make the bottom line feel better.

Want them to want a ring for pride, not because it raises team valuation