Who do you want?

chris98251

Reaction score
Especially after the Chiefs send the Hawks a 2nd round pick for Tyler.

I think Grubb likes the top three guys a lot, restructure and keep, throw in Bobo and they are set there for a couple more years.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I hope so. I just felt like getting a rise by even suggesting something that would make sense for both teams. IF they decide to move on from Tyler.

12forlife

Reaction score
Prospects I would be jacked about...

In the 1st round:
(OC) JPJ
(DT) Byron Murphy
(DE/OLB) Chop Robinson

2nd/3rd round:
(QB) Michael Penix
(DT/DE) Braden Fiske
(LG) Cooper Beebe
(NT/DT) T'vondre Sweat
(RG) Zach Zinter

A LB that I really like for us a bit later in the draft is Michigan LB Michael Barrett. His teammate Colston is the more known of the two, but I would rather take Barrett in the mid-rounds. Barrett is listed at 6'0" 239 lbs, although he looks smaller on the field. He has good recognition skills, looks fluid when dropping in coverage, a seems like an all-around playmaker. He may even be a good fit at SS.

Yep Barrett will be one to keep an eye on. He is fast and seems to be a good wrap up tackler with pop! Plus he has the Michigan/MM familiarity. Supplies you with another blitz weapon, just not sure about his coverage skills?

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
I like Murphy a lot. But I prefer Powers Johnson over Fautanu myself.

Penix & Nix can both be had in the mid-late 2nd round. You can move up for one of those guys. No need to overreach for them.

I also think McCarthy will be off the board at 16.
I LOVE your takes but anyone who takes MacCarthy in the 1st is insane. He's my lock to never be an NFL QB. He's certainly not a year one starter which is what would happen if he's taken in the first half of the 1st round. You can't expect a kid that has never had to carry an offense with his arm to magically make the jump to the NFL in the era of the pass first offense. Thats a huge gamble. So many better options.

OP
OP
CactusJack

CactusJack

Reaction score
I LOVE your takes but anyone who takes MacCarthy in the 1st is insane. He's my lock to never be an NFL QB. He's certainly not a year one starter which is what would happen if he's taken in the first half of the 1st round. You can't expect a kid that has never had to carry an offense with his arm to magically make the jump to the NFL in the era of the pass first offense. Thats a huge gamble. So many better options.
I'm not a big McCarthy guy either. But the rumor is the Denver & Minnesota could take him in the 1st round.

I personally wouldn't take him in Round 1. But there's a lot of chatter that he'll be the 4th QB taken.

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
Any combination of the following

QB: McCarthy, Penix
OL: Fuaga, Fautanu, JPJ, Zinter, Brandon Coleman
EDGE: Jonah Ellis, Braiden McGregor
DL: Newton, Braden Fiske
TE: Tanner McLachlan
LB: Edgerrin Cooper, Marist Liufau
S: Sione Vaki

getnasty

Reaction score
Hope they get McCarthy or Bowers at 16 if we don't nab either one of those then hopefully trade back.

In the late 1st

Murphy
Newton
Kitchens
Fautana
Powers-Johnson
Nix
Mims (kick one of the tackles inside)
Dejean (as a saftey)

WarHawks

Reaction score
When asked to, he has delivered. Three td's against the Dawgs for instance. I see nothing about him that precludes him.being able to take the next step, especially if he's able to sit for a year. He would likely be a #1 or #2 pick in 2025.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
When asked to, he has delivered. Three td's against the Dawgs for instance. I see nothing about him that precludes him.being able to take the next step, especially if he's able to sit for a year. He would likely be a #1 or #2 pick in 2025.
How often does a QB taken the first half of the 1st round get to sit for a year? Almost never. The expectation is that they are going to start. You're not setting him up for success.

12forlife

Reaction score
How often does a QB taken the first half of the 1st round get to sit for a year? Almost never. The expectation is that they are going to start. You're not setting him up for success.
When it happens it works more then you think, the key is to have an above average Vet, to bring the pup along. Smith/Mahomes, Bledsoe/Brady, Farve/Rogers, Rogers/Love. Geno would be a good QB to sit behind a year, then in year 2 it's an open competition in camp.

WarHawks

Reaction score
I don't see any other way we're going to get a legit qbotf at 16, unless you think Penix or Nix can start on day one. If so, that's fair. If the argument is we should only get a top 3, ready to start qbotf, then the only way to do that is trade the farm to trade up, or tank for a year, neither of which anyone here at least seems willing to do.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Hoping we can trade down AND get a QB late 1st round. Taking one of these QB's at 16..........not sure I'm a huge fan. Later in the 1st after a trade down? Sure.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
When it happens it works more then you think, the key is to have an above average Vet, to bring the pup along. Smith/Mahomes, Bledsoe/Brady, Farve/Rogers, Rogers/Love. Geno would be a good QB to sit behind a year, then in year 2 it's an open competition in camp.
My take is that if they drafted Penix he's automatically the smartest guy in the QB room day one. Geno's football IQ is limited, and his pocket awareness is terrible. Could Penix or Nix benefit from sitting behind him? Yes, but I think there are better Veteran QB's to learn from. Remember who the new OC is.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
Hoping we can trade down AND get a QB late 1st round. Taking one of these QB's at 16..........not sure I'm a huge fan. Later in the 1st after a trade down? Sure.
Nix in round 2 after a trade down to get more picks.

WarHawks

Reaction score
That would be ideal, certainly. Just not sure it's realistic, given that there are ten qb needy teams this year.

WarHawks

Reaction score
I think Penix may be the only one available in the late 1st due to his injury concerns. I'm curious, if a team trades back from say, 16 to 27 or something similar, when that kind of trade is made, does the trading up team guarantee that they won't pick the guy the trading down team (Seahawks) wants? I wonder if that is discussed, or if anything goes, and you just take your chances?

12forlife

Reaction score
My take is that if they drafted Penix he's automatically the smartest guy in the QB room day one. Geno's football IQ is limited, and his pocket awareness is terrible. Could Penix or Nix benefit from sitting behind him? Yes, but I think there are better Veteran QB's to learn from. Remember who the new OC is.
Oh I agree, just kinda going with the cards we are dealt. Since Geno is here he might aswell be the bridge, totally agree Geno limits the offense head & ability wise. I don't think it matters JJ, Penix, Nix, Rattler or Travis, they all will need to sit a season or two.